To-Do-List

Your ideas to help improve the game
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Re: To-Do-List

Postby cygnus-flamel » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:19 pm

So you don't want the player limit to increase to 15 immediately? Umm I don't know, I mean people will look for new players as soon as they have the money to do so and increasing the player limit gradually I think that will hurt more than what it could help, I also don't think that people will enter in panic and try to fill their player limit once the FIS is announced, maybe all the contrary, if we add the fact that Cygnus will most probably give us enough time to prepare ourselves like he did with the academy upgrades then i don't see problem with receiving the whole new player limit from one shot, in my opinion.
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:27 pm

I agree with cygnus-flamel.

Once it's time, the limit should be increased at once to the new limit.

I think it'll actually be fun to see how managers will react to it. Only few clubs will be able to collect two complete super squads and might prefer having a few "fillers" on the bench instead of having to juggle match experience between different top players. One aspect would be buying top substitutes and having the money for that, the other maintaining and paying their salaries. 14 players x 100 G would result in 42,000 G per season, which would have a big impact on most clubs' budget.

Looking forward to it!

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Yeah a two season or so warning similar to academies (a season we knew it was coming then a season before the first youth generated) should be good. In that two seasons the limit goes from 12 to 15/16 in one go. Most people have extra players already especially where youth is concerned and 60 matchdays is a lot of time for trades. The price of the best players might increase but I don't think there will be a shortage of players.

@Speedy. I also have had a period where I kept refreshing my team with a squad of 11-12 and that worked ok too for what I was trying to do. You like everybody else know what the limit is for squad size so picking a strategy that is hard to do is not a reason to just bump up the limit and make it easier. I don't think forum loans are a problem and if anything loans should become an official feature of the game. The changes being made for a while have as far as I have understood not been to discourage rebuilds but to make it easier to sustain a team competitively. This is being done in a number of ways that don't allow big teams to just hover up all the talent which is what just expanding the squad limit would do. Such squad limit increases before FIS and perhaps even more after would just make it harder for smaller teams to get talent and make it more uncompetitive. Currently big teams can pay more for players to get the best but the squad limit puts a check on how much of an effect this buying power can have.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:53 pm

I'd like loans to become a feature too. However right now they are a user fix for an ingame problem. Most teams haven't produced the number of players I've made but those that have must also be realising now that it is impossible to keep even one per season if you want to avoid a rebuild.
My current strategy actually works fine for the existing system but by the end of next season, it will become much harder to balance. The Dursleys are only feeling the squeeze because I got a player by DPN who turned out to not be a youth - which means I can't sell them or keep them!
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:05 pm

I knew that a while ago, that's why after I had my 7 for the main squad I stopped recruiting more than one youth a season. Even with just one it's still necessary to sell some of them. I don't really get why you are still getting three since most of them are only going to end up in the teams of clubs that could become your rivals or are already. It seems to me the main beneficiaries of it are other clubs not yours.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:13 pm

[[Moved Deatheater's off topic post out of here and back into the More National Teams thread.]]
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:22 pm

Matthueycamo wrote:I knew that a while ago, that's why after I had my 7 for the main squad I stopped recruiting more than one youth a season. Even with just one it's still necessary to sell some of them. I don't really get why you are still getting three since most of them are only going to end up in the teams of clubs that could become your rivals or are already. It seems to me the main beneficiaries of it are other clubs not yours.

I'm happy to produce players for other teams. I get first dibs on those players and it's fun seeing my ex players doing well at other teams - like Georgette Baird or Carlton Hussain!
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:29 pm

SpeedyReedy wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:I knew that a while ago, that's why after I had my 7 for the main squad I stopped recruiting more than one youth a season. Even with just one it's still necessary to sell some of them. I don't really get why you are still getting three since most of them are only going to end up in the teams of clubs that could become your rivals or are already. It seems to me the main beneficiaries of it are other clubs not yours.

I'm happy to produce players for other teams. I get first dibs on those players and it's fun seeing my ex players doing well at other teams - like Georgette Baird or Carlton Hussain!

If Carlton stayed on your team, he wouldn't have been deleted...
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:50 pm

Deatheater wrote:
SpeedyReedy wrote:

If Carlton stayed on your team, he wouldn't have been deleted...

True. That's similar to the reason I suggested that deleted teams released their players to the tradelist (in what I like to call the Transfer Window). A lot of my ex-players have been deleted and it always made me a little sad.
Still, he wasn't better than Quinn Brick or Tilda Campbell, so he had to go.
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:06 am

Oh well...
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.

Return to “Suggestions”