Quidditch Weekly

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Quidditch Weekly

Postby Xter » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:02 am

Deatheater and I are getting together to have a real GO at a weekly quidditch Roleplay, and so on this thread we hope to be posting RP articles, just about QM itself, so things like this:
[+] NSFW
Hello, I'm Aceedee Completelyunpronounceablelastname, but you can call me Aceedee C! I'm here today with Stu Pidoesn'thaveaknownending, but you can call him Stu Pid! Today we'll be discussing the rosters of current Honour League teams. There will be four episodes, each one with four different teams. Today we have the Corgis, Ashwinders, Dementors, and Phoenixes!

Corgis: The Corgis are probably the most famous quidditch club in the world. They are sporting a relatively young squad this season, but they always do well, no matter who's playing for them! That's always been a talent for the Corgis! They have some problems in the Keeper position, with only 24 year old Frenchman Theo Moine. He has potential to be great, but you have to wonder, is he really ready yet? Doesn't matter now! The Corgis have a decent chaser lineup, lead by the famed Scotsman himself, Corwinnnnn Mathiaasss!!! He's got Fox McLaren and Mexican talent Jose Rojo behind him, and together they can rack up some points, in my opinion. In the Beater position, there is a little problem to see who will partner with Winona Brown. Lorelei Millar is certainly decent, but for 30, she's not really Honour League quality, in my opinion. Olivieri, however, has really been stepping up and could definitely be a future star, it all depends. Maybe he could really provide a spark in that Beating lineup and bring back some more glory for ol' Cardiff. Eric Roberts has been rather impressive for Cardiff and obviously has his position locked down, and he's one to watch. Have the Corgis got themselves another Safira Fernandez? Well, we'll see. Overall, the Corgis are a decent team, and will not be relegated, but I can't see them fighting for the title.

Ashwinders: The London Ashwinders are impressive, having built a powerful squad with young players. You've got the Irish National keeper Drake Barnes holding steady in the back, he's definitely a future talent, and he's already snatched the national position. The Ashwinders chaser line is a little less skilled than the Corgis. Silvestre Covarubbias, another skilled Mexican chaser leads the attack with Gillian Williamson and Brigham Clayton at his sides, and while it's not as frightening as Mathias, it's still an impressive line and has potential. In the Beater position it's Avery Gwilt and Tara Norton, both of whom I consider talented. The line is a little better than the Corgis, and frankly, the two have better connections than the Corgis' beaters. At Seeking position is marvel Xavier Laroche who has already matched the talent of McLaren and Fernandez. He really is so fun to watch, he flies with great confidence, and any opposing seeker will have difficulty beating him. Overall, the Ashwinders are pretty skilled, and while I'd not expect a title, they could possibly enter the top 3, but I'd say 4th or 5th is more likely... For now.

Dementors: I've always pitied the Dementors, they've had talent but the whole team doesn't seem to connect. In keeper position, young Jacqueline Park will take over after Damien Marquet will be sold. It is questionable how she will do, and really, she'll eventually develop into a good player, but she isn't game ready yet. At chaser, Roberta Francis dominates as chaser and is really a powerful player on the pitch, but her backup is also questionable. Can young Morgan Khan and past his prime Archibald Robertson really keep up with the talented Englishwoman? Above all, the Dementors beaters' are the best position in their squad. Melvina Forbes really is a beast with the bat and will make any opposition player cringe when they hear the smack of her bat. She has a good partner, Cyril Ingram. Cyril is underrated, and really is doing a good job of keeping up with the big guns. The Dementors also have a good seeker, and while Brent MacDonald is past his peak and even close to retirement, he still gets the job done pretty well. I can't see the Dementors top 3 or even 5, but if they can finally get their team to work, I could be proved wrong.

Phoenixes: The Phoenixes are without a doubt, one of the best teams in the world right now. They are currently champions and could be once again. In keeper position is Welsh Welch (try saying that five times fast). Leslie Welch is a wall in front of the hoops, a keeper to be desired. She keeps her team in it when things are grim (and they rarely are) and is really just a true gem. At chaser positions are three fantastic chasers, so even talent wise that there is no leader out of the three. Daphne Reynolds, Adriano Nocentini, and Aymeric Aubry are three of the best you can find out in the world of Quidditch, and they play like that. Aubry is unfortunately reaching the dreaded end of his glorious career, but he doesn't seem to care and he plays until you think he should be dropping dead. He plays just as quickly and as agile as his slightly younger teammates, not letting himself slow behind. The three are incredible together and they are a good part of why the Phoenixes lifted that trophy. At beater is Delmar Tait and his faithful partner Walter McLaughlin. The two are a great pair and hold their own with ease. Finally is seeker Dino Fanini, the Italian. Dino is currently one of the best seekers in the world, playing for one of the best teams in the world, and as long as his teammates get him enough points to catch the snitch, he will, finishing each game as the crowd holds their breath, and then let's go with a huge cheer, or a chorus of booing if they're away. Either way, he'll finish the game real quick for you. So the Phoenixes look incredible once again, and may be looking for another title this year.

So we've looked at our first four teams, and thus concludes our first of four episodes of Honour Chat! Join us tomorrow for more!

And this:
[+] NSFW
Quiddtich Weekly Preseason Report:
By Reginald Hodges
Honour League

*Note on report*
The top talent has to be a player under contract to the main squad. Prospect is under contract to the youth team.
Grades are based on player overall, compared to the average in that position in the rest of honour. There will be a link to the spreadsheet with those averages soon.
Also, I gave some uniforms low ratings of people on here. The Uniform ratings are honestly just a detail text, I am not an art critic, and I don't hate any of the unis.
The link to the data-table
Lastly, the letter grades are in this order:

O=Outstanding: Top in this position in Honour
E=Exceeds Average: Top 5(ish) in this position
A=Average: Middle of the pack in this position
B=Below Average: Bottom 5(ish) in this position
T=Troll: Worst in this position in Honour

Team Reports:

Oxford Collapse

Seeker Grade: B
Beater Grade: A
Chaser Grade: T
Keeper Grade: E

Projected finish: Low-table
Position to upgrade: Chaser
Top Player: Lorraine Price
Uniform: 10
Top Talent: Gabrielle Cross
Top Prospect: Dorian Brown

Barry Bartenders

Seeker Grade: T
Beater Grade: T
Chaser Grade: B
Keeper Grade: A

Projected finish: Relegation
Position to upgrade: Seeker
Top Player: Kirsten Kenny
Uniform: 7
Top Talent: Lionel Pugh
Top Prospect: Tara Norton

Isle of Man Hood

Seeker Grade: E
Beater Grade: O
Chaser Grade: E

Projected finish: Top-Table
Position to upgrade: K
Top Player: Uriah Pugh
Uniform: 8
Top Talent: Lowell Maher
Top Prospect: Alfie Floyd

Grimsby Grindylows

Beater Grade: B
Chaser Grade: A

Projected finish: Mid-Table
Position to upgrade: Beater
Top Player: Hanley Foley
Uniform: 5
Top Talent: Bella Dunne
Top Prospect: Dean Boore

Harrogate Villains

Beater Grade: E
Keeper Grade: B

Projected finish: Top 5
Position to upgrade: Keeper
Top Player: Gloria Findlay
Uniform: 3
Top Talent: Archibald Gillesne
Top Prospect: Sibely Healy

Dundee Mifflins

Seeker Grade: A
Keeper Grade: O

Projected finish: Top 5
Top Player: Roswell Speake
Uniform: 2
Top Talent: Leo Beattie
Top Prospect: Abner O'Neil

Dudley Dursleys

Projected finish: Top-Mid-Table
Top Player: Gianfrancesco Caffi
Top Talent: Jarvis Poole
Top Prospect: Uriah Mohammed

Bristol Bangtails

Top Player: Seymour Matthews
Uniform: 10
Top Talent: Culver Curran
Top Prospect: Nils Schroeder

Bangor Beavers

Top Player: Judy Roberts
Uniform: 3
Top Talent: Galvin Rice
Top Prospect: Blaine Spence

Basingstoke Biscione

Projected finish: Top-Mid-Table
Top Player: Scarlett Miller
Uniform: 5
Top Talent: Scarlett Miller
Top Prospect: Ulrica Dunn

Birkenhead Vultures

Seeker Grade: O
Chaser Grade: T

Top Player: Curtis Thompson
Uniform: 6
Top Talent: Spencer McManus
Top Prospect:Seymour Gallacher

Plymouth Catchers

Seeker Grade: T

Projected finish: Low-Table
Top Player: Nadine Bailey
Uniform: 9
Top Talent: Nadine Bailey
Top Prospect: Andrea Chapman

Portsmouth Phoenixes

Projected finish: 1st
Top Player: Adriano Nocentini
Uniform: 6
Top Talent: Lloyd McManus
Top Prospect: Rory Butt

Dundee Dementors

Top Player: Melvina Forbes
Top Talent: Morgan Khan
Top Prospect: Benjamin Reece

London Ashwinders

There isn't a team from Waterloo, Mamma Mia!!! SOS (save our sport)
Top Player: Tara Norton
Uniform: 9
Top Talent: Tara Norton
Top Prospect: James Lazarus

Cardiff Corgis

Keeper Grade: T

Top Player: Corwin Mathias
Top Talent: Corwin Mathias
Top Prospect: Regina Moore

Honour Champion S41:

PORTSMOUTH PHOENIXES

Also, if you have not noticed, there are two Tara Nortons in Honour this year.

will be on a RP thread, with weekly posts (hopefully). We'll be working on stuff together, and other cool things as well, for your reading pleasure. Hopefully we'll make a pretty good RP.

I will be posting the very first article TOMORROW @ 11:00 (ish) PST.

Until then, Reginald Hodges, signing off.
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Re: Quidditch Weekly

Postby Deatheater » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:22 am

Yes, this means I won't finish my three other episodes (who cares, Xter did a phenomenal job doing what I was going to with grades), but if you specifically request your team be done, I will do extra articles here.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 pm

I personally prefer your ones death. They are more interesting to read because it's more talking about teams than just ratings. Though they are both good in their different ways but they are different enough not to sack one off for the other Death.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:17 pm

Matthueycamo wrote:I personally prefer your ones death. They are more interesting to read because it's more talking about teams than just ratings. Though they are both good in their different ways but they are different enough not to sack one off for the other Death.

Completely agree, the style difference makes them both work in my opinion, I loved the one Deatheater did, very entertaining, and Xter's was very informative.
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Isle of Man Hood's Webb
How Isle of Man Hood are a threat
By Reginald Hodges

With the smoke settling after the first day of transfers for Season 41, Isle of Man Hood have emerged with April Webb, top level chaser from deleted London Inquisitors. Webb is surely a honour level chaser, she played extraordinarily for her former club, but with the Man Hood there is a dilemma at hand. They have invested heavily in Webb, 100,000 galleons to be exact, and with three solid chasers already, Isle has a potent lineup selection. With Xter in his preseason report giving Man Hood an E in the chaser department, one has to wonder why Man Hood went for Webb. Certainly having four top level chasers changes match strategy, but is it necessary? With a keeper grade of A, shouldn't Man Hood have gone for a Keeper? Nadine Sergant was on the tradelist, no one bid. The French keeper would have been perfect for Man Hood, but they did not purchase her. This can only leave us guessing.

Or can it?

With four chasers, and the potential growth from Webb and Kerr, Man Hood could have the O ranked chaser line, to compliment an O beater line. This would be an incredibly formidable team. Add in that you cannot be sure which chasers will play in a given match with Man Hood, and you have a tactical advantage. Want a quicker, more agile chaser? Play Kerr. Stronger with more stamina to absorb bludger hits? Play Webb. Man Hood's luring teams into a web which is not easily escaped. Now Man Hood can really play any type of quidditch they want. Attacking to score, defensive to win a close match against the Mifflins or Phoenixes, or balanced to be a threat everywhere on the pitch.

With the purchase of Webb, Man Hood is really shooting for a title. Yes, they have an average keeper, but with outstanding beaters, Isle really doesn't need a great keeper. They only need a keeper that can save what the beaters don't stop. While this could be risky playing against clinical finishers such as Gloria Findlay or Pepe Posada, most teams won't have such high conversion rates across the board for their own chaser lines. Except Portsmouth. Portsmouth has a team average higher than 50% for goal %. To win Honour this year, Man Hood needs to beat Portsmouth. The Isle Of Man Hood have found themselves some insurance with April Webb, but we still must question whether this would be better spent on a keeper. Will this cost the Isle Of Man Hood a potential title? Will they find a keeper or is Lee Keenan good enough to give them honour league gold, and will April turn out to be worth all 100,000 galleons? Only time will tell...
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:39 pm

Sokolov wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:I personally prefer your ones death. They are more interesting to read because it's more talking about teams than just ratings. Though they are both good in their different ways but they are different enough not to sack one off for the other Death.

Completely agree, the style difference makes them both work in my opinion, I loved the one Deatheater did, very entertaining, and Xter's was very informative.

I'm sorry, but I won't be doing another. Again, if you specifically request to have a certain team done (yours or someone else's) I will, but otherwise I'm done. I'm sorry if I'm a bummer, but I just didn't enjoy writing them up and I feel Xter's pretty well summed up Honour. I liked his better than I liked mine.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:44 pm

Pretty nice idea people and good first article Xter, i hope to see more.
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 am

Deatheater wrote:Again, if you specifically request to have a certain team done (yours or someone else's) I will, but otherwise I'm done.

Alright, well since you've forced the issue :lol: I would love to see the Honor forum regulars:
Bangtails
Biscione
Catchers
Mifflins/Dursleys

But if that's too many, just Bangtails and Biscione.
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
MikeDWalsh
Rookie
Team Name: Birkenhead Vultures

Postby MikeDWalsh » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:18 am

Shame you won't be doing any more deatheater, I was looking forward to reading the one about the Vultures but if you don't enjoy it then it's fair enough.
I love this idea you two have had, and xter's opinion that I'm getting relegated this season has finally kicked me into action so I guess I have to thank you for that :P
carpinter
Backup
Team Name: Harrogate Villains

Postby carpinter » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:29 am

Deatheater wrote:
Sokolov wrote:

I'm sorry, but I won't be doing another. Again, if you specifically request to have a certain team done (yours or someone else's) I will, but otherwise I'm done. I'm sorry if I'm a bummer, but I just didn't enjoy writing them up and I feel Xter's pretty well summed up Honour. I liked his better than I liked mine.

Oh I would like to read them all, but if you can do about the Villains I would really appreciate it. :D

Also looking forward to read more of these articles. Really nice idea Xter and Deatheater, thanks!

I remember when Cygnus use to write about the matchdays. I think I was at Gold and thought to myself "I must get to Honour to read about my team". :mrgreen:

Return to “Roleplay”