Victoria Valkyries

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Re: Victoria Valkyries

Postby Ruse » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:17 pm

Stadium and news

From now on we will play our home games at Emlyn Road Stadium. With only 4100 seats its very small, but for a new small village team it´s very sufficent.

Also we are very happy to have a new seeker. Alton Devine (24 years, 50 avg) join our team for 301G from Cardiff Griffins. Hr isn´t a very talented player, but for small money he is at an acceptable level to play iron league and should help us to get out of the relegation zone.
Fans are very unhappy about his frst games, after he loss the snitch race against Paddock Wood Fairies Seeker Elsie Rice when we was only 20 Points behind the Fairies. Of course we was only outsiders in the game but in our situation it was a big chance to get a bonus point which could help us in the relegation battle.

Although we are confident to hold the league, after Harley Shaw lead us to 4 wins, since his arrival. We are now 1 win ahead of our rival and hope that we can get the points we need in our last direct duels. Also we hope to get a new quality Chaser to improve our team and stay at iron league.

Last but not least we want welcome the second club of Victoria, the Victoria Vixens. After some time without a team, it is nce that our small village fall in love with quidditch again. Time will show us if our new local rival will grow up or vanish again, but we wish them best luck and a succesful future.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:53 pm

New Team Captain and chaser.

We want welcome Melinda Henderson, a 33 year old english chaser. She join us for 3584 G from Kirkwall Kirkwallers and will be our new Team Captain.
We are very confident that she will help us to win some moe games in iron league and we are happy that our scouting team has found her.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:14 pm

New Coaching Duo

We welcome our new Coaching Duo.
Livia Kane Coach.png
Livia Kane Coach.png (3.23 KiB) Viewed 1705 times
Beverly Griffith Coach.png
Beverly Griffith Coach.png (2.93 KiB) Viewed 1705 times

Our Local original player Livia Kane and Beverly Griffith get a one year contract as new coaching team. Beverly will be our Headcoach and Livia will train also our young players. Until Beverly has a work permit Livia will coach the team alone.
The young duo will work until Harley will join the coaching team after his career.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:19 am

Season Report:

We look back at a great season. Staying in Iron we win 18 games and bring alot room between relegation places and our strong 11 place.
We buy some strong veterans and are happy to get the legendary Harley Shaw. Also we could improve our popularity to 1835 G.

Transfer expenses: 8564 G
Transfer revenue: 301
Transfer record: -8263 G
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Press conference

Welcome to the first pressconference of the Victoria Vakyries. Little bit late, after six matchdays but here it is.

We welcome Beverly Griffith and Livia Kane, our new coaching duo.
How do you feel to get this new responsibility?

Griffith: Its great. I can´t stop smilling. Its a big task but also a great honour to coach our team.
Kane: I can only affiliate with beverly. It´s great that we can stay at Victoria and work for our homeclub.

I´m sorry. I have to ask you that. But both of you are very young. Do you think that you can handle the much more experienced players in your squad? Will they follow you?

Kane: We know that this question will come and i want to be honest. We also have ask us this question before we sign this contract. We know that we are young. We know we never was strong players and we never would play a big role in the quidditch world, but we love quidditch and there are many examples of famous coaches who hasn´t a big player career.

So you don´t miss playing?

Kane: I think it will be a curious feeling to watch our old teammates play, but it will be also nice to stay behind the rings at the strategy area and plan the success of our team.
Griffith smiles: And you forget that we can play in the trainingsessions if the desire is to strong.

lets talk about the new team strategy. What are your future plans?
Griffith: We don´t want to change lot´s of things. We are at a good way at the moment and we will follow the actual teamstrategy, to buy veteran players with strong qualitys, but we want to change little things of our matchplan. To often we play very defensive. We want to attack our oponnents and control games in future. Also we search for other ways and could imagine to loan some players.
Kane. At the financial sector we plan to build up Emlyn Road Stadium and searching for some local sponsors

A nice plan, but how you want to beat rich clubs if you try to buy new veterans?

Griffith; We are a small village club in welsh, which isn´t a perfect location for big money. But also we have two advantages here in Victoria. At first the village has a nice character and we don´t need to share sponsors or fans wth lot´s of other clubs around of victoria. And we don´t fear bigger teams and want to challenge them. So we could present Berthe Maurice from the Belfast foxes by 1236 G.

What are your longterm aims?
Kane: We want to build up our team and create a base for stable success. Everybody knows that we are considered to be only a second team of the Victory association, but why we shouldn´t have success? So for us it could be only our target to win promotion next year and then build up a squad which stay in steel league.

What will you do if Harley Shaw retires?
Beverly: We will coach the team till season end and then step back to work as assistent coaches. Harley has many experience we can learn from, so we will profit a lot to work with him.

What is the funniest part of coaching the Valkyies you looking for?

Beverly laughs: I think the season party with the Victories and the Aethersprites. Last year it was a big fun, to play a powerdivechallenge from the Cliffs of Victorystadium before we made a three vs three Quidditch tournement. The Oncoming storm has tricked us if she played last year aganst us, but this time we host both teams and we have some ideas to return the favour.

Kane nodded: The season partys are always fun. Hope we can pay our dues.

So we wish you bith good luck and hope that you has a successful carreer at victoria.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:32 am

Five days untill our Legend will retire

The speech is about superstar Harley Shaw. The legendary keeper will retire at the end of the season after a long and very succesfull career.
For the rest of the season he will play from now on also all friendly games to get some goodbye games.

Tonight he will play maybe his last game at the Kent Davidson Watercraft against his old teammates from the Plymouth Catchers. It will be a very emotional match for him and i think all people will be happy to see him one more time showing his worldclass.
We will also keep our eyes open to find another friendly against the catchers. Maybe at the last gameday, but we can´t promise something.

In this season he plays again very strong. With an Avg of 75 he is 4th best Keeper of the season and he saves 67.2%, which gave us the chance to win promotion.
(Maybe third best, cause our Number two Tyne Gerish has only played three games against weaker teams).
With 57% saves against second placed team Burnley stormwarriors he also save us a very important vicory in the promotion battle. After 17h we won with 2500:1750. Shaw saves 236 shots, while his oponnent keeper Pepe Negrin could only save 167.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:33 pm

Harley Shaw will be our teammanager.

After the retirement of harley Shaw, harley will take over the Role as leading manager of the Team. Livia kane and Beverly griffith who has made a good jobwill work as Assistant coach and Youth Coach, while beverly also should work as Scout.

After an unspectacular season Harley firstly said, that he want bring in fresh wind. With financial risk and more money spend in veteran players he want to improve the team and entertain the fans, who should see great players at Emlyn Road.
At first he had some suprises at the season party in Victoria, where we host the Victorys and the Aethersprites for some nice hours.
So we have welcome new Beater Waldemar Krause, who joined us from the Paisley StrawHats for 5201 G and the ex frenchnational seeker Christine Gabriel, who we buy for 475G by the Newcastle Gunstlingers.
The 36 Year Age Seeker should play two seasons for us untill she retires. She will play with Number 46. Waldemar Krause take over the Number 8 Jersey.
Also it is confirmed that Harley seek a new Chaser and a new starting Goalkeeper. Team captain Tyne Garrish has not the best cards for the Number One, while she needs more time to get competive.

The party was a big success for the valkyries. At the obligatory three versus three quidditch game show the oldschool trio around of Harley, Christine and Melina Henderson some great games and win against the Victory Youngsters Selena Brennan, Gianluigi Soleri and Joe stevens in the final with 250:230 in a close match. memorable was the trick from harley Shaw, who revenge the last years blame against Selena Brennan. He catch the Quaffle a second before her and let her bodycheck goes in the nothing by making a fast sideroll on his broom, before he throw it our of the motion into the oponnents ring.

At the End it was a very harmony day. With lots of conversations and lots of drinking and dancing and all agreed, that they are ready to go in the World Cup season.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:13 am

Happy Christmas

First season from Harley starts promising. Placed after 21 matchdays in the midfield with only one game behind third place is very strong for our first steel season and will be honoured by our fans. Maybe we can climb some places above to increase our inofficial popularity. Only the fast loss at the CWC hurts, after sending b Team chaser melinda henderson into the game against the Braves.

At the managers side he does miracles. Working with experienced players, he build up a strong Team without paying to many. exceptional is only the transfer of french chaser lou Thomas, who was hired for 23640 G from the Free Agency.
At the others side he spend lots of money into our stadium. So we can pronounce that we build up the Emlyn Road to 24000 places, which doubles the actual capacity.
The expanditure is our next step from the small village club to an recognized and ambitious quidditch team.
With high targets we plan at the moment our strategy for the next season, where we want be involved into the promotion battle.
For that reason we will try to find one or two new players which should improve our squad.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:53 am

Harley Shaw ends keeper crisis.

Cause Team Captain Tyne Gerrish fails to follow in the steps of Harley Shaw, the Headcoach ends now the Try by buying a new Heir of himself.
After many unsuccesfull Negotioations with many clubs he presented today the 31 year old american chaser Gardner Mullen as his follower. The chaser has awesome keeper key skills of 97 which should made him a star keeper in his league. After he was set on the tradelist we buy him for 9001G from Newcastle East.
Mullen is very happy to play for the valkyries, where he plays in a very international group of very strong and ambitious players of his age and where he can play regular in a bigger stadium.
"Its the right time to made this move. I was firstly confused when Harley tolds me about his plan to let me play as keeper. But then i thought I spent my whole life playing as chaser but never get a perfect player.Also it was a great honour that a legendary keeper thought that i can play this position. So i gave it a try and when i play keeper at a scrimmage i felt that the position mades much more fun then i thought. So it´s a great pleasure to start my adventure at Victoria." said Gardnder about hs move.
Shaw himself is pleased to get ahigh quality player for small money and tells also that he plans to finishe the stadium expanditure to 32k within a short time.
Lets see what the future brings.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:33 am

Promotion dreams end

At first we welcome Lorelei Millar our new Beater, ho join us for 20001G from Cardiff Corgis.
Many fans will maybe watch two times, when she read about that much money for her, and also Ruse ask harley twice what he did with this transfer, but Lorelei was a long time at our watch list and as welsh star she could be a new fanfavourite.
Lorelei is happy to stay in Wales and live near enough to made some trips to Cardiff to meet her friends and her family.

One point which could Harley bring more problems is the sporty situation. The target was to fight for promotion, but after loosing again against the Black Cats and the Runcorns ends all dreams of promotion abruptly.
Reasons are found fast. New Keeper Gardner Mullen plays to weak and need much more time to get competive at this position which is maybe our biggest weakpoint.
After finishing our stadium extansion we should have the funds to builp up a stronger team which should reach promotion and also our team looks very good at the paper. But Harley made also to many tactical mistakes.
Ruse says he has the full trust in Harley and he will have the chance to improve his performances but also he has to know that he has to reach good results to let the pressure end.

Harley him self don´t want to talk much. I can´t say anything about the savety of my job. I gave everything I can to improve our team and hope i can learn from my mistakes. I´m happy here and as long as i feel the trust in my work, i want to fight for my job.

Return to “Roleplay”