The Financial Journal

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

The Financial Journal

Postby Ruse » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:40 am

I like to create a new RP journal with a focus at the financial topics around the world of Quidditch.
Last edited by Ruse on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruse
All-Star

Re: The Financial Journal

Postby Ruse » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:07 am

Selection Day S48

A comment by Polly Booth

It is Selection day and all Eyes are at the Tradelist, before we start in a new Season and try to catch the Catchers this year or fight for some Leaguetitles.
Untill now it seems that Many Managers are waiting with their bids, but we can be sure that there will be some action untill the end of the day.

We have 27 over 80 avg players at the list with an addition of 2 players listed by a club. The choice will be difficult, cause we have a good balanced range of veterans and talents for each position, while we also have a high number of potential starprospects at the list.

While nations like Mexiko, Argentina or Poland can go very relaxed into the day, It could be a very hard day for the German National Coach.
With Cordula Roth he could loose his 32 years old Chaserstar some years earlier then expected, while Roth could becomes problems to find a new club with a value of 99k. Roth played 14 times for Germany and won a League Leader Award for the Queensbury Heroes. But Germany could also loose the 29 years old Nationalseeker Eva Maria Bach (7 Nationalgames), which is a tough loss for a smaller quidditch nation like Germany, who probably planned with both players for the next Nationscup.

With a short look at some talents it seems that Hungary and Scotland could could loose the most promising talents. With David Hajdu, Arabella Petö, Elemer Moricz and Zoltan Barta with an addition of the veteran Keeper Gabor Keri its very possible that Hungary could lose an important part of their future squad.
Scotland could loose 3 Talents and 2 decent veterans but they have also a bigger Number of players then Hungary.

Anotherstar that could be a retiring candidate is Ireland Star Gertrude Floyd. With 37 years she would not retire at the end of the season, but will somebody pay 26k for an aged chaser?

Maybe the most courted player of the day could become Hall Parker. The Northern Ireland Star is a nearly perfect skilled player and with 28 years he has many seasons to go.

Who will make the Deal of the day? Who will invest the most?
We will see it tonight.
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Re: The Financial journal

Postby Sokolov » Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:09 pm

Awesome idea! Great post.
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:35 am

Selection Day

Here is Polly Both, live from the financial Journal. At my side is Harley Shaw, well known Manager of the Victoria Valkyries.

Shaw: Hello Polly, thanks for the invitation.

Booth: A busy day is over and we have seen a huge bidding war at the end. What did you think about the last minutes?

Shaw: It was interesting to see again how generous the managers are, if they buy a Free Agent. If they offer for a player from another club its rare that a manager pays 200k, as we see it tonight.

Booth: Isn´t it something you also have done in your past.

Shaw: haha. In my case i never spend that much at the trade list, but to be honest, it was more because i never had that much money to spend. But you are right. I was more aggressive if i bid on free agents.

Booth; Whats the diffrence? Did you like the account of a player agent more then the accounts of your colleagues?

Shaw: That completely depends on who is the agent ;). But the fact is, that an agent, just use the money for private things, while a club use the money for own plans. So it´s better, to let an agent swim in Gold, then to watch a rival with that power to invest.

Booth: Let us take a look at the biggest deals of the day. Was it surprising for you that it was not Hale Parker who was the most expensive trade?

Shaw: Yes. I was. Hall Parker was the best Player at the list, but at the other side it was already a lot of money the Bangtails have to pay for him. How high was it at the end?

Booth: They pay 175k for Hall. Where did the money comes from?

Shaw: Maybe we shout ask the gobblins to check out their Dungeons, but finally it seems we need to familiarize with such high prices in future and the Bangtails was not the only team that pays that much. With a look at the 263k Deal from the Corgis to buy Brenda Flanagan we can sadly say it was a bargain for them.

Booth: The Interest was high around the Flanagan Deal. Did we see the record get broken in the next years?

Shaw: It´s likely that it will happen somedays. It must be the right player at the right time at the list and depends also on the choice of alternate players, a manager can bid on, but with a look at the Dynamos, who just break the sonic barrier to buy a Baeter its very likely.

Booth: Roy Pearce was finally the most expensive player of the selectionday, sold for 200k and one G.

Shaw: It´s a signal example for what happens when a high number of bigteams start a biddingwar at one player. For neutrals it was a thrilling fight, but for the managers it was a costly prestigeduell.

Booth: It was a hard fight beetween the Victorys, the Sharks, the Gunstlingers and the Dynamos. All of those teams was a short time highest bidder for the player, and we don´t know who also has tried to sgn himr. But with a look at the four Honour Leagueteams. Did we have a beater problem in Honourleague?

Shaw: The Victories probably have it. The other teams have some good beaters, while we need to wait some matches, before we know how good the beaters of the sharks are. But ist interesting that four teams are ready to pay over 100k for a beater, who plays a position which many managers rates as the most unimportant position at the field.

Booth: So you doubt that Pearce is the money worth which the Dynamos paid for him?

Shaw: I do. It´s not because he is a weak player. He will of course be a topbeater in Honourleague, but 200k seems to be very much money for a beater. But it also shows that money is there to spend.
What is something that also lower league teams show us tonight. The Maidenhead Snitchers who played in Silverleague bid far over 100k and could have reach a offer of 150k for Cary Powell. They was just stopped by the Isle of Man Hood who get him for 150.001G

Booth: Powell was also a Beater and was the third most expensive trade oft he day and again a Beater

Shaw: Powell is a great talented beater with a good avg for his age, but that somebody offers 10k more for him, then for the two Leauge leader Awards winner Stewart Lawrence is for me a big surprise. At the other side the sharks could be happy to get a 25 year old topclass seeker for 140k. With him they will have much fun in the next decade.

Booth: Let us take a look at the smaller teams. Who surprised you most?

Shaw: I think it was a smart offense from Silver League Team Blackburn Dragons. Finally they invested 90k for Ebenezer Stevens and Gabor Keri. Time will show if they help them to get stronger, but it was a a good performance to invest small money for usefull players which copuld play for many seasons at a good level.
But also the Rochdale Rovers did well. They reinvest the Money hey earned fort he Loan of Jonathan Watts and get Eudora Hamilton to complete an over 90 Avg Chaserline, which is extraordinary for a silver league Team. Also they make a real bargain with the Trade of Free agent kurt blair, a young keepertalent.
Booth: Let us finally talk about your favourite Deal of the day.

Shaw: That´s a hard question. But finally i think the Maidenhead Snitchers make the best deal oft he Day. They have signed Patricia Lee, a big Chasertalent from Australia for just 49.546G, which is pretty good for a free agent who has realy good keystats and is just 23 Years old.

Booth: Thank you Harley for spending your time with us and a nice talk.
Shaw: Your welcome, Polly. It was nice to be here.
Booth: Finally i hope you enjoyed our analyse and feel free to comment with your opinion of the last day.

Ps: Sorry for some spelling mistakes.I have a autocorrecture on that trys to change some english words into german ones, and I´m sure that i don´t catch all.
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:15 am

And again, a wonderful job! Thanks for the analysis my friend!
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:38 am

Fun read.

Seems that quality Beaters are in high demand, yet, low supply.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).

Return to “Roleplay”