Around London Inquisitors

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Re: Around London Inquisitors

Postby Orick » Sat May 30, 2015 6:38 am

From "London Quidditch"

WELCOME TO SILVER, INQUISITORS!

Clouds above Inquisitors last season were pretty grim. They've finished 11th without a real hope to achieve anything big. Their squad was solid, but struggling to keep up with top teams. There were rumours about Rodak leaving his team, or rather - being kicked out of it - but he carried on. Like a true general, he realised his mistakes and began changing his tactics and group squad. Selling Ahmad and Read and buying Ford and McAllister seemed like a mad move.

Fast forward a year. Few days after a very surprising yet decisive win against Aberdeen KinSlayers, Inquisitors were facing Luton Typhon. An easy match one could say, but Inquisitors lost to them already and this time the stake was ultimately high. Promotion to the Silver League. But Rodak made sre that his players were concentrated to the maximum of their capabilities and after Falkner Kerr caught a snitch, whole team went completely crazy.

Season 33 Bronze League 1 table, right after the last match of the season ended

It was very difficult to get to them, since right after being awarded silver medals they've immediately went back to London, to celebrate their promotion and their biggest achievement so far to London. We were able to get some statements there.

I am incredibly proud of my team. Last year we were just another team struggling to achieve anything and who was to say, that today I will be kissing my silver medal? I am in pure shock commented Rodak It was very intense season. I think the best I have ever seen and participated in. The competition was so close, it all came down to the last week and our match with KinSlayers. To be honest, I told my players, right before that match, that we've come so far, there will be no shame in losing, but we are able to make a difference and surprise. And a thing like that - we made it! And the fact that our rivals were so good, only makes the victory taste better.

Everyone in the team was extremely happy with their achievement, although Rodak's pessimism seems to be rooted in their heart, since a lot of them added, that this is but the beginning and next season will be difficult and challenging. But right now they are living their dream, the biggest surprise of Season 33, from 11th to promotion. Good job, Inquisitors and good luck!
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sun May 31, 2015 8:27 am

From "Zoom Quidditch"

RODAK: 'MID TABLE FINISH IS OUR GOAL'

London Inquisitors. Probably not many of you have heard of this team and there's absolutely no shame in that. Established in Season 25, this small team from London led by coach Luke Rodak, former star of various German Quidditch League teams and Polish national team, didn't make the big news. But as they step into the lights of the main stage, advancing to the "Big Three", into the Silver League, we would like to introduce them to our readers. We've invited Luke Rodak for a small interview.

Zoom Quidditch: Welcome, Luke! It's a big day for you and your team, isn't it?
Luke Rodak, London Inquisitors Manager: Hello, it's a pleasure to be here, thanks for the invitation. And yes, it is a very important day in our history as a team. We're debuting in Silver League.
ZQ: Not many of us recognize Inquisitors. Introduce your team to our readers, would you kindly?
LR: Sure! We're London Inquisitors, not a big team, established... eight... nine seasons ago. Not so many achievements in our history. To be honest the fact, that we're playing in Silver is actually our biggest achievement so far.
ZQ: I've searched some old publications of ours and I've found only scraps about Inquisitors. Few seasons ago you were considered a "retirement home" for players from Honour. Fairfax Brick, Noelle Shine... Those were some great names in the days and they were in some point in time playing for Inquisitors.
LR: That's right, but I've always thought that calling us "retirement home" was an insult, but not for us, but for those players, legends I could even say. Their experience really helped us and because of such transfers we are standing here, where we are. But as a matter of fact, our team now is completely different. Yes, there are some veterans in the main squad, but our young B team is very solid and I am sure that some of them will soon become our main stars.
ZQ: Just like Justine Cook?
LR: I know what you're refering to. Yes, we're selling Justine Cook, even though she was our B squad member for a long time. She just didn't met the expectations place upon her. She is a very fine player and I am sure she will soon find a team that will be able to exploit her talents. It's just not us.
ZQ: Back to the Silver. Have you scouted your rivals? What are your expectations for the upcoming season?
LR: Yes, we've made our homework. The competition is really firm, there are some very good teams in Silver, but we were expecting no less. We don't want to start revolution here. Mid table finish is our goal, avoiding relegation is a must and I will make sure that my players understand that.
ZQ: Once again you're facing some of the teams from Bronze, with which you were competing last year.
LR: That's right. And those are some really good squads and players to face. But as usual, we're looking for one opponent with a special grudge. I am talking about Chester Bennington. Our teams have a very rough history of rivalry and I think our fans demand much more of us when facing them. Last season saw the best of us, but we will see what this year brings.
ZQ: Any big transfers coming up? We know for a fact that you were trying to buy Fox Mathias, a very talented young seeker...
LR: Indeed we were, but the price was too high for our budget. I am sure that Fox will be happy in London Nemeth. As for future transfers, we have one special player in our hindsight, but I don't expect any changes in the main seven.
ZQ: Thank you very much for this little interview, Zoom Quidditch would like to wish you many successes in the future.
LR: My pleasure.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:45 pm

From "London Quidditch"

JUSTINE COOK: "I WANT THIS NIGHTMARE TO END!"

Even though London Inquisitors are having a good season, being able to keep up with the top 8 teams in Silver League, not every member of the group is happy. Justine Cook, their 22 year old chaser from USA gave a pretty harsh statement about her current status in the group.

"This is just absurd. I am not even playing in B squad in friendlies. I show up at the trainings and Rodak doesn't even want to give me a chance. And his comments about me not being able to keep up with other teammates... I think it's straight up scandalous. It's like I am in a movie or something. I want this nightmare to end!" she said during meeting with our journalist. She is right: she didn't play a single match in a few weeks and it doesn't look like this will change soon.

"If they want to sell me, they should just do it. But Rodak and Woods, you know, the owner, has just made their personal goal to have any advantage of me. It's been almost three months since I was put up on the tradelist. First they wanted 17k Galleons, no one showed up. Then 15k. Then 13. And now they've understood that despite buying me for 12 500 they won't be able to sell me at a better price, they've finally put me up for 11k. It's humiliating. I am not some kind of a popsicle or a Klondike Bar, that they can show off in their shop."

Her anger seems to be completely understandable and the numbers she is presenting are accurate. But it seems she is still not getting any attention from other clubs and she is forced to waste her talent.

We've written about Cook's transfer in our newspaper. Nothing foreshadowed the current drama.

Both Rodak and Woods didn't want to give any official statement. "Yes, Justine is for sale. That's all that matters. If no one is going to buy her, it's our problem." said Woods.

But when we've shown Rodak Cook's statements mentioned above, he got really angry. "Oh, so now when you lack talent you decide to go to the press? Very smart of her, just like these celebrities nowdays. No matter what you do, it's all about being in the newspapers. If only Cook was as hardworking on her training as she is in communciating with you guys, we wouldn't have problems selling her. Heck, she could even play for our team. But I think that the best comment here should be: No one wants to buy Cook. That tells a lot. And either she is going to work hard to change that, or she can part ways with us anytime."

Tension between Cook and her team is being said to reach it's peak. Justine didn't show up on the training yesterday and club decided to punish this behavior with a fine. But it begs a question: should they treat a player like that with a stick, or rather with a carrot?
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:52 am

From "Zoom Quidditch" section about Silver League: "Silver Pages"

RODAK'S GAMBLE

London Inquisitors made quite a revolution in their B squad. As 18 y.o. Windsor Whimsys player, Shirley Mahmood joins the team fr 15k Galleons, Morton Irvine is being said to become... A seeker. A former beater seems to be pretty curious about this recent change.

Shirley Mahmood

"When our coach approached me and said 'Hey Irvine, don't take the bat today, we'll be doing something different' I first thought 'Wow, we're going for a lunch'? I love to eat. But well, it was about becoming a seeker. I don't know how I feel about that. It will be something new, for sure".

It seems that Rodak's decision was made a few weeks ago, since Inquisitors' trade with Whimsys was a natural catalyst for such a change. It is not very uncommon, however, to make changes like that (Mona Duffy, does it ring a bell?) and it's certainly better to make this shift as early in the player's career as possible. But will this rapid decision pay off? We might see in a season or two, when current B squad will start replacing current main seven in Inqusitors' lineup.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:15 pm

twas a night before matchday, when all through Woods' house
ran Inqusitors coach Rodak, quiet like a mouse
Woods looked at him shocked, all curious but calm
and before Rodak ran past over, he stopped at a palm
"What's the hurry my friend" Woods asked his colleague
"Justine was just sold! We're back in the league!"
Rodak's face was shining, for he came through hell
trying to sell Cook, before her price fell
"Gryphons have bought her, they've paid Galleons galore
All twelve thousand coins, though I wanted more"
Woods clapped his hands and smiled with a pride
"Come on, my dear coach, I am taking you for a ride!"
So they took their small brooms, however that sounds gay
And before their wives found them, they flew far away

// So yeah, I sold Justine Cook to Manchester Gryphoons for 12k Galleons. I know that this poem is technically terrible, but I just wanted to make a newsflash quickly :D
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Hahahaha what a bloody amazing poem, oh man I'm cracking up :lol: :lol: :lol:
Such a good transition from the tense and serious reports before, to this incredible poem :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bravo!
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Thank you very much. As a matter of fact I tend to write such shorts, not necessarily poems, in Polish. I had fun writing a small funny thing like that in English as well :D
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Orick wrote:Thank you very much. As a matter of fact I tend to write such shorts, not necessarily poems, in Polish. I had fun writing a small funny thing like that in English as well :D

Not too bad, either.

Deatheater knew he had galleons to spare,
So he bought a chaser with blonde hair,
He shouted with glee
After a transfer thought meant to be.

He was sure it was the best deal
And went out with his team for a fancy meal
And he thought this much happiness was rare,
But little did he know, the other manager was laughing in the air.

Lol
Last edited by Deatheater on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:51 am

From "Zoom Quidditch"

5TH PLACE SATISFIES RODAK

Season 34 is over, and with 38 wins and 22 loses, Inquisitors finished in the 5th place of Silver League. Luke Rodak made sure that his team was pretty solid throughout whole year, not making any rapid decisions or surprising trades.

Our goal was to finish in the upper half of the league and we've made it, I am very proud of my team he stated during a meeting with our reporter This gives us a shot for a promotion spot this year, but of course it will be tough. Nothing's set in stone, it's quidditch, but I will make sure that Inquisitors do their best.

But it seems that season 35 will also be the end of Arleen Ford's career. Yesterday she announced her retirement and even commented on her sexuality, which she didn't comment so very often:

It was a great adventure, I've met many incredible people, who later became my friends. I've even met my wife while playing quidditch and learned to be open about my homosexuality. It was a hell of a ride, but it's time to end this beautiful tale. What will I do? I don't know, maybe I will help my wife in her foundation?

Arleen finishing her career is a big news for the team. Rodak already announced, that Ford will be playing whole season in the main squad, but it seems that next year it will be Shirley Mahmood, a young Inquisitors' talent, that will replace retiring veteran.

Shirley Mahmood is still waiting for her debut. It might be sooner than expected!

Arleen was always a hero to me. Being able to play in one team with her, train with her was like achieving a dream. Heck, I even have a haircut based on her, call me a copycat! I will work hard to make sure, that I am a proper replacement. said Mahmood.

This season in silver will without a doubt be a tense one. A lot of very good and solid teams, desperate to jump into Gold League offers a great rivalry and interesting matches. Will Inquisitors be able to finish in the top three? We will see pretty soon.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 am

From "Daily Prophet"

INTERVIEW WITH LUKE RODAK

Recent "Golden Broom Media Award" winner, Luke Rodak is the coach of Quidditch team called London Inquisitors. We've managed to meet him and talk about his recent success.

Daily Prophet: Hello there and congratulations on winning the very first Media Award! Were you expecting it?
Luke Rodak: When I heard I was nominated and my only competitor was the one I actually nominated, the manager of Alchemist, I cannot say I was not hoping to win. But this is something really big for me and I am very thankful to everyone who voted for me.
DP: Well, press really likes you. You were one of the people that invented and started Golden Brooms, but of course being a coach you cannot be in the heart of everything. How would you describe the experience of working on Golden Brooms?
LR: Well it lives it's own life, doesn't it? Managers nominate and choose the winners, there's not much to do apart from keeping it all together. The Awards actually aren't as popular as they were in the beginning, but I really hope that it's just a rough patch.
DP: And how is your team? Being Media person is one thing, but leading a Quidditch group is completely different.
LR: We're doing fine. We had a bad start and now we're trying to repair the damage done. We're in a pretty solid place right now, 7th position is quite alright. I think we won't be able to get the promotion this season, but I reckon we have a fine season ahead.
DP: How is it that a manager of a Quidditch team in Silver League is so active in the press? Don't get me wrong, but it's usually the Honour League teams that get all the attention.
LR: One could say you're right, but not totally. Yes, it's obvious that the best teams are the ones most interesting, but on the other hand, a lot of Quidditch fans also follow lower leagues. What is more, Honour League coaches sometimes tend to remain silent, trying not to disturb themselves and their teams with the media attention. I on the other hand want to get all the publicity I can and turn it into profit. Maybe it's a thing I learned in German League, Quidditch is much less popular there, but if you want to exist in the sports world, you just have to make sure you're interesting. It seems that here, in UK it can also pay off.
DP: Speaking of your history, you're a former Polish national team player. How are you feeling about opening our league to the Polish players?
LR: It's fantastic! There are so many young talents back in Poland who never get the recognition. You know, we only have two Quidditch leagues in Poland and some of these lads could benefit from joining the best Quidditch Association in the World. I cannot wait to work with some Polish youth, it will be really exciting!
DP: Any plans for the future, now that you have the Media Award?
LR: Yes, me and one of my former players were thinking about opening an Academy Team, you know, based only on loans. Giving young players from upper leagues a chance to play full season outside their home club. But it's a longshot which requires a lot of free time, which I might not be getting. But who knows what future will bring.
DP: Thank you very much for this conversation, it was really a pleasure to meet you in person, mister Rodak.
LR: Anytime!

Return to “Roleplay”