Norsemen Nyheter

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Norsemen Nyheter

Postby Deatheater » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:23 pm

Shane Griffin has begun a new era in his Quidditch ownership career. After his Manchester Gryphons came across some legal troubles and disbanded, he decided to kick back for a while. Now a few years later, he received a message from his friend and former Gryphon coach and manager Sverre Brekke not too long ago. The Norwegian had been searching for another coaching/managing job, with little success. He suggested the idea of another team to Shane and told him that York was looking for someone to bring them a world class team. Shane was immediately interested.

Shane reported that he met up with Sverre and some magical representatives of the EQL and the York Quidditch Association on several occasions to organize the implementation of this new team. Griffin and Brekke also wanted a little bit of a boost to get back on top, so it seemed Griffin had to break his policy of no loans. Once he had negotiated some loans to jumpstart the team, almost everything was set to go. But there were still some problems.

The team still didn't have a name, logo, jersey, sponsor, or any players to play before the loaners were sent. Brekke again had a suggestion for Griffin, but wanted to do more research before they decided. York had a quite a history with Scandinavian bandits called Vikings. While these Vikings caused panic and chaos around Yorkshire, they had their own magic and culture to spread, and oh, what fascinating culture they had. So it was decided that based on their influence on Yorkshire, the Vikings would be great for York based team. However, based on the opinion of Brekke, the name was decided to be Norsemen instead. To quote him "Viking would be referencing the bloodthirsty pirates that wreaked havoc on Yorkshire and the surrounding areas. I instead prefer Norsemen, referencing the cultural side of these northerners that so influenced Yorkshire. Being a Norseman myself, I would much prefer the name 'Norseman' or 'northerner' than 'Viking'." So most of that was settled. The name, logo, and jersey were done, and Peter's potions said they were interested in sponsoring. So that was done. But what about the players?

It seems Shane and Sverre had forgotten they will need players before the loaners arrive. But nobody wanted to be on a team for only a few games! After quite a bit of searching, Shane and Sverre thought the dream was dead after nobody was interested. Fortunately for them, a few players from a local wizarding college thought playing a little would get bigger teams' attention and earn a little money. Griffin and Brekke were saved. The staff members from the Gryphons were reemployed, the name, logo, jersey and the like were agreed upon and now the player dilemma was solved. Everything was set.

And so the York Norsemen were born. Hopefully they may go on to earn glory and fame for decades to come. At the start of year 47 of the EQL, the Norsemen first enter the world of the Quidditch. May they last forever and longer and see success!
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Re: Norsemen Nyheter

Postby Xter » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:05 am

Deatheater wrote:Shane Griffin has begun a new era in his Quidditch ownership career. After his Manchester Gryphons came across some legal troubles and disbanded, he decided to kick back for a while. Now a few years later, he received a message from his friend and former Gryphon coach and manager Sverre Brekke not too long ago. The Norwegian had been searching for another coaching/managing job, with little success. He suggested the idea of another team to Shane and told him that York was looking for someone to bring them a world class team. Shane was immediately interested.

Shane reported that he met up with Sverre and some magical representatives of the EQL and the York Quidditch Association on several occasions to organize the implementation of this new team. Griffin and Brekke also wanted a little bit of a boost to get back on top, so it seemed Griffin had to break his policy of no loans. Once he had negotiated some loans to jumpstart the team, almost everything was set to go. But there were still some problems.

The team still didn't have a name, logo, jersey, sponsor, or any players to play before the loaners were sent. Brekke again had a suggestion for Griffin, but wanted to do more research before they decided. York had a quite a history with Scandinavian bandits called Vikings. While these Vikings caused panic and chaos around Yorkshire, they had their own magic and culture to spread, and oh, what fascinating culture they had. So it was decided that based on their influence on Yorkshire, the Vikings would be great for York based team. However, based on the opinion of Brekke, the name was decided to be Norsemen instead. To quote him "Viking would be referencing the bloodthirsty pirates that wreaked havoc on Yorkshire and the surrounding areas. I instead prefer Norsemen, referencing the cultural side of these northerners that so influenced Yorkshire. Being a Norseman myself, I would much prefer the name 'Norseman' or 'northerner' than 'Viking'." So most of that was settled. The name, logo, and jersey were done, and Peter's potions said they were interested in sponsoring. So that was done. But what about the players?

It seems Shane and Sverre had forgotten they will need players before the loaners arrive. But nobody wanted to be on a team for only a few games! After quite a bit of searching, Shane and Sverre thought the dream was dead after nobody was interested. Fortunately for them, a few players from a local wizarding college thought playing a little would get bigger teams' attention and earn a little money. Griffin and Brekke were saved. The staff members from the Gryphons were reemployed, the name, logo, jersey and the like were agreed upon and now the player dilemma was solved. Everything was set.

And so the York Norsemen were born. Hopefully they may go on to earn glory and fame for decades to come. At the start of year 47 of the EQL, the Norsemen first enter the world of the Quidditch. May they last forever and longer and see success!

Don't you mean...SEA success?
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:13 am

Xter wrote:
Deatheater wrote:Shane Griffin has begun a new era in his Quidditch ownership career. After his Manchester Gryphons came across some legal troubles and disbanded, he decided to kick back for a while. Now a few years later, he received a message from his friend and former Gryphon coach and manager Sverre Brekke not too long ago. The Norwegian had been searching for another coaching/managing job, with little success. He suggested the idea of another team to Shane and told him that York was looking for someone to bring them a world class team. Shane was immediately interested.

Can't say I'm amused. No offense, but that was literally the worst pun ever. But... ah, good effort, I guess?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:11 am

Deatheater wrote:
Xter wrote:

Can't say I'm amused. No offense, but that was literally the worst pun ever. But... ah, good effort, I guess?

The wurst puns are the best puns! Just like jokes about German Sausage!
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:16 am

Xter wrote:
Deatheater wrote:
Xter wrote:

The wurst puns are the best puns! Just like jokes about German Sausage!

No. Just no. Please.

Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:58 am

GENERAL SECTION
BACK ON TRACK
The Norsemen may still be a new team, but that doesn't mean they aren't back on track to where the Gryphons were. After some intelligent investing, Shane Griffin starting constructing upgrades for their academy, and then built up the stadium to bring more income from the academy. According to Griffin, the 1st stadium tier is done and the second tier will be ready for construction in 8 matchdays. He has also stated that in just a few days, the academy will only be missing 4 upgrades!
With no reason to invest money in players, Griffin says he wants to generate some youth for the Norsemen and get better training equipment for the loaners. He says he wants them to improve and satisfy the managers who kindly loaned him players. The successful franchise the Gryphons almost had may be one day for the Norsemen, and Griffin believes they are getting there and making quick progress. Sverre Brekke has estimated that about 62500 galleons have been spent on the academy so far, and dozens of thousands more on the stadium.
With a good jumpstart like this, the Norsemen look to have a prosperous future ahead. However, several years must pass before the loaners are gone and the Norsemen have to play their own squad, so their rise to the top will take a while. But then again, a successful team that worked long and hard to get their destination is often more respected than a team that cruised to the top on the wings of someone else's plane.
Hopefully the Norsemen can continue their improvement throughout the season and for years to come, so the best of luck to them and the best of luck to the loaners.
Last edited by Deatheater on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:27 pm

Deatheater wrote:Hopefully the Gryphons can continue their improvement throughout the season and for years to come, so the best of luck to them and the best of luck to the loaners.

Freudian slip? :lol:
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:47 pm

Sokolov wrote:
Deatheater wrote:Hopefully the Gryphons can continue their improvement throughout the season and for years to come, so the best of luck to them and the best of luck to the loaners.

Freudian slip? :lol:

Shoot, thanks for pointing that out.

Return to “Roleplay”