Victoria Valkyries

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Re: Victoria Valkyries

Postby Ruse » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Mission Silver League Title

Is this season the first season where we can win a title?
Ruse thinks so and with a look at the fantastic chaserline which Manager Harley Shaw can field this season the season target looks possible.
"We have to beat some strong teams, but we have maybe the best Valkyrie Team in our History. With Alwin Knight, Silver Jenklins and Jarvis Houtghon we have one of the most powerfull attacking line in our league. Our Beater duo works very well, Seeker Gertrude Johnson is a dependable Seeker and Ramsay Uddin seems to be in form again." said Shaw about his Team.
Fans would be happy when the Team made them finally proud after only one promotion with a reached promotionspot.
But the season start was very unlucky and the team don´t show why they have this high claims. Loosing the first two matches cause we haven´t get a third chaser in Time we loose now against Liverpool Jagiellonia via Snitch Catch.

Shaw don´t like to talk negatively about the season start. "3:3 looks not that good, but there are 54 Games to go and we have all chances to reach our targets."

Finally we have to wait if Shaws words come true, while he works at the future Squad of our Team.
So we welcome our number 70, the australian Nationalplayer Alvin Knight.
The 28 Years old Ex Alchemist player join us as Free Agent for 52785G and is the biggest capture of the season.
With Honourleagueexperience and seven Nationalgames he is the new leader iof our chaserline and looks extremely strong infont of the rings in the first games.

The second new Player is Chaser Galvin Rice.
Also 28 years old he should replace Jarvis Houghton at the end of the season or earlier if he could play better then his teammate.

We wish both a good time at Victoria.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 am

Season 44

After a weak season we start again with the target to reach promotion.
But without any new starting player fans doubt that the team has enough quality to play better then last season.
Financially has manager Harley Shaw no other chance then trying to play with the same team.
After the 80k trade of beaterstar Orlena Speake who joined us from the Harrogate Villains we have only a small financialy leeway, but also we have only one player who retires, so we have time to fill our bank again, before we have to replace our team.
With a patchy seasonstart with wins against direct oponnents and losses against some of the weaker teams of the league, the critic about Harley Shaw starts again to become louder, while many people lost confidence again, that he can develop this team to become strong enough for the claims of this club.

Shaw silence about the critic, but counter the them with the announcement of the trade of Nuno Paredes. The portuguese Chaser could become a worldclass player when he becomes enough matchpractice. For a price of 21364G he join us from the Kingston Killers.
" Its a small step into the future of our team and also a step to build up a younger team." he told.
" That doesn´t mean that we change our strategy of buying finished players, but when we like to attack bigger teams we have to start to buy talents earlier to save money"

Time will show if the Valkyries will made the next step by reaching promotion, but with every unsuccessful season the pressure will become biger at the not spoilt by success club.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:28 am

Season 45

Season 45 nears the end. The Valkyries will stay safe in Gold league, but had to fight a long time against relegation.
With the outlook of having many old players its now a big question of new plans for our future and Manager Harley Shaw has much to do now, to strength up the team.

Before we talk about our future outlook we like to take a look at our past trades.
There we had to say goodbye to Legend Gertrude Johnson. The English seeker was one of the best in honour league un till she was sold to us.
With constant great games she lead our team into Gold League and plays herself into the heart of our fans.
As replacement we welcome our new record Transfer Mandy Gallacher.
We paid 80001 G for the scottish seekerstar who joined us from the Plymouth Catchers.
Untill now fans are torn about her. At one side she has a good stat but she lost to many important duells and don´t win enough games, if we compare her to Gertrude.
Shaw himself trys to protect her, but after a complete season is the argument, that she didn´t play many games for plymouth and that she needs time to get at her best level, not a very strong reason for her protection.

The same feelings have many fans about Orlena Speake. Speake plays a weak season with just 51.7% Bludger Hits. The fact that 36 year old beaterpartner Lorelei Miller reaches 51.8% is not a good argumtent for speake. At one side Miller was always a strong beater, but when Speake in her best years can´t beat an aged player like Miller its understandable that fans ask for the sense behind the 80k trade from Orlena.

At our keeper position we welcome Flavia Hermoza. The spain talent returns from Feederclub Windsor Wings and replace Ramsay Uddin, who joined the wings.
The 24 years old Keeper needs time to develop and so we don´t beat her for playingnot that strong for our team. But she has everything to become a wonderful player.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:18 am

Goodbye Ramsay Uddin

With 37 years will Ramsay Uddin end his career today.
He played 17 Nationalgames for NewZealand and was winner of a Golden Broom Award as Best Keeper of S36.
For us he played many seasons as leading player and helped us to achieve many promotions untill he was replaced by Flavia Hermoza and ends his career at loan for the Windsor Wings
For that success we will remember him and will always be thankful at Emyln Road. Goodby Ramsay and good luck in future.

Manager Harley Shaw at the seasonparty at the Emyln Road about Ramsay Uddin, who gets his final applause.
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:15 pm

and what a career he had, Corgis-Alchemist-Miffins/Dursleys?-and Valkyries.

played his first seasons of profesional quidditch with the Alchemists until he was 23 i think, he was a chaser back then.
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:22 pm

Great to know. That was for my QM time.
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:48 pm

cygnus-flamel wrote:and what a career he had, Corgis-Alchemist-Miffins/Dursleys?-and Valkyries.

played his first seasons of profesional quidditch with the Alchemists until he was 23 i think, he was a chaser back then.

Just Mifflins, never in the Dursleys - I don't think. I'm the one who made him into a Keeper.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:56 pm

The Pegasus Broom Company

With a new Look we start winning 5:1 at the last six games and also start working hardly on some deals.
Background is a new Deal with the scandinavian Pegasus Broom Company. The PBC under their director Ravn Claesson buys for 700k 51% of the Valkyries and Claesson becomes also our new president of the club.
Fans are angry about the deal and they fear that Claesson use the club for his personal entertainment. Only a small group of fans see in Claesson a chance of a more successfull future and maybe a first title win.
Claesson himself starts his time with a controversial decision. He named the swedish Manager Josefine Forsberg as new Director of sports and make her the new boss of Harley Shaw.
Shaw who has build up his standing at the club and his fans and shows great skills in reaching every season a better ranking wasn´t attainable for a statement and many people expect his retirement.

At the following press conference did Claesson spek clearly about the decision.
" I decide to bring in Josefine Forsberg, cause i wonder about the financial situation of this Club. Shaw did as coach a wonderful job and i hope he will stay at our club, but he invested many Gs in a small number of players and plays with his strategy at the financial limit. But with three aged players he also plays with fire. For the moment he has handled it luckily. But when we watch at the last Free Agents Day, we also have to swallow that we are far away from bigger clubs and be unaible to buy players like Faye Wallace without a better financial situation.
I don´t like to criticise harley, cause his decision to follow the strategy of buying veteran players brought this team that fast into Gold League.
but I fear the team has now not much potential to develop that way. Also we need to change somethin to be prepared for the future tasks of the game. So i decide to bring in Jo Forsberg as Director of sports. She will handle from now on all Trades and Marketing decisions and will be mainly responsible for the scouting."

While all eyes go on Jo she starts to introduce herself.

" Hello. About me there isn´t much to say, so i will start to tell about my future plans. At first i would be happy to work with Harley. I know it must be hard for him to loose his responsibility in the Managemant of this club, and i know that many people expect his retirement, but i hope that he decides to stay as coach and lead our team also in future. I think Claessons decision is not against Harley Shaw, but is in the interest of the club. Of cause we will gave him any time he needs to think about his future, knowing that he will make good job in that time.
In my past i made the experience that many teams work better with task sharing and it should relieve Shaw, who had to work under big pressure and who has to shoulder a big responsibilty over the past years. I myself will invest in our Academy to strenght up our training and will search for younger players who should build a new generation of Valkyrie players. we hope to build up a team that identify much with our club and will bring us a successfull future."

After the speech joins the team the press conference. All wear the new Jersey with the new sponsorname and show new brooms. The Pegasus 7 in a special Valkyrie design. Its darkblue with a red gravure of the player name and red wings. At the front of the broomstick is carved into the wood a small figurehead in form of a Valkyrie with a winged helmet.
King welcomes Claesson and Forsberg, but also made clear that the squad stands behind Harley Shaw.
The fans stand behind Harley and show many banners for him, outside the stadium, but greater potests against Claesson or Forsberg was absent, which seems to be a promising start for the new president and manager, but both need to prove themselfs and some dark clouds seems to approach at the horizon.
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:12 am

Very cool post Ruse, loved this last one!
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:29 pm

Thank you

Return to “Roleplay”