Small quality of life improvemnets

Your ideas to help improve the game
Ugy
Youngster
Team Name: Waterford Warewolfs

Small quality of life improvemnets

Postby Ugy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:05 am

Hello there,
So after playing for few days I put together list of few QoF improvements I think might be not that hard to implement and might make life in QM slightly easier. Basicaly those are things i keep running into on daily base.

1, Possibility to show player profficency as hint when you move cursor over the color bar in Lineups screen. Now you have to click the player to see the number. Basicaly the same as now when you move your cursor over Acc and it shows you "Accuracy" you would move cursor over yellow bar and it would show "58%". I know most of you probably have players with 100% and it doesnť bother you but for new players like me who tryes to track progress of his guys on their new position it would be pretty useful.

2, Add "Dismiss Player", "Add player to tradelist" and "Block offers" to the player screen. Currently those buttons are only accesible thru Contracts screen and since all of them take you to new screen its basicaly only adding links to player screen (I know thats never that easy in programming but this shouldn´t bee that hard). It can be added next to / under the current links like "Talk to player" or the line which shows that Player offers are blocked can be made clickable and toggle states. That depends on preffered desing pattern.

3, The last one is not that small and it might be harder to implement. Comparing players. I had to addmit it took me while before i figured out how to compare two players. Now (if I understand it right) it compares the player with the last player you tryed to compare. Here I dont have any specific solution only one idea. Above that comparision table could be two Edit fields with search which would allow you to search for two players you wish to compare and some "Compare" button. The default behaviour of those field could be the same as it is now (so it will be pre-filled with current compared player and the last one), also there could be something like quicklist of choices maybe players from your team. Again I know this is something most of you is used to but as someone who is new to the game I have to say its pretty hard to get used to. Also as it is never explained anywhere (at least as far as I know) how it works its pretty user unfriendly.

Ok that is all. I know it is pretty hard to run this kind of project especialy if it is work of one man or really small team. So even in spite of those few little "complaints" you guys are doing great work and also the comunity around here is pretty cool.
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Re: Small quality of life improvemnets

Postby Cygnus » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Ugy wrote:1, Possibility to show player profficency as hint when you move cursor over the color bar in Lineups screen. Now you have to click the player to see the number. Basicaly the same as now when you move your cursor over Acc and it shows you "Accuracy" you would move cursor over yellow bar and it would show "58%". I know most of you probably have players with 100% and it doesnť bother you but for new players like me who tryes to track progress of his guys on their new position it would be pretty useful.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Ugy
Youngster
Team Name: Waterford Warewolfs

Postby Ugy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:21 am

Awsome
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:30 am

Cygnus wrote:

For this could we have it show for all the players and not just the 7 you have in the lineup?
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact

Return to “Suggestions”