To-Do-List

Your ideas to help improve the game
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Re: To-Do-List

Postby Cygnus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:06 pm

I don't have a timeline yet.

I'd be interested in your opinion on what makes teams require larger squad sizes to review if we should already be increasing it.

Not all youth players make the cut to play in the main team and the idea is that the overproduced players end up on the tradelist to fill in for free agents.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:10 pm

It's not necessarily something which needs to be changed, I just wondered if there was a plan in place for it.
Right now, many forum-users are circumventing the problem with forum-loans (either to bring regens up to first team quality quicker or to get additional squad slots) but since that's not an in-game mechanic, it seems like an unfair advantage to use more than a little. I've only used it with one of my clubs and even that is basically only ever one loan at a time. The Mifflins regens are growing via in-game academy and friendlies (1.75 per day, on average, probably) and they are not yet good enough to take first team squad spaces. I am either forced to sell them, weaken my first team, or loan them via the forum.
If there was an academy part (perhaps with 2 or 3 tiers) which allowed for one extra player per tier, that would be ace!
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:30 pm

Limit is fine right now, otherwise there might end up with much less on the tradelist and it stops teams hording talent. Smallish squads mean talent spread more evenly. Also makes squad management harder as people have to make a choice rather than just have the space they need to do everything.

What it should go up to when we need more than just a main 7 i'm not 100% sure. Probably between 15-18 with 16 being what i'm thinking is best.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:32 pm

Matthueycamo wrote:Limit is fine right now, otherwise there might end up with much less on the tradelist and it stops teams hording talent. Smallish squads mean talent spread more evenly. Also makes squad management harder as people have to make a choice rather than just have the space they need to do everything.

What it should go up to when we need more than just a main 7 i'm not 100% sure. Probably between 15-18 with 16 being what i'm thinking is best.

I'm tending to between 15 and 16 also.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:44 pm

I think Matt has enough squad space because he did a rebuild. His regens are all in his squad, so of course there is no need for more room. I'm surprised the Corgis are doing okay with space because they seemed to be producing a lot of regens but then I guess you've done more loans than the Mifflins (and possibly more than the Dursleys).

Right now it is insanely hard to find room for my players if I want to avoid dropping to Bronze immediately after winning a trophy. I've always been a fan of large squads but the limit is forcing me to find forum loans.
Deniz87
Captain
Team Name: Paddock Wood Fairies

Postby Deniz87 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:09 pm

I agree with Matthueycamo.

SpeedyReedy wrote:Right now it is insanely hard to find room for my players

Then,don't "steal" lower overall players that you won't use in your main squad heheeee :P

Cygnus wrote:+ Fouls, injuries and suspensions

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! :o one of the worst and feared sides of sport management games lol.
PADDOCK WOOD FAIRIES | :Iron1st: S.39 :Steel1st: S.42
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:38 pm

I agree with Matthuey and Cygnus, I think that around 15 would be a great number, I don't see how or why you would need more.

About what deniz said the wording wasn't maybe the correct one but the truth I that you do buy a lot of players just to resell them, players that end in the tradelist for a good chunk of time, I dont think that needing more space for players to resell would be a good justification for making the player limit higher, maybe all the contrary...
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Deniz87
Captain

Postby Deniz87 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:53 pm

yes sir,that was the meaning (I had the same impression)..but in a joking way of course.
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:57 pm

No offense taken but those players are all or usually regens, for which there is unlimited space. The five I have outside of each squad are all players who will one day be in the main team (except one who I thought was a regen when I acquired them by DPN)
I also generate 3 players per season and have teams which I am building to be long-term contenders. If the changes being made are to discourage rebuilds, they are not working right now.
All I ask is a transition between 12 and 15 players. 13 for a month, then 14, then 15.
So that people are prepared for FIS and not suddenly scrambling to find 3 new players per team.
Deniz87
Captain

Postby Deniz87 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Got it.

Return to “Suggestions”