Around London Inquisitors

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Around London Inquisitors

Postby Orick » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:04 am

Everything about a small team from London, barely starting their dream!

Name: London Inquisitors
Established: Season 25

COLOURS: Blue (Azure) and White
MASCOT: Azure Inquisitor

Season 25: Won Sapling Series 1 by default, promoted to Iron League 4.
Season 26: 8th place in Iron League 4.
Season 27: 4th place in Iron League 4, promoted to Steel Division 1 because of deletions.
Season 28: 8th place in Steel Division 1.
Season 29: 2nd place in Steel Division 1, promoted to Bronze League 1.
Season 30: 11th place in Bronze League 1.
Season 31: 12th place in Bronze League 1.
Season 32: 11th place in Bronze League 1.
Season 33: 2nd place in Bronze League 1, promoted to Silver League.
Season 34: 5th place in Silver League.
Season 35: 3rd place in Silver League, promoted to Gold League.
Season 36: 6th place in Gold League
Season 37: 3rd place in Gold League, promoted to Honour League.
Season 38: 14th place in Honour League.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friend teams:
1.Newcastle Gunslingers - joined training sessions and frequent sparings open for fans got Inquisitors really close with the team from Newcastle.

Rivals:
1. Chester Bennington - Since they first met in Iron League, Inquisitors take Bennington very seriously. They were rivals in their fight for promotion into Steel and when they met once again in Bronze, their matches were always tense and the stakes - once again high. Fans were always expecting more from their team when both teams are facing each other, which eventually led to a very interesting rivalry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TOP 3 TRANSFERS IN:

1. April Webb (Free Agent) - 80 000 G
2. Juliette Beddoe (Free Agent) - 68 446 G
3. Drake Lowe (Free Agent) - 29 846 G

TOP 3 TRANSFERS OUT:

1. Darian Shaw (Dundee Mifflins) - 25 000 G + Arleen Ford (~25 000 G)
2. Minerva Watson (Wells Wild) - 18 0001
3. Livia McGregor (Queensbury Heroes) - 15 000 G

From "London Quidditch", a sport supplement to a small local newspaper:

LONDON INQUISITORS TAKE THEIR FIRST STEP

Although there are many teams from London, not many of them are competing in the highest of leagues. But with new teams on the rise, some of them are looking into the future with hope. We had a chance to grab a cup of coffee and have a small talk with coach of one of these rookie teams, London Inquisitors - Luke "Orick" Rodak. A former Polish Quiddtich player, famous mostly for his performances in the German Quidditch League. Invited by a group of local Quidditch enthusiasts, he agreed to lead a new team into glory. Let's see what he has to say about his team and it's future:

So, Luke, we're off to a season 26. A big day for your club, marking your debut in seventh division. Are you nervous?

Yes, of course we are, I mean – who was not, when it came to that? But it's not the „paralyzing” kind of fear. We're focused and prepared, I truly believe that we have a fine year ahead.

What are your goals for this season?

Well, we cannot expect much, after all the competition in quidditch is very tense from the day one even in the lower divisions. We are also newcomers, we don't expect to create a storm and revolution. For this season we simply and humbly want to avoid relegation. Mid – table finish would be our dream.

How so? Weren't you preparing for last months? I've seen you playing a lot of friendly matches.

Yes, of course we were preparing, we were training hard and meeting with variety of teams from higher divisions. But when you look at our future rivals rosters you can see some young, talented players eager to win and not letting anyone take this away from them. We will put up a fight, but being a new team I believe we should not expect too much. All I require from my players is a solid fight and dedication, but we have to have respect for our rivals.

Yes, when comparing your roster and other teams one could see a potential gap. But on the other hand – you've really changed your team, when you look at where you started. How come?

You know, it's one thing to gather a group of ten players eager to play quidditch, but another to take it to the competitive level. Yes, current squad really differs from the one that I've met when I took over the club. It was a natural course of things – some of the players were doing great in matches and trainings and were able to stay in London Inquisitors, some even in the main seven. But others had to leave us, unfortunately. I wish them all the best.

Was it hard to complete a team?

Like I've said - it was really difficult to say "Goodbye" to some of the players that I've met when the team was founded. But the thrill of signing a new, young player, eager to play for us was mesmerizing. Kimball Ahmad, former player of Mansfield Wolves said to me on his first training: "you know, coach, I was not sure if it was good move to leave my team. But I believe we can achieve something big". I literally had tears in my eyes when I heard this. Falkner Kerr, our Captain is doing great job. Although she came from much better team, Glasgow Gargoyles, she never let other players think, that she believes she is better. Truly she holds the team together and is a great and inspiring leader.

If you had to name a "Star" of your team, who would it be?

I think it would be unfair of me to focus on one player. After all we're a team and although some of these players already have a history and some nice matches behind them, even those less experienced can show something great. Everyone of them can be a next big star, next Joshua Games or Gewn Glyn, given the right time. I see a great future for our chaser, Minerva Watson - only 19 years old, she really shows potential and I guess that after this year, some bigger clubs may ask for her. And to think we've acquired her from Edinburgh Locos almost for free! But in the end, I believe that our squad is really solid and saying that one of them is better than the others, would be wrong.

Every player in your starting seven comes from another country. Doesn't it cause some problems?

Oh don't be silly, we're living in a magic world, we're not muggles for Merlin's sake. We're using some spells and magic rings to make communication easier. It's not that big of a deal.

Well then, I wish all the best for you and the team! Who knows, maybe we will next year and discuss a great season for your team?

I hope so and I am looking forward to that. Best wishes to all of your readers!
Last edited by Orick on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Orick
All-Star

Re: Around London Inquisitors

Postby Orick » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:10 am

From "London Quidditch"

INQUISITORS DREAM ACHIEVED, UNCERTAIN FUTURE AHEAD

London Inquisitors in the last days of the Season 26th
From up left: Falknerr Kerr, Florentin Quesada, Vivian Fraser, Kimball Ahmad, Cesare Rosa, Minerva Watson, Rafa Herreros

It was a long season, but here we are - the last matches are being played this week. We've already covered some major teams from our city on the previous pages, but let's see how are the Inquisitors doing. Last year we had an interview with Luke Rodak, team's coach (see issue #328), who expressed his hopes and goals for the season. And I think he can be proud of his players - finishing 8th in Iron League he achieved "the dream" mid table end, recalling his words from last year. Rivalry with the 7th team - Rotherham Ravenings - was very tense, since Inquisitors were able to grasp a single win on Matchday 13 and even had their chance to beat them again. But next two matches of these two made clear, who was better and there was no reason to believe, that Inquisitors could end above Ravenings. "We had our chance and we blew it. It's time to learn from our mistakes. We had the potential to win" said Rodak after their last match, deciding not to comment this match further.

But now let's look at the roster. Certainly these players were working hard, and improving their academy with some new equipment helped them to develop. Minerva Watson is getting better every day, and although right now this 20 year old chaser seems like the weakest of the trio Ahmad - Rosa - Watson, with only 39% goal percentage, we believe that the best is still ahead of her. The main star - Kimball Ahmad - scored 934 times when we are writing this article, and with only two matches ahead we believe there is not a chance, that he will hit the 1000th milestone - his personal goal he set when starting this season.

We're not sure how will Inquisitors develop in the future. Our experts state, that they clearly need at least one more player at Ahmad's level to let them even dream of fighting for better places next season. But on the other hand, this is still a very young team, and given time, they might become the force to be reckoned with. But as for now - they should be content with what they achieved, since they're not really more than only an average team.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:30 am

From "AQM" - Australian Quidditch Magazine

READ WITH A CLUB

One of our young prospects, Carlton Read has finally found the team. 20 year old beater will now be playing for a Iron League 4 Team, London Inquisitors. Wish you luck, Inquisitors coach - Read always was a cocky one and he already proved that with his first comment on the transfer:

"I wanted more, I thought I could attract teams from at least Bronze League. But Quidditch in England is much more competetive and being an Aussie doesn't help either. I just have to work my way up from the bottom."

This kind of attitude won't help him getting the sympathy from the fans. There might be a lot of work on this difficult character for Inquisitors coach, but was it worth 8990 galleons?

Read will be replacing another beater, 22 year old Florentin Quesada from Spain. Rumour has it, that he was in a conflict with team's coach for a long time and this transfer finally ends this struggle - unfortunately for Spaniard, with him looking for another club.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:06 am

INQUISITORS WITH NEW LOGO

Today was a big day in a small club's history. Inquisitors presented their new team logo and a mascot.

"It's a Knight in a white armor, holding a sword which burns with an azure flame. It represents the spirit, zeal and bravery of Inquisitors" explained Agnes Fraser, the author of the new logo and local artist. She offered her help in creating a new crest mostly because her sister, Vivian, plays for Inquistors. "Things you do for younger sisters!" she laughed, when asked if that circumstance had any impact on her decision.
"We've decided it's time to let go of the old symbol and crest, Warhammer and a Snitch. It was fine, but we were looking for something else, much more fitting to our goals and aspirations" added Luke Rodak, Inquisitors' coach. Together with a new logo comes a new mascot - Azure Inquisitor, which naturally resembles the knight visible on the crest.

Inquisitors are currently holding 3rd place in Iron League 4 and are expected to be promoted to Steel Division by the end of the season.

//logo designed here
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:04 am

from "London Quidditch"

INQUISITORS IN A CRISIS?

After second consecutive loss against Chester Bennington, Inquisitors are weakening their chances for a good finishing spot. Yesterday's match, which ended with a 510:340 win for Bennington widened the gap between two teams.

"I am furious. I cannot even describe how dissapointed with my players I am right now. We were better team on paper, but numbers do not play the game, players do. And this evening Bennington players were so much better, I have to admit that" said Rodak, Inquisitor's coach, right after the final whistle. Team from London was one of the expected teams to be promoted to Steel Division after this season, but so far they are on the 4th spot with two points short of Bennington.

How will Inquisitors repair the damages? Will we see some new transfer in the final weeks of this season? Or maybe their coach cannot be so sure of his job after the recent events?

Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:46 pm

From "Zoom Quidditch" - one of the most popular magazines about Quidditch in Great Britain.

Fairfax Brick with an unexpected transfer

Fairfax Brick, already in his new shirt

Quidditch fans from Bristol - beware! Longtails have just sold their veteran, Fairfax Brick. And he won't be aiding any top tier team, quite the opposite. His new home will be London Inquisitors, 5th team of Iron League 4. This unexpected, surprising transfer raised many questions. So far we were not able to reach Brick himself, however we had a chance to have a small talk with Luke Rodak, Inquisitors' coach, probably unknown to all of our readers.

"Indeed, that transfer may be shocking, but this is our last chance to grab the third place to be promoted this season. Fairfax is a skilled, experienced player, a mentor, that our team needs. I was as surprised as you, when the coach of Bristol Bangtails, Sokolov himself, offered me Brick. The transfer was done almost immediately, this only confirms how much both sides were eager to make the transaction. I will personally make sure that he will feel here like at home. Bristol Bangtails - we owe you one!" he finished with a warm smile and true excitement in voice.

Fairfax Brick will take place of much younger player, Italian Cesare Rosa. "Cesare will continue playing in our friendly matches, so that when Fairfax decides it's time to hide your broom in the closet and retire, he could replace him. I think it's a fair deal for both of them" explained Rodak. For some, such decision might only confirm what was already being a subject of the gossips - that Brick is seriously considering finishing his career soon. But nobody could even expect such a direction of his movement. We wish all the best for Fairfax and one thing is sure - young players in Inquisitors squad now can learn from the best!
Last edited by Orick on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:23 am

Heard in Leaky Cauldron, London.

- Bloody hell. I mean really: what, on Merlin's Hat, was that? - asked Jonathan, aging wizard, looking at two of his pals. They all graduated in the same year from Hogwart's and were friends ever since - They were supposed to... bollocks.
- You tell me, boy! - black haired Anthon replied, sipping his bear in anger - I can't believe it, really, after this "phenomenal" - Anthon snorked - Trade with Bangtails...
- It's all this Spaniard's fault, I tell you! Rodak should have got rid of him a long time ago! - finished the youngest looking of all of them, Barty. This time he was drinking a non - alcoholic beverage, since his wife got really angry when he came back from the Quidditch match last week, demanding from her to "born him a bloody quidditch team, so he can win everything there is to win". - Everyone was playing superbly! Watson had like seventy percent success rate, not to mention Brick's cracking performance! Only Rafa was playing shite.
- Yeah, Rafa Herreros can suck my... - Jonathan's rant was disturbed by another customer, who jostled him by accident - Hey, watch it!
- Now they cannot be promoted this year. Even if they win with Nightingales on the last matchday, they have a negative score comparison with Bennington. Damn Bennington will be promoted, and Inquisitors are going to rot in this damn league!
- Maybe they can next year...
- With another goalkeeper...
- I hope so. They have to.
- They could possibly get a title even...

- Or maybe... - Barty lowered his voice, as if he tried not to raise any suspicions from other customers - Maybe they WILL be promoted. Just think of it: how many teams are deleted because of the licence problems? There is a chance...
- No chance. Locos were in the same situation last year. 4th place, no promotion, even after deletions. - Anthon quickly and violently crushed his dreams - Inquisitors blew their chance today, they were supposed to win so much higher. And earlier, when they freaking lost to Fliers twice.
- And even if... would you like to have such a promotion? - asked Jonathan, taking another sip of his beer - There's no glory in that.
- You're right guys. Maybe next year then. To next year - he raised his glass.
- To next year.
- To your wife, Barty. She has a lot of labours to come I heard!
- Oh cut it, tosser.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43 am

From London Quidditch

Steel Inquisitors!

After another deletion of teams which hadn't renewed their licences, London Inquisitors, who ended 4th in the Iron League 4, will now be playing in the Steel Division 1! This was a shock for the team coach and players as well.

"I did not think it was possible" - explained Rodak "To be honest, we were preparing to fight for an Iron League Cup, finish first and then fight in the Steel League. This promotion was a shock for us, but I think we are prepared. It's our time to shine".

Some of the fans were however not really content with this decision. It was said, that such a promotion is not really honorable and should be won on the pitch, not because of the laws and other teams misfortune. However they are happy for their team and will continue to support them in the times ahead.

"Our goal right now is to avoid relegation, which will be extremely difficult I think" - commented Carlton Read, 20 year old beater and captain of the Inquisitors - "Most of the teams here are stronger than us, but our manager is already preparing some transfers. We cannot wait to see the new players in our team. I am confident of my skills and I cannot even imagine, that I would be the one replaced." he finished proudly.

There were also some rumours about Fairfax Brick, experienced chaser who joined Inquisitors in the last weeks of prevous season. Former Bristol Bangtails player was hesitating about his retirement, but yesterday he gave an official statement.

"I will not retire this season. Inquisitors need me right now more than ever and I still think I am capable of playing on a good level. I still love this game and I can't imagine my life without it. Ask me next season again, please, but for now I am training just as hard as in the previous years and I am focused on our current goal, which is to avoid relegation from Steel Division."

Next few weeks will without a doubt show, if Inquisitors are really capable of fighting with the best. Fans are also speculating about the new players, that could join the team. Most of them point at Rafa Herreros, 22 year old Keeper, who will most likely get replaced. His theoretical replacements are Magdalena Voros, Darian Shaw and Edgar Scott, who are currently looking for a team, but Rodak did not comment on these speculations.

Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:28 am

From London Quidditch:

Inquisitors sign a new Keeper

Darian Shaw, 29 years old player from Manchester will now show Steel Division 1, that keepers can be brutal too.

Rafa Herreros is out, just like predicted! Darian Shaw now joins the team. Known from his very aggresive and brutal plays, Shaw already declared, that he's going to do his best to stop rival chasers.
"It's either save or die trying. I don't care if someone gets injured by that. A lot of people have a problem with my style of play, I just don't give a crap" he said during a small meeting for fans. Opinions about him are divided, but after Inquisitors lost two matches and are last in the league with negative 510 points, everyone is looking forward for a win.
Meanwhile, old Inquisitors keeper, Rafa Herreros has already appeared on a tradelist, with 1000G bid.
"He's a fine, young keeper, he just cannot catch up with the tempo of the game in the higher leagues. I am sure that when he gets some experience, he will be able to become worthy of playing in steel. But for now we have to part ways. Thank you, Rafa, for everything you did for the team" with these words Rodak announced Spaniard's departure.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:25 am

From "Zoom Quidditch"

Bury Shakers secure an expected win

No surprises in London - Inquisitors (Steel Division 1) were crushed by Bury Shakers (Bronze League 1) in the Qualifiers of World Cup IV. After three and half hours, Christine Gabriel grabbed a snitch and ended a massacre, which's final result was 770:280 for team from Bury. After a short press conference, in which both coaches agreed that it was "a fine spectacle", rival teams posed for a joined photo, which will without a doubt be a fine memoral for players from both groups - for Inquisitors to remmeber, that they still have to fight and train to match with the best, and for Shakers, that there is a great future ahead.

London Inquisitors 280 : 770 Bury Shakers
Quaffle Theatre - Season 28 Day 10 (31.12.1969)
Attendance: 6800

Goals:
Drake Ward (Shakers) - 27 (60%)
Clyde Gallagher (Shakers) - 26 (58%)
Leando Becerril (Shakers) - 19 (73%)
Kimball Ahmad (Inquisitors) - 12 (48%)
Fairfax Brick (Inquisitors) - 10 (50%)
Minerva Watson (Inquisitors) - 6 (46%)

Upper row, from left: Falkner Kerr, Carlton Read, Vivian Fraser, Kimball Ahmad, Christine Gabriel, Harmony Lloyd, Emanuel Castro.
Bottom row from left: Cesare Rosa, Minerva Watson, Fairfax Brick, Darian Shaw, Clyde Gallagher, Leando Becerril, Drake Ward, Jasper Ahmad

//OC - I love how both "Ahmads" have dreadlocks :D

Return to “Roleplay”