Around London Inquisitors

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Re: Around London Inquisitors

Postby Orick » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 am

From "London Quidditch"

Inquisitors acquire a prospect

Finally something is changing in the London Inquisitors' club. After expanding the stadium to the maximum allowed by the Ministry of Magic, 13th team of the Bronze League 1 bought a new player. It's not a star, quite the opposite. Justine Cook former chaser of the Dublin Blackcats, now wears Inqusitors' shirt.

- She is not here to replace someone in the main squad, at least: not now. But she will join our B squad in the friendly matches, replacing Kimball Ahmad, who asked for some more time with his family. I think Justine will fit very well to our roster and will find her place in the main squad in a few years. - explained Rodak, while presenting the new member of the team.

It will be some time, until we see Justine in the big matches

This transfer was greeted kindly by the Inquisitors' fans, who were despair for any sign of changes in the team. However some people argue, that 12 500 Galleons spend for her could have been invested in someone who would replace someone from the main squad, it's certainly something new. Maybe winds of change are coming to London afterall, and next season will be more, than just a struggle to avoid relegation.
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:30 am

From "Zoom Quidditch"

MIFFLINS TRADE WITH INQUISITORS

An unexpected deal bewteen Dundee Mifflins and London Inqusitors! After very rapid negotations, both managers decided to trade their players. Inqusitors said goodbye to Carlton Read, but greeted Arleen Ford and additional 25 000 Galleons.

Read always dreamed big. I remember his disappointment when he joined our team. But he has a strong character, he swallowed his pride and led our team, rising as a true leader. It was only a matter of time, until bigger teams would ask for him. I am very happy that he can join the best of the best. I am sure this lad will do greatly in Honour League. said Rodak, while commenting the big goodbye for his team.

With this trade, Inquisitors have already started looking for the replacement. Few rumours have arisen, as Rodak already offered money for Morton Irvine, however the negotiations are being said to be in very early stages. WIthout a doubt, we will soon see a new, young player joining their squad, to potentially replace Arleen Ford, as she retires in few seasons.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:55 am

From "London Quidditch""

A VERY BUSY WEEK FOR INQUISITORS

It was a crazy couple of days for Inquisitors. First of all, Carlton Read left the team for Honour League Dundee Mifflins, who gave Inquisitors their own beater, Arleen Ford. Most of the fans were shocked by this decision, but after the initial surprise, everyone was thrilled with this exchange and the fact, that their player will now be playing in the top league.
Read certainly deserved it! He's one of the best beaters I have ever seen, I am sure than in few seasons he will end up with a Golden Broom said Sarah Feather, Inquisitors fan.

But it didn't take much time, when Rodak announced yet another trade. This time, for exactly the amount of Galleons team received for Read (25 000), Inquisitors acquired very young and talented Morton Irvine. This 20 y.o. beater will for now join the B squad and we will be able to watch him only during the friendlies, but this transfer is already being compared to Read's transfer few years ago.

The future certainly looks bright now. Even if the current leaders retire, we will have players to replace them. It's great to see those changes in our team. explained Jonathan Woods, Inquisitors owner.
Current Inquisitors lineup. From up left: Falkner Kerr, Arleen Ford, Vivian Fraser, Morton Irvine, Kimball Ahmad. Down left: Drake Lowe, Minerva Watson, Justine Cook, Darian Shaw, Livia McGregor

Inquisitors are struggling in Bronze League 1 from 3 seasons and it seems they'd rather drop down, than advance up. But with the recent transfers, we might see them having their golden age in few years.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 pm

From "London Quidditch"

INQUISITORS FINISH 11th, SHAW ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT

Season 32 was without a doubt very tense for Inquisitors, but after some troubles and chaos around coach Luke Rodak, they've managed to stay in Bronze League, finishing on 11th place. This result is a little improvement from their last year's performance. But they've got another problem - Darian Shaw, Inquisitors' keeper announced his retirement today.

"I had great time. I am thankful to all the managers, teams and players I had a pleasure to work with. But everything has it's end and so does my career." he explained in official statement. This leaves Inquisitors with a problem, since their backup Keeper - Livia McGregor - is not yet prepared to become #1 in the team. Does that mean that we will soon see a new keeper in Quaffle Theatre? Or will Inquisitors rather invest in a better chaser, as our sources near the coach and club owners speculate?
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Mon May 04, 2015 6:59 pm

From "London Quidditch"

INQUISITORS LOSE LEADERS' SEAT

After a very tight game, which was supposed to decide the leader of Bronze League 1, Inquisitors fell to Halifax Skalleberg 470:490. Crowd at Quaffle Theatre in just few seconds went from crazy with happiness, when Falkner Kerr started her chase after the snitch, to utter silence, as Harley Bentley emerged victorious from the duel, with the little golden globe with wings in his hand.

We could have won, we should have won. But the rules are rules and I am not here to argue with them. Harley was faster than Falkner and to be honest it was the only thing that decided the result of the match. It was a great spectacle, I am proud for my players. But yes, without a doubt I am unsatisfied with the final outcome said Rodak, when asked about his feelings right after the final whistle.

The times are changing for Inquisitors and Rodak seems to be well aware of that

Most of the team members had very similiar comments about the game and are in the end pretty positive about the future and are hoping for a better result next time. Only one player seemed to be realy angry about the outcome.

It's all my fault, once again. You know, when you have a bad game as a chaser, everyone just forgets it. When you're a seeker and everybody's doing their best and you fail them... it haunts you. Kerr couldn't hide her despair and anger after the match.

As a result, Inquisitors dropped from 1st to 3rd place, as Grimsby Grindylows still occupy the 2nd, but both teams have yet to play each other. Inquisitors' performance this year is however a surprise. In previous years they've barely dodged the relegations, but since Bradley McAllister, former chaser of Dundee Mifflins joined their lineup, quality of their game really improved. Rodak already stated, that after such a great start, they want to finish the season in top 5.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Wed May 06, 2015 5:23 am

From "London Quidditch"

AHMAD LEAVES INQUISITORS

Fans favourite, Kimbal Ahmad was just sold to Derry Heirs for 14 001 Galleons. The deal was a natural result of a recent Inquisitors - Mifflins transfer, when they've acquired Bradley McAllister. Crowd of fans were saying goodbye to the chaser, who was playing in Quaffle Theatre since he was transfered from Mansfield Wolves back in Season 25, when Inquisitors were established.

Today we're saying goodbye to a legend of our club. And I personally am parting with my dear friend. KImball, it was a pleasure working with you. Hope you still have some great seasons ahead. said Rodak during the "Goodbye Meeting", held on Inquisitor's stadium. Ahmad was moved as well.

You think I am leaving a team? No, I am leaving my family. Eight seasons, that's something. I know I will always be welcome here, my heart will always be blue and white. said Ahmad, trying to hold off tears.

Derry Heirs didn't held conference when Ahmad arrived, they've only presented their new player in his new kit

This is without a doubt a very important day in Inquisitors history. But team has to leave the memories behind and focus on upcoming match - after two wins last week, they were able to grasp the second place in Bronze League 1. But today they are facing very important opponent - Grimsby Grindylows, currently 3rd - and the loser of this match might even drop out of the top 3.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Thu May 07, 2015 8:22 am

*Heard in Inquisitors' locker room, right after the match with Typhon, Season 33 matchday 7*

The silence was dreadful. One could hear a fly buzzing right under the lamp hanging from the ceiling and even it was terrified.
Rodak was furious. He was literally shaking with anger, grinding his teeth and fighting off the urge to just violently punch the wall, or worse, one of his players.

Congratulations. he muttered. I understand, that beating Grindylows three days ago was difficult. They are, after all, pretty solid. his voice was cold, eyes were ingoring his players, wandering from one point on the floor to another.

But your today's performance was just a complete failure. Losing to the FREAKING LAST TEAM IN TABLE, ARE YOU NOT ASHAMED?! this time Rodak violently and rapidly stepped towards Minerva Watson. She didn't even look at him, staring at her feet in shame.
Kerr, you know it's your fault. You're sloppy. We lost two matches this season because of your poor performance. Two matches. We could have been leaders. said coach, looking at Inquisitors' seeker, Falkner Kerr. She was crumpling her yellow captain band, as if it was a token of her poor performance. Get your shit together, for Merlin's sake, Kerr. I don't care what's going on in your private life. When you fly up on this broom, I expect 100% or even more, but certainly, not less.
Yes sir. she muttered as an answer. This somehow pleased Rodak, since he was silent for a moment. But it was merely a calm before the storm.

I can't believe we were not able to capitalize our advantage. All we had to do was to keep the quaffle. You made the same mistake as with Grindylows, Watson. he said sharply Do you know what "contain the quaffle" means, or do you not? It means to keep it and pass it on short distances and try to intercept it or even steal, when the other team has it. We were not playing counterdefensive tactic, Watson. And what were you doing? Waiting at the other half, hoping for a long pass. he snorted ironically. Bob! this time Rodak turned to his assistant, standing right behind him with a file full of notes.How many times did I tell Watson to fall back and help defense and wait for a short pass?

Bob quickly shuffled through his notes. I've got five exclamation marks, which means that you've probably said it about thirteen times. he explained.

Rodak left this without a comment. He shook his head with disbelief. Na co mi to było? Żona, dzieci...Trzeba było kurwa zostać prawnikiem, jak mamusia mówiła. Albo piekarzem. Z głodu bym nie umarł. he said in his native language, which confused his players.

You're all dismissed. Get to the showers, think about today's match and how you've all blew your chance to advance to silver this year. said Rodak and quickly grabbed his things. He left the room, shutting the doors behind him, when he noticed familiar face right under the doors. He forgot his name, but it was one of the "London Quidditch" journalists. Eavesdropper quickly ran however, but Inquisitors' coach was sure, that this story won't stay in the four walls of their locker room.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Wed May 13, 2015 6:19 am

From "London Quidditch"

1 KEEPER IN, 1 KEEPER OUT?

Yesterday Inquisitors finalised the deal between them and Windsor Whimsys. For only 11 005 Galleons, they've acquired talented Maddox McCann from the tradelist.

Maddox McCann wasn't really happy during the conference. Word is, he expected to play in higher leagues

I am very proud to announce, that Maddox is now a part of our team. He will be replacing our dear friend, Darian Shaw, who retires soon. - with these Words, Jonathan Woods, Inquisitors' owner presented their new player. In a rather shor conference, Luke Rodak, Inquisitors' coach explained, that he considers this deal "extremely lucky".

For such a low price we've acquired young and talented player. Yes, he might be lacking experience and that's why Darian will be our #1 till the end of the season, but starting Season 34, McCann will replace him

Such turn of events might shock, but also left a question: what about Livia McGregor, their B squad Keeper? Well, we didn't have to wait long for the answer from London. The same day they have announced, that she will be released to the tradelist to find a new team. This might get Inquisitors some profit, which will be crucial in the future. Currently they are 3rd in Bronze League 1, constantly fighting for the promotion spot. Whether they will be playing silver next season or stay in Bronze, without a doubt they will want to acquire the best players in the beginning of season 34 and certainly that's where money from Livia's transfer will be invested.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri May 22, 2015 5:38 am

From "London Quidditch"

MCGREGOR LEAVES INQUISITORS

It took some time, but finally Livia McGregor, 22 year old keeper of London Inquisitors, left her team today. She was transfered to Queensbury Heroes for 15 000 G. The price might be shocking, because just yesterday she was available on the tradelist for just 11 000 Galleons. But team from Queensbury was in a desperate need of a Keeper, after they've sold their previous talent, Ivy Hurst to Dublin Blackcats for surprising 39 000 Galleons.

McGregor left her team without a very special goodbye, since she played only in B squad and a few A squad matches. She will be swapping the 3rd team of Bronze League 1 for 6th team of Steel Division 2, but at least she can be certain that she will be able to play in every official match.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Tue May 26, 2015 12:41 pm

From "London Quidditch"

CHASERS GALORE

Yesterday Luke Rodak signed his new player. Karen McDermott, former Dublin Blackcats chaser, now wears a blue shirt with a white stripe. Inquisitors are 27 011 Galleons poorer, but now their squad lists five chasers.

We're in a great situation. Not only we have very skilled first squad, but our B team could easily win in lower leagues he explained during a small conference held to announce the transfer. I awlays wanted Inquisitors to become a quality team and we're on our way. I know that most of our fans are focused on the current struggle and our slight chance to advance this season, but I tend to think ahead. Even if this year we won't be able to jump into Silver, I am sure the in the next years we will be as strong as we are today, if not stronger.

Will Karen McDermott become an Inquisitors' star one day?

Rodak's words are full of optimism. For now Karen is replacing 29 y.o. Drake Lowe, but only in the friendly matches. Some people critize buying a player few weeks before pre-season, during which dozens of free agent players, coming from the teams that were not able to renew their licences, are available. But it's safe to say, that some of the deals are worth rapid decisions and this transfer might be one.

Return to “Roleplay”