Orick wrote:-Dude, we should start a quidditch team – said Mark Lewis, a 25 year old wizard/lawyer, while drinking a beer with his best friend, Bart Shovel in his humble abode. They were just chatting and sharing their insight on the latest Club World Cup
- WE SHOULD TOTALLY START A QUIDDITCH TEAM! – Bart almost jumped, quickly standing up and almost spilling his beer all around Mark’s place – I mean we both know our shit about quidditch, for Merlin’s sake, I am quidditch journalist in the first place, you got the wits and trained quidditch while in Hogwart’s, didn’t you? Weren’t you like Ravenclaw’s captain?
- I did – smiled Mark – I know some people in the industry as well. One of my clients…
- I don’t give a rat about your clients – Bart stopped his friend right in the tracks – Wasn’t your uncle like an Honour League coach or something?
- Yeah, London Inquisitors… right before they bankrupted. – Mark nodded and looked away – But it’s a very fragile topic, we don’t really talk about this in our family. You see, when uncle Luke was sacked…
- Yeah, whatever. This means you have some contacts, doesn’t it?
- I've just told you, that one of my clients… oh but maybe let's start with my uncle… - Mark began to explain, but seeing the look on Bart’s face he just waved his hand and sighed – Okay, I get it. Want me to see them?
- As hell I do! Oh, oh and I’ve got some friends who might play with us! We can register in a local league and all the stuff. Champ, this is the second best idea that we ever had!
- And the first? – Mark asked, although he quickly reminded the event that his friend meant and decided not to dwell on it – Allright, I don’t actually need to know, I remember. So let’s do this: you contact these friends of yours, I will try to reach out to some folks in Quidditch business.
Bart gazed at him stunned. After few moments, he gasped and covered his mouth.
- What happened? – Mark looked at his friend, worried.
- We can’t play. You got this inner ear thing, don’t you?
- Yeah – Mark nodded – But it’s just causal and amateur league, it’s noth…
- YOU CAN’T PLAY I WON’T LET YOU DIE! – Bart grabbed his friend by arms and started shaking young lawyer violently – BUT ALSO WE EITHER DO IT PROPELRY OR WE DON’T DO IT AT ALL.
- Allright – Mark started to massage his arm, when Bart finally let go of him. He was sure that Shovel left some bruises. – I’ll coach and do some management stuff and you…
- Let me take care of the rest. Advertising, finances, contracts, sponsors… - Bart smirked and raised his eyebrows. Mark had a bad feeling about this, but decided to let him go…
And thus began the London Swallows team (yeah, that one was Bart’s idea as well… After this incident with registration, Mark decided to take care of the administrative things as well) history. A fresh start for amateurs, whose dream of greatness has just begun. Who knows, where it will take them?
WHAT was the first best idea Mark and Bart ever had?!
HOW drunk was Bart when registering the team name?!
WILL WE EVER know the true story behind the Inquisitors' bankruptcy?!
And, most importantly... WHAT does London Swallow?!
Find out next time!
Sokolov wrote: WHAT does London Swallow?!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users