Quidditch Weekly

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Re: Quidditch Weekly

Postby Xter » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:08 pm

Cygnus wrote:My fav sports show! Just a comment, CWC is the abbreviation for the Club World Cup and this is the Nations Cup. The link next to League is wrong right now. I'll try to make it show up dynamically soon.

Awesome read and glad my ex player Safira is a commentator now!

Fixed it!

I'm glad my ex player Safira is a commentator too! :D :lol:
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
DarioDiConca
All-Star
Team Name: Plymouth Catchers & Isle of Manhood

Postby DarioDiConca » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Kent Davidson!!!
:WC2nd: Season 28, 32, 48
:Honour1st: Season 27, 48
:WC3rd: Season 36
:Honour2nd: Season 26, 45,46
:Honour3rd: Season 25,34,35,37,47,49
:Bronze1st: Season 20
:Steel1st: Season 17

Founded Season 14
Founder of the "dealer system" club
Founder of the "lose 2 CWC finals in a row" club
Founder of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:26 am

I've been occasionally checking in with my pointless team, Aberdeen Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz to see what's happening with the game. I'm happy to see three new nations, but sad to see none of them are Norway. Just wanted to say I'm happy to see the game still going well and good job to Cygnus for his incredible work. I may just follow this Cup, and who knows? Maybe get back into the game. As long as Norway remain nonexistent, go USA! (And Poland and Italy)
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 pm

[+] NSFW
*4th wall break*

Hey so who called the Scotland-Canada being great game?

*end the break*

Recap with Reginald
Catchy intro and jingle, deep announcer voice says: And now: RECAP WITH REGINALD

Reginald(R): Here we are! The second day of matches of the Nations cup and what a day...well not really. All the games secured with ease except the thriller in Scotland vs Canada. Here with me to analyze the action, legends of the game Safira Fernandez and Kent Davidson!

Kent(K): Glad to be apart of your show!

Safira(S): Same here! Let's dive right in!

R: Okay! England-Argentina nowhere close, Germany-Japan nowhere close, same with Wales-Mexico and Italy-India. USA did well against Australia, better than we would have expected. And lastly, Scotland with a win by 20 over Canada. Starting with Germany, who look like potential champions this year. Kent, what are your thoughts?

K: Well Reginald, the way I see it is this has to be Germany's best hope for a while. Franz-Josef Paulus and Sergej Lindner both on the wrong side of 30, and I think that they do have a chance, but they have to get lucky. I bet Scotland will be able to beat them, France could beat them, and even Ireland could beat them as well. But if they can avoid playing those teams than they could have a shot at beating a team like England, like Australia. This is why getting the right placement in the group stage is so important for them.

R: Yes, Germany could go all the way on a run of good form too. Ireland looking in dubious form, same with Scotland. France though, is in really good form, scoring almost 1,000 points in their match against Egypt. Safira, can Germany win it all in your view?

S: Yes. But not a solid guarantee. They are a strong team, but like Kent said, they aren't an elite team. Japan isn't a top team, so of course Germany will win. Egypt isn't a top team, so of course France will win. Portugal isn't a top team either, Ireland with an unlucky duel. Canada is a fairly good team, so for Scotland to win there, shows that Germany could beat Scotland. The only thing that has me not picking Canada to go all the way is a lack of a strong beater. Both beaters are not world class. They aren't good enough, but for Canada to lose to Scotland by 20, that is a big accomplishment for them in my mind.

R: More on Canada-Scotland later. What about India? First nations cup, what do you see them doing now and in the future?

S: I see them doing nothing now. Nothing in the future. India doesn't seem like a quidditch nation. Sorry, but I don't like them.

K: I disagree. I think India might steal a game even, but I doubt they are R16 class. Vinaya Narayan is the redeeming light. She could star for India in the future.

R: Well, we'll have to wait and see who is right, moving on to avoid fisticuffs, it's time for the highlight montage of all games except Scotland and Canada, that game was a doozy! That's up next after this!

MONTAGE

R: Okay! Back again! Scotland-Canada. WOW! First off, some quick stats. Scotland has the arguably best beater pair in all of international quidditch with Miller and Beedles, and they did great, 59 and 56 percent respectably. Both launched 100+bludgers, really controlled the game. The Canadian beaters were invisible. So invisible I forgot their names. 46% and 16%. Scotland should dominate on the defensive side yes? Canada is clinical, 59, 59 and 52% chaser line. Canada's chasers dominate interceptions, but Scotland has a better passing percentage with more passes. This game is turning into an enigma. So, how does the Canadian chaser line do so well when being pelted by the top beaters in the world? I don't know. Jean-Joël Jamet was insane, but that is normal. So my question is: how good will Canada be against a lesser beater pair?

K: Canada should beast and feast. Scotland is my pick for the cup. Scotland is the best team on the planet. Canada almost beats the best team on the planet? No way anyone sees that happening. But it almost did. Canada's chasers play a really fast, really unique style of quidditch. Reminds me of Dutch tactics. You see this play in very few league teams, in fact the only team I know of who plays their chasers like this is Millport United, but their chasers aren't as adept. Canada is a competitor in my eyes now, and this is a wake-up call to the rest of the world Canada is ready to shine.

S: I think Bellec shouldn't be the seeker for Canada. Yes, he is an honor level seeker, so is Dickson, but Bellec doesn't win when it is close. He's a closer of blowouts, not of tight games. I think that is why he needs to be replaced. He gets nervous. Dickson was calm and collected on his broom, and you can really see that in how he was confident in his positioning all game, and especially the duels. Bellec was jittery and jittered around. This is not what I would want in my seeker. He needs to take a step back and make sure he is calm, collected, and confident. I think he can recover, his play is terrific when he is confident.

R: Well that raps it up for this show! Enjoy the highlights and see you tomorrow!

Montage of highlights
Xter

Contact
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:57 am

From the Desk of Sergei Sokolov, Manager, Bristol Bangtails
To the Quidditch Weekly Organization
20th of June

To whom it may concern:

It has been brought to our attention that the publication covering the Nations Cup dated 19th of June, contained in it some rather careless remarks directed at an esteemed player of our organization, as well as the Irish National Quidditch Association, Frederica Johns.

The commentators slanderously called into question the decision to start Ms. Johns as Seeker for Ireland. Additionally, the current Team Ireland seeker Mr. Preece was described as an "honor seeker," implying that Johns is not of the same caliber.

We have contacted the head manager of Team Ireland to offer our condolences at such a low standard of journalism at his expense. Ms. Johns has worked closely with Team Ireland for nearly a decade now, with 11 matches for her country under her belt. If the writers at Quidditch Weekly had had the presence of mind to review the last Nation's Cup, they would have found Ms. Johns as the starting seeker for the entire tournament, with a Nations' Cup Gold Medal awarded to her as a part of champion Ireland.

Last season in Honour League, Ms. Johns was among the top 5 best seekers by duel percentage.

In the last few weeks, the Bangtails organization has been transitioning Ms. Johns into the role of keeper, while simultaneously moving Atwater Dickson, starting seeker for Team Scotland, into his current seeker position, from keeper. If the so-called journalists at QW had thought to look past the official roster record of Ms. Johns as 'keeper', perhaps this uncomfortable issue could have been avoided.

If the Irish roster is not set in stone for the remainder of the tournament, we would not be surprised for Ms. Johns to be called back to the team in her new position of keeper.

The Bangtails organization officially requests a correction to be published clarifying the errors. A request for apology is not included with this missive, but would be accepted if offered.
We also suggest that comments regarding the quality of National Team managers be thoroughly evaluated, before further mistakes are made.

Worriedly,
A.A.

Bangtails Organization Head Secretary, Personal Assistant to Mr. Sergei Sokolov

[+] NSFW
OOC: I'm just having a bit of RP fun, don't actually blame you at all Xter, and seriously appreciate the awesome reporting!
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:14 am

[+] NSFW
From the Desk of Sergei Sokolov, Manager, Bristol Bangtails
To the Quidditch Weekly Organization
20th of June

To whom it may concern:

It has been brought to our attention that the publication covering the Nations Cup dated 19th of June, contained in it some rather careless remarks directed at an esteemed player of our organization, as well as the Irish National Quidditch Association, Frederica Johns.

The commentators slanderously called into question the decision to start Ms. Johns as Seeker for Ireland. Additionally, the current Team Ireland seeker Mr. Preece was described as an "honor seeker," implying that Johns is not of the same caliber.

We have contacted the head manager of Team Ireland to offer our condolences at such a low standard of journalism at his expense. Ms. Johns has worked closely with Team Ireland for nearly a decade now, with 11 matches for her country under her belt. If the writers at Quidditch Weekly had had the presence of mind to review the last Nation's Cup, they would have found Ms. Johns as the starting seeker for the entire tournament, with a Nations' Cup Gold Medal awarded to her as a part of champion Ireland.

Last season in Honour League, Ms. Johns was among the top 5 best seekers by duel percentage.

In the last few weeks, the Bangtails organization has been transitioning Ms. Johns into the role of keeper, while simultaneously moving Atwater Dickson, starting seeker for Team Scotland, into his current seeker position, from keeper. If the so-called journalists at QW had thought to look past the official roster record of Ms. Johns as 'keeper', perhaps this uncomfortable issue could have been avoided.

If the Irish roster is not set in stone for the remainder of the tournament, we would not be surprised for Ms. Johns to be called back to the team in her new position of keeper.

The Bangtails organization officially requests a correction to be published clarifying the errors. A request for apology is not included with this missive, but would be accepted if offered.
We also suggest that comments regarding the quality of National Team managers be thoroughly evaluated, before further mistakes are made.

Worriedly,
A.A.

Bangtails Organization Head Secretary, Personal Assistant to Mr. Sergei Sokolov

From the Desk of Xter, Editor, Quidditch Weekly
To the Bristol Bangtails Organization
20th of June

To Sergie Sokolov:

Your recent complaint on the 20th of June has been duly noted. Therefore, I have taken time out of my busy schedule to properly address the concerns expressed above.

The views expressed by Reginald Hodges, Safira Fernandez, and Kent Davidson are all their own views, and are not and should not be affiliated with Quidditch Weekly. I can offer potential reasons for why such comments were made. The first reason is that, in checking the national team roster it was noted that Mr. Preece is the teams current seeker. That, combined with a lack of squad history for national teams on our database, will lead analysts to assume that Mr. Preece is Ireland's top seeker.

Ms. Johns is listed as a keeper for the Bristol Bangtails organization. Our commentators must have assumed that Ms. Johns was not a seeker, and since there is no recording of stats from prior seasons in public league databases, it can be assumed that our commentators were not aware of Ms. Johns seeking exploits. That, or they were aware, and in their opinion thought that Preece would be the better seeker for the moment.

Our analysts are entitled to the right of freedom of speech. Their job is to analyze. When they analyzed this game, they thought that Mr. Preece would have won the duel. There was no slander or malcontent in their words, only their belief that in this one duel in this one game in these wholly unique circumstances that Mr. Preece would have been a better choice over Ms. Johns.

After talking to our analysts, their reasoning is as follows:

"A player who is transitioning positions should not be played in a competitive match. This player has not been training their old position skills, and is not a true expert at their new position. This means other players who are more proficient, or who have better skills, will triumph over the transitioning player"

I hope this explanation is satisfactory. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

Respectfully,

Xter

Editor, Quidditch Weekly
Xter

Contact
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:47 pm

From the Desk of Xter
Editor
Quidditch Weekly

Quidditch Weekly is a storied paper. Why should it not be? It has had the most thorough covering of many events, wizard TV, and even a scandal or two. Looking back on all of Quidditch Weekly's history, I realized something new, something I had not realized before, something which Quidditch Weekly has never done before, something no one has ever done before. Ever.
The top managers of this game contribute much to those who are still finding their ways. Through this generosity, burgeoning new managers can become better, and make their way to the top. The only problem is, only a motivated few fully use all the resources at their disposal. I realized this was the perfect opportunity for Quidditch Weekly to help.
The next great chapter in Quidditch Weekly's storied history is to compile a guide like no other, a map of extreme size, but of extreme quality too. In this task, I must not be alone. Quidditch Weekly is sorely understaffed. Therefore, I call upon you, managers of the English Quidditch League to join the staff of Quidditch Weekly and work upon this guide to the Quidditchverse.
If you are interested in assisting me in this undertaking, message me privately. I hope to have you on board.

For your application, I would like you to include the following:

Your name.
Any and all teams managed, for how long, and to what success.
Forum contributions, how have you contributed to Quidditch Manager on the forum?
Things you do or know how to do that are unique and special, and worthwhile for other managers to know.
Whether or not you would be interested working for QW "full-time"
Xter

Contact
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:21 am

Headlines of Today!

Millport Quidditch Association has commissioned a rebranding of team logos. The logos are as follows:

Millport United:

[+] NSFW

Millport Misfits:

[+] NSFW

The logos are still in development and have been released for feedback and design input from fans of the clubs.

Another notable logo switch, the Halifax Canadians:

[+] NSFW

In the top flight, we have a 4-way tie for third with 4 teams at 25-13. The fight for third is tight, and between the Villains and Catchers, it is anyone's game.

Looking at Gold, the race is tight. 1st to 9th could switch up any moment. Lagavulin and Phoenixes look like they are the top teams to make it back up to honor, Lagavulin just coming down after a one year stint in honor.

Silver league the top two look pretty safe, but my oh my there is a battle for third.

Our last news bulletin is Quidditch Weekly has hired a new editor, who will be announced in the upcoming days propery with an artilce of their own.

That is all for your top three leagues and news for today! Tune in next time for the latest in Quidditch Managing.
Xter

Contact
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:00 am

I already told you this on PM but i want to make it public :lol: . I really liked your election of colors, the logo of the canadiens looks specially cool, United's too but i think that you let down a Little the logo of the Misfits. The only think that i would reconsider is using a different Font.
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:33 am

Holy hell the Canadiens logo is cool! Excellent work man!
The others look awesome, but can you help me understand your thought process for the Misfits' logo? What's the symbology?
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:

Return to “Roleplay”