Spriggans Insider

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
SpriggansQuidditch
Youngster
Team Name: Sunderland Spriggans

Spriggans Insider

Postby SpriggansQuidditch » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:49 pm

8-02-2016 | Season 47

The formation of a new team in Sunderland was announced today. With initial funds coming from the community of Sunderland, and a nice kickstarted funded by the Witches Gazette there is a new Quidditch Side in Sunderland.

The Sunderland Spriggans have come into existence. With the absence of competitive Quidditch in Sunderland, the community is elated at this new arrival. The team is definitely small time, however the Spriggans Quidditch owner group looks to change that with savvy business sense and an eye for talent.

"We want only the best, and we will settle for only the best."

This was announced in a general release by the Owner Group today as they have officially cut the ribbon to the small park they'll be playing in for their home side matches. The team looks to shave the roster down to the bare minimums. Seven players will take the field in a Spirggans uniform for the duration of season 27. They are also contracted until Season 28. This allows the team some early flexibility, and the base opening to determine how the team will play on the pitch.

"We're going to play smart Quidditch, and focus on growing ourselves as a unit while we're in the Sappling Series."

This was stated by the Spriggan's manager Happy Helmriche, a former German national team Beater who was known for his emphasis on good bludger play. Only time will tell on the future of the Spriggans, but citizens of Sunderland can now rejoice.

Quidditch is back in town.
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Re: Spriggans Insider

Postby Zankman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:26 pm

(:O

Are you a new manager or an existing one?

Also: What team did Happy Helmriche play on?)
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
SpriggansQuidditch
Youngster

Postby SpriggansQuidditch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:30 am

Newish, I just came back after losing my last team from forgetting about the contract expirations lol... And Happy I forget what team he was on... But I remember scouring through old post on the forum... I wanna say he was in the 20's season wise. But I may be wrong.
SpriggansQuidditch
Youngster

Postby SpriggansQuidditch » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:06 am

I'll try to keep this page as updated as possible and hopefully build some Spirggans fans.
SpriggansQuidditch
Youngster

Postby SpriggansQuidditch » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:04 am

PRESS RELEASE COMING SOON.
SpriggansQuidditch
Youngster

Postby SpriggansQuidditch » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:29 pm

Looks like some reinforcements are on their way for the Spriggan side for the weeks to come.

In their first big gold transfer the Spriggans were able to sign 22 year-old French Keeper Sabine Lallemand, and 23 year-old German Chaser Friederike Schönfeld too two season contracts. The two players were prime from the picking on the TL and will provide some experience and skill to the Sunderland side without compromising the youth of the team. Elias Tudor and Fara Gordon saw their spots taken by the two acquisitions and have been sent to the TL to try their luck with another squad.

"We want to get better on all sides of the game. We wish Gordon and Tudor the best of luck, but Spriggan Quidditch is all about winning. We have bettered our chances at taking Oak 6 with our move this past week, and that's what the goal is."

The Spirggans currently sit at the middle of the Oak 6 table. However, this shot in the arm of talent to their side might prove to be beneficial enough to make a serious grab at the Oak 6 crown.

Stay tuned for more Spirggans Insider.
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:02 am

Wow, best logo ever! Haha! I hope we will see the Spriggans in Honour League someday!

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club

Return to “Roleplay”