London Swallows

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

London Swallows

Postby Orick » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Name: London Swallows
Established: Season 52

COLOURS: Blue and White
MASCOT: None

Season 52: Established, 3rd place in Oak Division 1, promoted to Iron League 1
Season 53: 1st in Iron League 1, promoted to Steel Division 1
Season 54: 7th in Steel Division 1
Season 55: 2nd in Steel Division 1, promoted to Bronze League 2
Season 56: 7th in Bronze League 2, 2nd round in CWC XI
Season 57: 2nd in Bronze League 2, promoted to Silver
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friend teams:
1. Ayr Victory - in the first years of existence, London Swallows bought two crucial players from their team. Managers of both teams met few times on business meetings and actually became quite fond of each other... in proffessional way that is. Fans of both teams followed, which started a good relationships between both groups.

Rivals:
1. London Chelsea - a local rivalry that started during first years of both teams existence and continued during their years in Oak, Steel, Iron and Bronze Leagues.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TOP 3 TRANSFERS IN:

1. Fannie Griffiths (Seeker, Season 54) from Ayr Victory - 15 000 G
2. Gilroy Fraser (Chaser, Season 54) from Redditch Redrum - 12 000 G
3. Dixon Ahmad (Chaser, Season 54) from Ayr Victory - 10 001 G

TOP 3 TRANSFERS OUT:

1. Kilby Breese (Chaser, Season 54) to Belfast Broomfleet for 7502 G
2. Krishnan Chadar (Youth, Season 57) to Middlesbrough Minchiasboro for 5001 G
3. Andrew Barret (Youth, Season 56) to St Helens Volcanos for 3001 G

TROPHY CABINET:
Image Season 53 Iron League 1 Champions

LEGENDARY PLAYERS, RETIRED JERSEY NUMBERS:

1. ...
2. ...
3. ...
4. ...
5. ...
Last edited by Orick on Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 am, edited 31 times in total.
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Orick
All-Star

Re: London Swallows

Postby Orick » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:52 pm

-Dude, we should start a quidditch team – said Mark Lewis, a 25 year old wizard/lawyer, while drinking a beer with his best friend, Bart Shovel in his humble abode. They were just chatting and sharing their insight on the latest Club World Cup
- WE SHOULD TOTALLY START A QUIDDITCH TEAM! – Bart almost jumped, quickly standing up and almost spilling his beer all around Mark’s place – I mean we both know our shit about quidditch, for Merlin’s sake, I am quidditch journalist in the first place, you got the wits and trained quidditch while in Hogwart’s, didn’t you? Weren’t you like Ravenclaw’s captain?
- I did – smiled Mark – I know some people in the industry as well. One of my clients…
- I don’t give a rat about your clients – Bart stopped his friend right in the tracks – Wasn’t your uncle like an Honour League coach or something?
- Yeah, London Inquisitors… right before they bankrupted. – Mark nodded and looked away – But it’s a very fragile topic, we don’t really talk about this in our family. You see, when uncle Luke was sacked…
- Yeah, whatever. This means you have some contacts, doesn’t it?
- I've just told you, that one of my clients… oh but maybe let's start with my uncle… - Mark began to explain, but seeing the look on Bart’s face he just waved his hand and sighed – Okay, I get it. Want me to see them?
- As hell I do! Oh, oh and I’ve got some friends who might play with us! We can register in a local league and all the stuff. Champ, this is the second best idea that we ever had!
- And the first? – Mark asked, although he quickly reminded the event that his friend meant and decided not to dwell on it – Allright, I don’t actually need to know, I remember. So let’s do this: you contact these friends of yours, I will try to reach out to some folks in Quidditch business.
Bart gazed at him stunned. After few moments, he gasped and covered his mouth.
- What happened? – Mark looked at his friend, worried.
- We can’t play. You got this inner ear thing, don’t you?
- Yeah – Mark nodded – But it’s just causal and amateur league, it’s noth…
- YOU CAN’T PLAY I WON’T LET YOU DIE! – Bart grabbed his friend by arms and started shaking young lawyer violently – BUT ALSO WE EITHER DO IT PROPELRY OR WE DON’T DO IT AT ALL.
- Allright – Mark started to massage his arm, when Bart finally let go of him. He was sure that Shovel left some bruises. – I’ll coach and do some management stuff and you…
- Let me take care of the rest. Advertising, finances, contracts, sponsors… - Bart smirked and raised his eyebrows. Mark had a bad feeling about this, but decided to let him go…

And thus began the London Swallows team (yeah, that one was Bart’s idea as well… After this incident with registration, Mark decided to take care of the administrative things as well) history. A fresh start for amateurs, whose dream of greatness has just begun. Who knows, where it will take them?
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:43 am

Orick wrote:-Dude, we should start a quidditch team – said Mark Lewis, a 25 year old wizard/lawyer, while drinking a beer with his best friend, Bart Shovel in his humble abode. They were just chatting and sharing their insight on the latest Club World Cup
- WE SHOULD TOTALLY START A QUIDDITCH TEAM! – Bart almost jumped, quickly standing up and almost spilling his beer all around Mark’s place – I mean we both know our shit about quidditch, for Merlin’s sake, I am quidditch journalist in the first place, you got the wits and trained quidditch while in Hogwart’s, didn’t you? Weren’t you like Ravenclaw’s captain?
- I did – smiled Mark – I know some people in the industry as well. One of my clients…
- I don’t give a rat about your clients – Bart stopped his friend right in the tracks – Wasn’t your uncle like an Honour League coach or something?
- Yeah, London Inquisitors… right before they bankrupted. – Mark nodded and looked away – But it’s a very fragile topic, we don’t really talk about this in our family. You see, when uncle Luke was sacked…
- Yeah, whatever. This means you have some contacts, doesn’t it?
- I've just told you, that one of my clients… oh but maybe let's start with my uncle… - Mark began to explain, but seeing the look on Bart’s face he just waved his hand and sighed – Okay, I get it. Want me to see them?
- As hell I do! Oh, oh and I’ve got some friends who might play with us! We can register in a local league and all the stuff. Champ, this is the second best idea that we ever had!
- And the first? – Mark asked, although he quickly reminded the event that his friend meant and decided not to dwell on it – Allright, I don’t actually need to know, I remember. So let’s do this: you contact these friends of yours, I will try to reach out to some folks in Quidditch business.
Bart gazed at him stunned. After few moments, he gasped and covered his mouth.
- What happened? – Mark looked at his friend, worried.
- We can’t play. You got this inner ear thing, don’t you?
- Yeah – Mark nodded – But it’s just causal and amateur league, it’s noth…
- YOU CAN’T PLAY I WON’T LET YOU DIE! – Bart grabbed his friend by arms and started shaking young lawyer violently – BUT ALSO WE EITHER DO IT PROPELRY OR WE DON’T DO IT AT ALL.
- Allright – Mark started to massage his arm, when Bart finally let go of him. He was sure that Shovel left some bruises. – I’ll coach and do some management stuff and you…
- Let me take care of the rest. Advertising, finances, contracts, sponsors… - Bart smirked and raised his eyebrows. Mark had a bad feeling about this, but decided to let him go…

And thus began the London Swallows team (yeah, that one was Bart’s idea as well… After this incident with registration, Mark decided to take care of the administrative things as well) history. A fresh start for amateurs, whose dream of greatness has just begun. Who knows, where it will take them?

WHAT was the first best idea Mark and Bart ever had?!
HOW drunk was Bart when registering the team name?!
WILL WE EVER know the true story behind the Inquisitors' bankruptcy?!
And, most importantly... WHAT does London Swallow?!

Find out next time!
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:22 am

Sokolov wrote:
WHAT was the first best idea Mark and Bart ever had?!
HOW drunk was Bart when registering the team name?!
WILL WE EVER know the true story behind the Inquisitors' bankruptcy?!
And, most importantly... WHAT does London Swallow?!

Find out next time!

*90's sitcom music, fake audience laugh in background*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was few weeks after Mark and Bart started their mad idea and established a Quidditch team. Suprisingly, everything went well. Allright, maybe there were some hiccups - like the time that Mark and Bart decided that the team would be called "London Blue Jays", but since Bart went solo to the registration office and found out that "Team's name can only be two words, from which one must indicate team's headquarters".

- YOU DID WHAT? - Mark shouted and hitted his forehead with open palm.
- I... I panicked. And I might've bit a little bit drunk, mate - for the first time that they both knew each other, Bart showed even a slightest shame - I... I didn't know what to do!
Mark tried his best not to just burst into rage. He managed to vocalize, through clinched teeth:
- And... why... did you think... that LONDON FREAKING SWALLOWS WAS A GOOD IDEA?!
Bart coughed.
- I j-just thought of another bird... I know you like birds... and... and Swallows, man, they're so elegant.

Mark sighed and rolled his eyes. It was done. Their team was registered.
London Swallows.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But it was couple of weeks ago. Today, they were standing in their own stadium, that Mark managed to get through his late uncle's connections.
- Quaffle Theathre! Inquisitors' stadium! How?! - Bart looked around. What was once a great and prospering stadium, now looked more like a pile of wood and stones, but with a little bit of work, effort and money, it was certainly a great start.
- Had to pull some strings. But since no one was ever interested in using it again, I thought it would be a nice stadium. You know, why build a new one, when you can repair the old? - Mark smiled. He remembered the old times and distant memories of his uncle's stories about the days when London Inquisitors were in their glory. Just an idea of bringing it back, made Mark very excited.
- Well, we will have to invest a lot of money to make it a proper stadium again. - Bart nodded - But guess what. I just made us some money.
Mark squinted his eyes.
- What exactly do you mean?
- London Dynamo. Newcastle Gunslingers. Ring a bell?
Mark laughed.
- Yeah, just top quidditch teams, no big deal. Cardiff Corgies, Plymouth Catchers. See? I know some big clubs names too.
- But will they have their rising stars playing for us? NOPE! - Bart straightened up with a triumhant smile on his face. Mark looked at him, not quite understanding what his friend means.
- Bart, just tell me what did you do. Don't tell me that you've kindapped someone and now you're waiting for a ransom...
- What? No! Look - Bart pulled out some documents out of his briefcas and handed them to Mark. "Oh no" thought Mark "Bart and legal documents. That never ends well." He read through the papers quickly and almost fainted.
- How did you... Crosby... and O'Connor... playing for us on loan as prospects... How...?
- And WE will be geting paid for it
- Bart grinned - Isn't it exciting?!

From this second Mark knew, that they've started something big. Standing in the Quaffle Theatre and holding big player's contracts in his hands - their Quidditch career just begun with a Big Bang.
K2SC
Starter
Team Name: Manchester Mandrills

Postby K2SC » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:25 pm

Sokolov wrote: WHAT does London Swallow?!

I nearly inhaled my coffee reading that! :lol:
K2SC,
Manager-Owner, Manchester Mandrills
"Ape over us!"
~Since 1907
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 am

A year passed. To Mark’s surprise, a team he and his friend, Bart, established, still existed and even made it’s first successes.
- 3rd place in our semi-pro league. Would you believe that? – Mark smacked his lips and looked up at his friend. Bart was looking at some papers with a smile so big and sincere, that it could make a dementor laugh.
- We did it, Mark. We did it! – Bart handed him some papers with tables and numbers. It was a summary of season 53 for London Swallows. They finished 3rd in Oak Division 1 and with some luck they were looking at promotion to Iron League. Mark nodded and looked up, at their team’s photo. Pro players bought or loaned from other teams, hand in hand with total amateurs, all laughing at the camera.

London Swallows at the end of Season 53. From top left to right: Carla O'Connor, Jasmine Rahman, Enoch Wilson, Barbara Kerr, Maureen Scale. Bottom from left to right: Amarylis Gross, Lombard Hart, Kasandra Las, Odette McManus, Crosby Stevens, Silvio Behrend

- We will have to focus this year. We’re going pro league, no more easy matches. We should probably buy some more players soon.
- So… you’ve really changed your attitude, huh? No more “it’s just a silly hobby”?
Mark laughed and stood up. Bart was definitely right. It was getting more serious every day and it made no more sense to fool himself that it was otherwise. He had to cut his hours in work in order to take care of the team and to his surprise he found out, that he made some money out of managing the Swallows.
- Yeah. But let’s not dwell on that. We’ve got work to do…
---
SEASON 53 Summary:
Position: 3rd in Oak Division 1
Leaders: Crosby Stevens – 583 goals (9th place in Goals in Oak Division), 65% shots/goal ratio (4th place in Oak Division)
Lombard Hart – 58% shots/goal ratio (7th place in Oak Division), 61.4% pass success rate (10th place in Oak Division)
Enoch Wilson – 65,5 % Bludger shot/hit ratio (7th place in Oak Division)
Carla O’Connor- 82.1 % of won Duels (2nd place in Oak Division)

Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:35 pm

- Our first headline, mate! Our first headline! - Bart stormed into their freshly established, new office with a paper in his hand, waving it over his head. A true excitement was painted on his face and a little bit of a mad spark in his eye made Mark a bit worried.
- What? - Mark looked at his friend, not sure if he was joking or just overreacting.
- Look! - Bart smashed his friend's face with a newspaper. It took some time for Mark to regain his sight after this hit.

OLAF CHRISTIE BANISHED

Olaf Christie, 17 y.o. prospect was sold today from Ayr Victory to semi-amateur team from London, London Swallows...

- You see?! They wrote SEMI - amateur! We're SEMI! That's like halfway to being "DECENT" and you know, that it's just one step from "SOLID"! They almost wrote that we're a solid team! - Bart squealed. Mark continued reading the article, not quite sharing his partner's eagerness.

... in a surprsing transfer, for a decent price of 10 000 G. Ayr Victory's Academy is full of talented keepers, however this direction may be seen as a punishment for young Christie. Without a doubt though, this player for Manchester can be certain of a position in a team and a chance to make a name for himself and maybe even someday come back to fully professional Quidditch world. London Swallows is currently 2nd in Iron League 1. This team is considered to be a continuation of a certain team disbanded several years ago, London Inquisitors although whether their future will be as brights as "The Azures" is still uncertain. We just hope that this transfer will not totally wreck Christie's talent as it would be a huge loss for a Quidditch in Britain.

Will Olaf's career end before it even started?

Mark sighed and looked at Bart hopelessly. His friend, however, seemed like he was about to explode with excitement.
- You think this is good?
- Isn't it? - Bart laughed - Mate, it does not matter how they talk about you, as long as they are talking! We're in a great spot!

Mark didn't quite share his point of view, but decided to let go. In the end it was their first big headline in newspapers. And, what was even more important: they had a new player in their team, right before a crucial match with Uachdar Blackstars.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 am

Mark was sitting in his office chair, warming his hands while holding the hot cup of tea. He felt happy. Once again he glanced at the big, golden cup ilustrating a man and a woman chasing a snitch. "IRON LEAGUE 1 SEASON 54 CHAMPIONS" was engravered on it and every time he looked at the trophy, he felt more certain that the decision he and Bart made one year ago, was a good one.
- She's pretty, ain't she? - Bart sit next to Mark and was looking at the cup with the same dreamy eyes as his friend - We made it happen.
- We worked hard for it. I can't believe that we've made it. - Mark nodded.

On his desk lay few newspapers on Quidditch. Most of them were of course reporting on Gunslingers' impressive victory in Honour League, but a persisent reader would find a small note on lower league results with words "SWALLOWS GRAB THEIR FIRST TROPHY IN THEIR SECOND YEAR OF EXISTENCE" and a photo of a few happy players underneath.

London Inquisitors victorious in Iron League 1! From upper left: Carla O'Connor, Geoffreoy Leblond, Enoch Wilson, Kilby Breese. Down left: Lombard Hart, Odette McManus, Crosby Stevens, Olaf Christie

- So, what's next? - Bart smiled and stood up, looking through the window of their office, located on Swallows' stadium, Quaffle Theatre. - You know we've already beaten Inquisitors, right? They've never won any trophy.
Mark laughed.
- But they did advance to honour though. As for the future... Well, it's Crosby's and Carla's last season in our team before they go back to their teams. I guess we will have to prepare for big trades when the season ends. We need to be patient. I know that winning a trophy so fast seems great, but it's going to be harder every year.
- We have a great team though, don't we?

Mark smiled and nodded once again. Yes, they did have a great team.

---

BEST PLAYERS:
Crosby Stevens: 1681 Goals (7th in Iron League, 7th in All), 66,7% goal efficency (5th in Iron League, 8th in All),70,5% pass rate (8th in Iron League)
Lombard Hart: 1473 goals (9th in Iron League), 70,8% pass rate (7th in Iron League)
Kilby Breese: 70,1% pass rate (9th in Iron League)
Carla O'Connor: 78 duels won (8th in Iron League)
Olaf Christie: 67,1% save rate (8th in Iron League)
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:42 am

- Did you see that? – Bart stormed into London Swallows’ office with a newspaper in his hand. He threw it to Mark who was just analyzing latest standings in Quidditch Leagues.
- What is it?
- A newspaper, moron. Open on page 13.
Mark did like he was told. A small photo of their new player – Dixon Ahmad – caught his attention.

LONDON SWALLOWS – VICTORY AYR’S PENAL COLONY said the headline.

Dixon Ahmad was just sold for 10 001 G to London Swallows, Steel Division 1 team, following his former friend from the team, Olaf Christie. Both colleagues were members of Ayr Victory Academy and it seems they did not satisfy needs of the main team. It looks like London Swallows became a penal colony for those not working hard enough to become a top class player as a reminder to all other Academy students, what can await them, if they refuse to work hard.
- Outrageous! – Mark exhaleled, looking at his friend – Why would they write something like that? Did Dixon see it?
- Yeah, he did. It was Hart who gave me this newspaper and told me that Dixon is really devastated. Now he thinks that his career is ruined and he will never have any chance to get back to Honour League level.
Mark shook his head.
- You know what? Screw them. We’ll just do what we do. We gotta focus on the goal, stay in Steel and maybe advance to Bronze this year or in the next one. They might laugh at us now, but few years from now, this… - Mark looked at the bottom of the article to find its author - … this Brandon Prucey will be laughed at, whenever someone reminds him of this article.
- Hell yeah! – Bart clapped his hands, energized with excitement.
- One more thing. Can you arrange a dinner with Dixon? I think we should talk with him. He needs to know that whatever they say, this is his chance to do what he loves and become really good at it.
- Sure thing mate, sure thing. I'll arrange something. Bart nodded and left the office. Mark looked at the newspaper once again, snotted and threw it into the garbage bin.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:24 pm

3rd AYR VICTORY PLAYER JOINS LONDON SWALLOWS

It seems that Ayr - London is quite popular destination in Quidditch. For the 3rd time, London Swallows and Ayr Victory concluded a successful negotiations and made a deal between each other. This time youth player Fannie Griffiths became a Swallow, in a 15 000 G trade. Our sources however report, that she won't be playing until Season 55, since she was traded in order to replace Carla O'Connor, who soon will be coming back from the loan to her home team - London Dynamo.
Welcome to London, Fannie!

London Swallows are currently 7th in Steel Division 1. After good start, they've lost their place on the podium and soared down the table. Currently they are in quite solid position, certainly safe from relegation, but without any greater hopes for advancing to Bronze this year. Maybe next year their efforts will pay off - and who knows, what part of it will Fannie Griffiths play?

///

Season 54:

Finished 7th in Steel Division 1

Best Players:

Carla O'Connor - 83 duels won (10th in Steel Division)

Return to “Roleplay”