What is the need of the sapling series?

Playability issues, game balance, etc.
Ponty-Pool Porlock
Youngster
Team Name: Cardiff Crups

What is the need of the sapling series?

Postby Ponty-Pool Porlock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:06 pm

I played this game about a year ago, with the same team name in case you can remember, and simply fell in love with it, I think that there are a few things that should be added, but as is it is fun and addictive. When I played it previously I loved to play against the other teams and occasionally win, but due to my exams, I had to give up playing and start to do non-stop revision. My account was subsequently banned, but I couldn't truly stay away, I had caught the quidditch bug. When I came back I found myself in a very small league of 3 teams, and I keep playing Bye (whoever they are). I understand that the creators have a tough job but could they not just pile us all together. - Ponty-pool Porlock
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Re: What is the need of the sapling series?

Postby Cygnus » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:16 pm

Hi and first of all thanks for your opinion on this!

I agree that it is very unfortunate to land in Sapling Series while there are only a few teams in each group, but it's a necessary evil in order to keep things fair.

Imagine 17 teams joining Sapling over the course of a season. Theoretically, the first few teams of each group are promoted, meaning that team #16 would stay and #17 would go up to Oak. Unfair!

Also, the teams' skill distribution across groups is more even with the current system, since teams get stronger over time.

Best,
Cygnus

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Ponty-Pool Porlock
Youngster
Team Name: Cardiff Crups

Re: What is the need of the sapling series?

Postby Ponty-Pool Porlock » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks, Cygnus, once again great game, nothing but respect for you for replying, I understand now. Best of luck with the honour league, only played for a while but you were always my favourite because your team comes from my hometown.

Keep it real,
King Crup.

Return to “Gameplay”