Quidditch Weekly

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Re: Quidditch Weekly

Postby Xter » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:42 am

cygnus-flamel wrote:I already told you this on PM but i want to make it public :lol: . I really liked your election of colors, the logo of the canadiens looks specially cool, United's too but i think that you let down a Little the logo of the Misfits. The only think that i would reconsider is using a different Font.

The Misfits logo was the hardest for sure. More below.

Sokolov wrote:Holy hell the Canadiens logo is cool! Excellent work man!
The others look awesome, but can you help me understand your thought process for the Misfits' logo? What's the symbology?

I honestly had no thought process at all in terms of the Misfits. It's kinda hard to think of a logo for a team called the Misfits. I chose green because green is the only team color besides purple. Utd are blue, Canadiens are red, Hamsters are Orange, Lagavulin are yellow (ish beige, in my opinion). Although purple may work better... And then I chose the broom because of Quidditch. That was it. I'm scouring for a better image, but nothing comes to mind.
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:45 am

CWC Returns!

By: Reginald Hodges

Welcome, all to the Club World Cup! This year looks to be a great year for the competition. Not only have the infamous Villains looked off form, but the top-tier teams are tightly matched, and so are the low-level teams. Today we have the 21 qualifying matches for the real deal. We analyze all 42 teams and 21 matches and we tell you our expert picks on who will advance, and whose tournament will end before it can start. Let's move on to our unencumbered galleries of Club World Cup predictions, and start with our first set of teams, the Edinburgh Ocelots, and the Aberdeen Highflyers.

Edinburgh Ocelots VS Aberdeen Highflyers

Two evenly matched teams look to duke it out to move on to the next round. These teams are so close, it is hard to pick a winner. Look for Sharon Henderson to catch the snitch to give the Highflyers the win in today's match.

South Shields Hobgoblins VS London Invictus

The Hobgoblins look slightly better on paper, but anything can happen in the Cup! The Invictus look to challenge them by using the most of Grayson McAllister's skills, while the Hobgoblins will look to Kelsey Cleaves and Martin Horton to give them a lead quickly, and to take control early.

Image Edinburgh Reekies VS Birmingham Thunderowl

The Reekies take on the Thunderowl with two things, their logo, a rarity among bottom level clubs, and Jed Lewis to save everything that comes his way. Lewis looks like Jean-Joël Jamet when he is on form, which the Thunderowls will hope is not the case. However, barring a complete collapse, the Reekies should prevail in this match.

Halifax Scorpios VS Liverpool Liverbirds

The Liverbirds have a slight advantage over the Scorpios, look for them to fly high and out of the sun, their normal tactic. The Scorpios can't fly as high as them, so look for the Liverbirds to win, but if the Scorpios can keep the 'Birds grounded, this could be a tightly contested match!

Blackburn Bats VS London Raffas

The Bats look to beat the Raffas by a large margin. They believe themselves so superior, the team got tattoos saying, 'Raffa Eliminators: Season 48'. Whether this is just a mental tactic to unnerve the Raffas has yet to be determined, but the tattoos won't come off, which could become a problem if they lose their match.

Belfast Caorthannach VS Chesterfield Pwners

The Pwners league play is disappointing to their fans so far this season, but hopefully they can turn things around in Cup play. That being said, the Caorthannach look to use their superb league form to own the Pwners and pawn their players off at a deep, deep discount. This match should be a short messy affair, and the game should be a close one, one that the Caorthannach should win but by the slightest of margins.

Image Blackpool TheWicked VS Northampton Kangaroos

TheWicked were kicked out of grammar school, so they took to playing quidditch. The Kangaroos look to kick their wallabys and hop right over them in this interesting cup match. As long as the Kangaroos stay within snitch range, star seeker Amos Connelly could give them a good chance to win, but TheWicked's beaters' top notch quality should be a difficult obstacle to overcome for the Kangaroos.

Aberdeen Gryffindor04 VS Cambridge Cyclops

The Gryffindor house class of '04 (on an unrelated note, the class motto was, 'We party more in Gryffindor 2004!') was drunk so they thought that creating a Quidditch Team would be the perfect thing to do. Now they are in the CWC, and no one really knows how. The Cyclops have fairly good alertness for a team with only 7 eyes and not the usual 14 or 13. The referee should keep an eye on them to make sure they don't pull out their wands and grow themselves some more eyes, because that clearly violates Section IX Chapter 1 Paragraph ZXY of the rulebook. However, the Gryffindor04, in their drunkenness forgot that no one on their team could play seeker well, so they're gonna lose.

Enniskillen Pantom VS Wrexham Tyrannosaurusrex

The Tyrannosaurusrex wrecked the competition so far, but their run of good form could go extinct in this match against a Pantom team that plays a ghastly form of quidditch. Let's just hope they won't be left with their pants down. The match should be close, but in the end, the club that paid the ref off more should come out victorious.

Image Sunderland Spriggans VS Jersey Jewelry

The Spriggans are a budding team but their hopes could be chopped down by the Jewelry. The Jewelry have bought some fancy bling, in the form of new kits by top Quidditch Apparel maker, Whoosh Quidditch Sporting Apparel. These new kits have been heralded as made from 0% recyclable material, which environmentalists say lead to deforestation. The Spriggans surely will hope that is not the case, but regardless of the intangibles, the Spriggans are not the better team, although they have a better logo. Look for them to try and win, they have a chance because they aren't on the Jersey side, but that chance is slim.

Dewsbury Hornets VS York Ast

The York Ast will call upon Seeker Kimball Pumphrey to locate and catch the snitch in record time to avoid a blowout defeat at the hands of the Hornets. Such a victory would sting the ego of the Hornets for some time, as they are the classier team for sure.

Brentwood Mavericks VS Sale Swords

ooc: Sale Swords? Dope
Sokolov: It's been done ;)

The Mavericks hope not to impale their chances and avoid imploding against the Swords of Sale. Then again, the Swords' stabbing style quidditch looks to be the most tactically intriguing style for some time, so this match could be a close one regardless.

Aberdeen Golds VS Aberdeen Quidditch

Two Aberdeen rivals. Two Division Seven League One Rivals. This is rivalry night gold! The Quidditch take on the Golds, and what a match it will be! The Quidditch are a mid-table team, and the Golds are in the relegation zone. This match should be an easy win for the Quidditch and a blowout would not surprise me.

Gravesend Ghouls VS Great Yarmouth Gargoyles

Jinkies! We have a frightening match here! The Ghouls are the projected loser, but I think that this is the &Cupset (note on the & symbol, it is the wizarding equivalent of a #) of the round. Only one way to find out, watch the match. But be careful you make it out alive!

Aberdeen GoldenGnomes VS London Socks

The GoldenGnomes. The London Socks. Who cares?

Glasgow Goblins VS Farnborough Larks

According to an ancient prophecy dated 4 hours ago, the Larks will beat the Goblins in today's quidditch match. This prophecy was first reported by Farnborough.Larks/BQL/Quidditch.com. The Goblins haven't traditionally set stock in divination, and according to their most devoted fans, they won't start now.

Galway Albatross VS High Wycombe Ducks Image

Whatever happened to Low Wycombe you ask? When a Wingardium Leviosa spell went wrong, Low Wycombe was elevated 8,700 meters in the air. Thus their quidditch players have an advantage at the home field, and by playing some high altitude quidditch. Will their style prevail? You bet it will. Their style fits their bill perfectly, and the Albatross will vanish again this year.

Navan Dragonheartstring VS Solihull Shields

Dragonheartstring has no Seeker. With a manager desperately pulling strings and breaking hearts to get a dragon of a signing done before the match, chances are slim to none that the Dragonheartstring will win this match.

Farnborough Fawkes VS Barry BeeBensons

After a team training camp in Phoenix, the Fawkes look ready to rumble. In their way would be a team that was founded as marketing material for a sub-par movie. The teams are so similar, I've got nothing. Nothing. I've run out of stuff and I still have two matches to report on. I should retire while I am ahead.

London Weeditchs VS Liverpool Lays

The Weeditchs are coming into this match smoking cold, having only won one game so far this year. They should take an early lead though, but expect Lays to chip away and win in a come from behind match.
Sokolov: that double entendre! Let's hope the Liverpool Lays, known as a good lay by the ladies, do indeed 'come from behind'.

Margate Militia VS Manchester City Image

Manchester City is a soccer team. Not a quidditch team. Get out. But, at least they have a *stolen* logo. That's more than most of the rest of these clubs can say they got! I predict a final score of 880:870. Who wins you ask? I don't know, I don't care. The final will be 880:870.

That's all the matches. We have all the coverage. Tune in next time if you want a hilariously pathetic and long winded team report, or if you need a nap and need something to help you go to sleep.

Signing off, Reginald Hodges.
Xter

Contact
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Holy SHIT. This is post of the year material, jesus christ my sides. I'm still laughing about these jokes, my god.
Who was the main author? I'll buy you a QM shirt of your choice.
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:06 am

Aww yeee, noticed by the boss-man:

Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:50 am

Wait, the CWC is up again?

Why is there no thread on it?

More importantly...

WHY AM I PLAYING AGAINST A GOLD TEAM IN THE FIRST ROUND?!?
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
SpriggansQuidditch
Youngster
Team Name: Sunderland Spriggans

Postby SpriggansQuidditch » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:38 am

DAMN thanks for the shout out!
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:24 pm

SpriggansQuidditch wrote:DAMN thanks for the shout out!

I'm a Spriggans fan what can I say?

Zankman wrote:Wait, the CWC is up again?

Why is there no thread on it?

More importantly...

WHY AM I PLAYING AGAINST A GOLD TEAM IN THE FIRST ROUND?!?

The CWC thread: that's what I thought! This can be the CWC thread if you guys want! Although a new one would work better.

*edit*

Sok: I wrote it. Also, YEE! The boss man hisself!
Xter

Contact
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:51 am

Just now reading through the post again, I realized that Sokolov threw in his own two cents... :lol:
Xter

Contact
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:37 am

Quidditch Weekly Announce Special CWC Season 48 Final and 3rd Place Matches Editions

It is my great pleasure as Chief Editor at Quidditch Weekly to announce that one matchday prior to the match itself Quidditch Weekly will release a special edition covering the 3rd place match of the Club World Cup IX.

It is also my great pleasure as Chief Editor at Quidditch Weekly to announce that one matchday prior to the match itself Quidditch Weekly will release a special edition covering the final match of the Club World Cup IX.

*Drop Mic*

ooc:I figure that since I started the coverage of the CWC, I'll finish it.

Feel free to submit your letters to the editor (or RP posts you don't mind having me edit & post here) editor@quidditchweekly.com (PM me). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE submit these! I would love to have an opinion section type thing!
Xter

Contact
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer

Postby Xter » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:07 am

CWC Cover Release

The cover for the CWC special Edition will be released in one hour at 00:00 Greenwich Mean Time.

ooc: Here's a small preview. SPOILERS!!!

[+] NSFW
Xter

Contact

Return to “Roleplay”