Quidditch Today- the NewsCenter

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Quidditch Today- the NewsCenter

Postby Ruse » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:54 am

Welcome to QT- the new sportnews Center

If you play low league or Honour. If you are a new player or an experienced veteran manager. If you write about small teams or the Big Players.
Interviews, articles, gameshows, or just short headlines. Equal how long, equal how short they are.
Be welcome to post your ideas here.
Last edited by Ruse on Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ruse
All-Star

Re: Quidditch Today- the News Center

Postby Ruse » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:26 am

The Fairytale of the Kings
A short comment by Harley Shaw.

We reached the round of the best 32 and like to take a closer view at the smallest team staying in the competition.
The speech is from the Belfast Kings.

Unbeaten in Iron 3 and unbeaten in the CWC the Kings eliminate Hartlepool Anchors (Iron), Leicester Blackowls (steel) and the Gillingham Grenadiers.
The Blackowls and Grenadiers play booth good seasons and are placed 2nd and 3rd in Steel 3.
The first match against the Blackowl ends with 150:430 at the owls Nest from Leicester.
With awesome defensive skills and efficient passing the Kings dominate the game by shooting 84 to 39 times. Most effective Chaser was Capucine Lebrun, while Gaby Rodriguez saves 24 of 39 shots.
Against the Grenadiers it was the Hour of seeker Olga Gondz, who catches the snitch and won the game with 310:230.

The average age of the team is around 27 years and the quality is impressive for an iron league squad. Having a 78,3 avg Chaserline and 77,5 Avg beaterline just the keeper and seeker seems to be low average, but specially Olga Gondz plays fine in the past rounds.

Drawn against the Rochdale Rovers the Fairytale could find an end, but let´s wait and see how the underdog performs against the Superstars from the Rovers and finally nobody can take their success away anymore.
DarioDiConca
All-Star
Team Name: Plymouth Catchers & Isle of Manhood

Re: Quidditch Today- the NewsCenter

Postby DarioDiConca » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:41 am

Is Harley Shaw my old Keeper ??? Xd
:WC2nd: Season 28, 32, 48
:Honour1st: Season 27, 48
:WC3rd: Season 36
:Honour2nd: Season 26, 45,46
:Honour3rd: Season 25,34,35,37,47,49
:Bronze1st: Season 20
:Steel1st: Season 17

Founded Season 14
Founder of the "dealer system" club
Founder of the "lose 2 CWC finals in a row" club
Founder of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:45 pm

Just want to give you props for making this thread!

This allows us to write shorter RPs and expand on the QM world without having to dedicate ourselves to our own personal threads.

This kind of thread exists on a big sport RP forum I visit and it is very useful, as well as popular.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
K2SC
Starter
Team Name: Manchester Mandrills

Postby K2SC » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Surprise Win for the Mandrills!

The Club World Cup has been filled with surprises. Honour league teams found themselves losing in shock defeats to relatively inexperienced lineups. Amongst the many who reaped the spoils of the day in Round 3 were the Manchester Mandrills, who came out on top against a quality Maidenhead Snatchers side.

'It could have gone both ways,' a very pleasantly surprised Kane commented. 'CWC games are notorious for being touch and go--I mean, who wouldn't be nervous seeing the best getting trounced?'

Jemima Gillam, the captain of the side had much of the same to say. 'Kane laid out the groundswork, we executed it. And Merlin did that man's ploy pay off!' Asked about the advancing fixtures, she shrugged.

'Gunslingers are a great side. But the only thing I know is that we're going to put up one hell of a fight! ' Chapman Regan, today's hero of the match, said that he hadn't expected the snitch to land where it had.

'(Claude) Hargest saw it first, but when the team is trailing there isn't much to do except to try and deter the other seeker. It didn't work this match, and I'm super glad for that.'

'It hasn't been the best of times in the club,' Kane admitted. 'Lots of controversies, a lot of time passed without use as well. But the team is obsessed with victory, and so am I. We'll see how Day 18 goes.'
K2SC,
Manager-Owner, Manchester Mandrills
"Ape over us!"
~Since 1907
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:56 pm

Zankman wrote:Just want to give you props for making this thread!

This allows us to write shorter RPs and expand on the QM world without having to dedicate ourselves to our own personal threads.

This kind of thread exists on a big sport RP forum I visit and it is very useful, as well as popular.

Yes. That´s my intention. It´s a thread for everyone who likes to write something about the game without the pressure to write regular, to fill an own thread, but of cause everybody can also post regular here.
Hopefully it becomes popular as well and we reach a big variety of ideas and styles.

DarioDiConca wrote:Is Harley Shaw my old Keeper ??? Xd

Yes it is.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:55 am

The First Youth All-Star Game

Before all of our eyes turned back to the Finals of the CWC we like to create a new event, which could be a funny prelude to the seasonfinal.

In Cooperation with the Valkyries and their foundation of a new complete Academy we like to invite the most gifted Talents from all over the World to play the first Youth All Star Game here at the Emlyn Road Stadium in Victoria.
The 14 best Under 17 years old players from all Bronze to Honour Teams will join one of two teams and play a hopefully epic Al-Star Game, which will be summarized in a short RP, by Harley Shaw and his new co-host Natália Leão.
Also we like to award the best Academys for building up the best talents.

But now its time to present the Main Charakters of this Day.

The Rising Stars will be coached by Canadas International Player and Valkyries youth Coach Primavera Desbois.
Her team is lead by Team Captain Elvira Dawson and her star Conrad Prichard

The Team will play in the following Line Up.
Seeker: 7 Ivar Howell, Basingstoke Bisciones, USA ? 56
Beater: 4 Waltraut Bayer, Cardiff Corgis, Germany B 58
Beater: 6 Rosa Acosta, Newcastle Gunstlingers, Spain B 57
Chaser: 1 Conrad Prichard Basingstoke Bisciones, Wales ? 63
Chaser: 9 Elvira Dawson, Kingston Mariners, England B 55
Chaser: 13 Arunachalam Hussaini, Swansea Snorkack, India B 54
Chaser: 12 Conrad McHugh, Victoria Valkyries, England K 54
Team Avg; 56.71

The Magnificient Ascenders will be coached by Ex Seekerstar Gertrude Johnson
She named Queenie Powell as her Captain and choose Drake Davidson as Topstar.

The Ascenders will play with following Line Up.

Seeker: 14 Queenie Powell, Victoria Valkyries, England S 54
Beater: 2 Drake Davidson, Exeter Patronum, Ireland B 62
Beater: 3 Bond Morgans, Kingston Mariners, England B 60
Chaser: 8 Leticia McCabe, Exeter Patronum, Northern Ireland B 56
Chaser: 10 Simone McKay, Victoria Valkyries, USA C 55
Chaser: 11 Henry Gilmour, Isle of Man Darksiders, Northern Ireland B 55
Keeper: 5 Erskine Beaven, Glasgow Lagavulin Scotland K 58
Team avg of 57.14

(Explanation: All-Star Position, Avg Ranking, Name, Tam, Nation, real Position, Avg)

In total we have 797 Avg Points and an avg of 56.93 in this tournament.
have fun Ladies and Gentleman.
Last edited by Ruse on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:59 am

a little fun fact.
We have 7 Beaters under the top Talents with two unchoosed positions and just 1 Chaser out there.
Seems that Top Player hate to shoot goals in this generation and like more to shoot arounds with Bludgers.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:40 am

Welcome to Shawtime

Shaw: Welcome to our first edition of Shawtime. I´m Harley Shaw and it´s a great honour to welcome my partner Natália Leão.
Leão: Thank you harley, Nice to be here.
Shaw: Today we look at the Title race in the Honour League, which is fought beetween the Poole Koerakoonlased and the Bristol Bangtails.
Both teams have 28 wins and a four games lead to third Placed Worcester Sharks and last years champion Newcastle Gunstlingers. Question of the day. Who will make the race. For all our guests, please feel free to make your call.

Image vs Image
Image :Honour1st: Image

Leão: Watching both teams we see two very diffrent teams. The Bangtails are an old veteranteam with many old and high reputation players like Beaterstar feliks Rataj or Hall Parker, while the Koerakoonlased have younger players, who had not the biggest international experience but surpisingly higher avgs.
Finally the bangtails had totally played 60 Nationalgames. Koerakoonlased has 12. Otherwise they have 7 actual Nationalplayers, while the Bangtails have just 2 actual Nationalplayers in their team. The Koerakoonlased have a 90 teamavg vs 87 Avg from the bangtails.
Shaw: Watching at the club histiry the bangtails are infront. With Titles in all lower leagues, 2 third places in honour and 3 runner ups in honour the Bangtails was more successfull then the Koerakoonlased in the past, who had won a Goldtitle, a Bronzetitle and a ironleague title.
Leão: But the Past has never bring any success. Finally its a duell beetween the higher Quality against the higher experience.
Shaw: You don´t believe in the power of a glorious past?
Leão: No, i don´t believe in that.
Shaw: I think an aspect you forget is the respect infront of those high calibre names. they may have loose some of their quality, but they all have the nimbus of a great career and the know all tricks you just can learn by playing against the best.
Leão: Maybe your right, but i think all experience will be not enough, when it comes to an direct duell. Quidditch is an tough sport. You need the fitness to play an complete season at this niveau.
Shaw: An experienced player knows best how he needs to work to stay fit. Also it seems that the Bangtails are theron to win a title. Its maybe their last chance with this squad. That could bring some extra motivation.
Leão: Maybe, but i doubt that they stand a chance. If we compare the parts of the Team it seems that the Koerakoonloosed have the better keyplayers. Ada Flemming has a 10% stronger Duell percentage and could attack the Highscore, staying at 62% at the moment. The 36 years old Atwater Dickson has 52% at the moment.
Shaw: Yes, But the Bangtails have a stronger keeper and more effective Chasers with a small stronger passing and they have also one good interceptor, while from poole not one chaser is under the top 25 in this category. Also the Beaters win the Head to Head.
Leão: In most cases a good Seeker wins the game.
Shaw: While i see we can´t unite for our favourite, lets check the first haunters.
Leão: I think both teams stand a chance. The Gunstlingers was a well deserved Champion last season and they play a strong season. With Dawn Kerr they field the best Seeker of the last seasons and with Dion Wilson they have a Nations Cup winner who leads a highquality Chaserline. The sharks have won two seasons ago and field the welsh superstar seeker Stewat Lawrence, who could be a factor in every game. Also Kelsey Charlton and Landon Howell show how strong their team is casted.
Both teams will attack and maybe both can win the title again, but i believe in the Poole Koerakoonlased who had the teamquality and the best age to get stronger, while other teams might loose some skillpoints, also they could struggle with their keeper.
Shaw: I think time is running out. I hope you had fun to read and we would be happy to hear your opinions in an hopefully thrilling season final.
Good luck to all and come again, when its shawtime.
Last edited by Ruse on Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:18 am, edited 7 times in total.
Ruse
All-Star

Postby Ruse » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:08 am

Creative Teamwork

In another article I like to take a look at the Stadiums, so please be creative and send me a short describtion of your stadium untill next monday via pm or post your ideas here.
if you like you can also post a special showelement of your fans or your team. In fact everything that creates the matchatmosphere at your stadium can be written. Multiaccs can wrote for each team a post.

It´s equal which League you play, and you can also wrote just a short sentence, about it. Please just don´t forgte to wrote the Team and the stadiumname ;).
In one article i like to bring all your ideas together, so we have a nice clear list to check if you like.
I hope for many ideas.

Return to “Roleplay”