Around London Inquisitors

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Re: Around London Inquisitors

Postby Orick » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:08 pm

From "Zoom Quidditch"

TENSIONS IN INQUISITORS' LOCKER ROOM

After 9 matchdays London Inquisitors are currently 8th in Silver league, despite their goals and promises to fight for promotion. After some surprising defeats, rumours about an ongoing crisis began to appear. But our informators in the club state, that these are not merely whispers in the corners, but a regular conflict between some of the players and the coach.

Current Inquisitors squad, from up left: Falkner Kerr, Morton Irvine, Arleen Ford, Vivian Fraser, Shirley Mahmood. Down left: Bradley McAllister, Drake Lowe, Minerva Watson, Halbert Marshall, Karen McDermott, Maddox McCann

Although no one in the team officially commented on these gossips, we've managed to sneak into Inquisitors' training session. The atmosphere was calm, but silent. Everyone seemed to be hardworking, but no real joy of the play and friendliness between the team members was noted. "It looked more like a work camp" commented our informator, after being expelled from the Quaffle Theatre "You know, usually the silence in the training sessions mean 100% focus. But this looked much more like a sadness or a cold war."

Luke Rodak, who've recently won the Media Award, denied all of the accusations. "A crisis? A conflict? This is poor journalism, I'd say. Yes, we're all quite unhappy with our current standings and I demand much more from my players, but I think the press is reading way too much into that."

But are Rodak's words merely a smoke to cover the tensions in his team? Our informators from inside the club suggest, that next season will be revolutionary for Inquisitors: "I think we might expect some shuffling. With Ford retiring, young but unexperienced Mahmood will take her place. But it's not the only change. I think we might see Falkner Kerr finally stepping down, since he was biggest trouble for the team for a long time. Morton Irvine is very eager to play. As for chasers, I have no idea, Watson is Rodak's favourite and her position is solid and so is Lowe's. But McAllister isn't getting any younger and most likely he will be placed on the tradelist." Such changes might indicate a worse time for the team as well, since veteran and experienced players will be replaced by young rookies. "Nothing's certain, but with these changes, Inquisitors ambitions will have to be put aside. Also, Inquisitors' Academy might need a refreshement. Giolitti is a fine player, but he won't be staying in the team. The moment he hits 20, he will most likely be sold"

There are many questions to be asked regarding Inquisitors, but knowing Woods and Rodak, we won't ve getting any answers, until the team managers decide to take any action. But will it pay off in the long run?

Editors' note: Right after informing Inquisitors' owners about publishing this text, team decided to part ways with their keeper's coach, George Brown, accusing him of leaking confidential informations to the press. "Zoom Quidditch" doesn't confirm nor deny any connections with mister Brown and doesn't confirm nor deny, that mister Brown was an informator mentioned in the text
Last edited by Orick on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:26 am

From "Daily Prophet"

QUIDDITCH PLAYER A VICTIM OF VANDALISM

Falkner Kerr, 31 y.o. quidditch player, currently a seeker in London Inquisitors, was a victim of an act of vandalism act last night. His house was covered in black paint and windows were shattered. What is more, his garden was devastated and hooligans dropped a big pile of an yet unknown substance, similiar to the dragon's faeces right in front of the main gate to the Kerr's residence.

Authorities report to have a "few leads" considering the identity of the perpetrators. They were most likely London Inquisitors' fans, well known for their aggresive behaviour. Their team lost two matches in a row and the analysts state, that the main reason of these outcoumes was Kerr's poor performance, who was not able to catch a snitch to guarantee her teams' win.

It is not the first time, when Inquisitors hooligans commit an act of vandalism. Last season few of them were arrested after a street brawl with fans of the rival team, Chester Bennington. Both team's coach and owners already apologised for their behaviour and promise to "help find the guility hooligans." They've also already hired additional security on their stadium, but it begs a question, whether keeping the stadium safe will provide the same thing for their players.
Last edited by Orick on Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:43 am

Aaand I'm locking my bedroom door tonight. Awesome idea, loved it! But just saying, usually the vandalism is to other teams... When your players play badly, you throw rotten stuff and garbage at them during games. Examples: apple cores, paper towel, cans, water bottles, rotten fruit and vegetables, stuff like that. But this is cool. You could continue this roleplay too.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:04 am

I am a fan of AC Milan, I know how fans can manifest their unhappiness :D But I just wanted Kerr to be the victim, since she was the one to blame.
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:54 am

Orick wrote:I am a fan of AC Milan, I know how fans can manifest their unhappiness :D But I just wanted Kerr to be the victim, since she was the one to blame.

Lol okay makes sense. You know what, I think I'm going to get my manager into some trouble. Sometimes, rivalries go too far. ;)
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:16 am

From "London Quidditch"

INQUISITORS ON THE RUN, GIOLITTI FAILS ACADEMY TESTS

Even though Inquisitors were struggling in the very beginnings of this seasons, second half of it goes quite the opposite. They're undefeated since matchday 20, when they've lost by 30 points against Nottingham Hoodies. But since that match, they were able to win against Portsmouth Phoenixes or London Lapins Club Francais, which is quite an achievement, given their record this year. This winning streak lifted Inquisitors to a precious 3rd place in League, which means that if The Azures, as fans call this team, will be able to keep their mometum going, they will perform in Gold League next season.

"We don't have a reason to celebrate yet" - calms Luke Rodak, coach of the Inquisitors "Yes, we're doing great lately and wins against the very best in our league were more that priceless for us, but there's still a lot of work to do. We need to secure a good finish and if we succeed - then we can think about opening the champagne"

Inquisitors are preparing for a decisive match against Grimsby Grindylows, who are only two wins behind.

In the other news, Pellegrino Giolitti, the very first graduate of the Inquisitors Academy... failed the tests that every player aspiring to become the main squad member has to pass. This means, that he was immediately put up on the tradelist and is up for grabs for interested teams, for 10 000 G min. bid.

Well, I am angry at myself, that's for sure. It wasn't a mystery, that these tests are difficult to pass. Everyone in the Academy was preparing me and working their best, but I failed them. Mr Rodak and Woods were pretty friendly and comforted me after the results, they're great people and I will surely miss them. I just hope that another team will be interested to sign me and that this failure is not the end of my career. commented Giolitti, few hours after the tests results.

Inquisitors Academy Tests are obligatory for every graduate of Inquisitors Aademy, when they're 18 and 20 years old. Passing the exam means a guaranteed contract to join the squad and a chance to play in the B team, but failing means transfer to another team. Tests are also required for newly bought players (two separate tests for players under 20 and under 22 years old). They consist of 3 parts: Physical (Health tests), Mental (psychological tests) and a Skill test (depending on the position of the player). It's being said, that Giolitti failed only the Skill test.
Last edited by Orick on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:13 am

From "London Quidditch"

INQUISITORS ADVANCE TO GOLD

It was a hell of a season. Inquisitors had their up and downs, but as usual, the second half of the year made them shine and win matches, that no one ever thought they could. Phoenixes, Lapins Club Francais, Nottingham Hoodies... But their hard work finally payed off - with the 3rd place in Silver League, London Inquisitors will play in the Gold League next year, knocking on the Honour's League door.

Our fans wanted it, I wanted it, our players wanted it... and we've made it! It was a very difficult season for us, many tough matches and black moments. But it's all in the past, we've prevailed as a team and were awarded for our benediction. explained Rodak to our reporters.

Silver League Season 35 final standings

All of the Inquisitors fans and players were celebrating throughout the whole city, announcing their success. Their history might be short, and trophy cabinet still empty, but no one can deny them their skills and devotion to the game.

We've all dreamed about it. You know, me and Watson, we've been in this team since the beginnings. My days at Quaffle Theatre might be over soon, but I feel acomplished. It was a long way for me to stand where I stand, but I am proud of myself and the team. said Falkner Kerr, team captain, who will be most likely leaving the team soon, replaced by younger Morton Irvine. He is not the only one to part ways with Inquisitors, as we've learned.

I know some people say that you should never change the winning squad, but it's now or never sharply explained Jonathan Woods, Inquisitors owner. I've talked about it with Rodak a lot and we have to add some fresh breeze to the main seven. Fans might not appreciate this, but it's what has to be done. There's a tough season ahead, trying to compete in Golden League and not be relegated and that will be our only goal.

Apart from Falkner Kerr, Inquisitors will have to replace Arleen Ford, who retired this season and Bradley McAllister, who already stated, that his body is not able to whitstand the pace of the game. Maybe it's time to hang up my broom? Who knows. I will decide in the next few days he said.

With these changes, Inquisitors will look almost as a completely different team. Will they be able to kepp up with the level of Golden League with their rookies? That's a question that will know it's answer probably very soon.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:34 pm

Artykuł z "Quidditch! Magazyn" - jedynego w Polsce czasopisma o Quidditchu (artykuł na pierwszej stronie).

MŁODZI POLACY W CHAMPIONSHIP

Odkąd w zeszłym sezonie Ministerstwo Quidditcha oraz władze ligi Quidditcha w Anglii zdecydowali się dopuścić Polaków do gry w ich rozgrywkach, wielu utalentowanych zawodników dniem i nocą pracowali, by któraś z akademii drużyn którejś z lig zdecydowała się przyjąć ich w swe szeregi. Nie wszyscy mieli tyle szczęścia - poziom rozgrywek w Anglii jest najwyższy na świecie, a Championship nie bez powodu uznawana jest za najbardziej prestiżową klasę rozgrywek na całym globie. Mimo to garstka wybrańców już w tym miesiącu rozpocznie treningi w Wielkiej Brytanii. Chociaż część zawodników swoje starania zacznie w najniższych klasach rozgrywek, utalentowana młodzież dołączyła do Akademii najlepszych drużyn z tak zwanej "Wielkiej Trójki" - trzech najwyższych lig Championship. Oto oni:

Honorata Wilczek - Preston Pokemon (Silver League - 3 liga brytyjska)
Hanna Słowakiewicz - London Inquisitors (Gold League - 2 liga brytyjska)
Bogdan Taczka - Dundee Mifflins (Honour League - 1 liga brytyjska)

Zawodników tych już teraz nazywa się "przyszłością polskiego Quidditcha" i wszyscy eksperci są zgodni: nie znaleźli się w Championship przypadkiem.
"To absolutnie najlepsi zawodnicy w Polsce. To dla nich wielka szansa, której tutaj, nad Wisłą, mogliby nigdy nie zdobyć" - tłumaczy Tomasz Talik, selekcjoner kadry narodowej. Nasza redakcja miała także szansę porozmawiać z Łukaszem Rodakiem, trenerem London Inquisitors, który pod swoje skrzydła przyjął Hannę Słowakiewicz:

To było moje marzenie, pracować z młodzieżą z Polski! Niesamowicie ucieszyłem się na wieść, że nasi zawodnicy będą mogli ubiegać się o status zawodnika w Championship. Natychmiast wysłałem skautów do Polski, żeby znaleźć wartych uwagi zawodników. Nie zawiodłem się. Walczyłem co prawda o Bogdana Taczkę, ale, co zrozumiałe, chłopak wybrał ofertę z Dundee. Hanna Słowakiewicz to również znakomita dziewczyna, ma niesamowite zdolności i liczę na to, że jej ciężka praca pozwoli jej kiedyś zastąpić Maddoxa McCanna na pozycji bramkarza w mojej drużynie.

Niewątpliwie będziemy obserwować nasze młode wilki podczas ich zmagań w Championship. To wielki dzień dla polskiego Quidditcha i wielka szansa na to, by zapewnić dobrą przyszłość tej dyscyplinie.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's the translation by one of the Inquisitors' fan, who wanted everyone to know how Polish newspapers commented on recent events, concerning welcoming Polish players to Championship:

And article from "Quidditch! Magazine" - the only newspaper about Quidditch in Poland (first page article)

YOUNG POLES IN CHAMPIONSHIP

When last year the Ministry of Quidditch and the authorities of Quidditch League in Englad decided to allow Poles to play in the competition, many talented players worked day and night, hoping that one of the Academies from one of the leagues will decide to accept them into their ranks. Not everyone was lucky - the level of the competition in England is the highest in the world, and Championship is not without a reason considered the most prestigous around the globe. Nevertheless, this month, a few of the chosen ones will start their trainings in the Great Britain. Despite the fact, that a part of the players will start their efforts in the lowest leagues, the talented youth joined the Academies of the best teams from so called "Big Three" - three of the best leagues in the Championship. Here they are:

Honorata Wilczek - Preston Pokemon (Silver League - 3rd British league)
Hanna Słowakiewicz - London Inquisitors (Gold League - 2nd British league)
Bogdan Taczka - Dundee Mifflins (Honour League - 1st British league)

These players are already called "the future of Polish Quidditch" and all of the experts agree: they didn't find themselves in the Championship only by a chance.
"They are absolutely the best players in Poland. It's a big chance for them, that they could never get here, by the Vistula river"" - explains Tomasz Talik, coach of the national team. Our journalist had a chance to talk to Łukasz Rodak, the coach of the London Inquisitors, who took Hanna Słowakiewicz under his guidance:

It was my dream, to work with youth from Poland! I was extremely happy when I heard, that our players will be able to apply for a player status in Championship. I've immediately sent scouts to Poland, to find some valuable players. I was not dissapointed. I was, however, fighting for Bogdan Taczka, but understandably, the boy chose offer from Dundee. Hanna Słowakiewicz is also an excellent girl, she has amazing skills and I really hope, that her hard work will let her replace Maddox McCann on the keeper's position one day in my team.

Without a doubt we will observe our young wolves while they struggle in Championship. It's a big day for Polish Quiddith and a great chance to make a better future in this sport.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:19 am

From "Zoom Quidditch"

BEDDOE JOINS INQUISITORS

Beating their previous record for the highest transfer (Drake Lowe - 29 846 G), Inquisitors acquire new player. It's controversial chaser, Juliet Beddoe, known for her charactiristic hairstyle, cocky attitude and innapropriate comments.

Yeah, I've heard of them before. I am very happy to come to London, it's an awesome city, there's a lot to do. And Inquisitors shirt already matches my hair, now that's a funny coincidence! I will do my best in my new team. said Juliette, after signing with her new team. She didn't seem too happy about the place she is currently in, but so was Carlton Read, current beater of Dundee Mifflins, who became a star during his time with Inquisitors. Is this a good sign?

Juliet Beddoe is up to a rough start with the supporters of her new club.

The Azures had to pay 68446 to make sure, that a new chaser joins their squad, but this amount of money also sparked a very unpleasant discussions among the fans.

Almost 70 000 galleons for someone, who is just to replace Drake Lowe?! That's a farce! What about Karen McDermott?! Is she going to be sold too? I can't believe we're loosing Drake, I dare to say he was the main gear in this whole machine. Did Rodak and Woods lose their minds?! we heard from one of the Inquisitors fan. His team is currently selling all their former stars: Falkner Kerr, Bradley McAllister and now Drake Lowe. Pelegrino Giolittti and Chester Prowse, members of their Academy who failed the infamous "Academy Tests" are also on the tradelist. This made a lot of Inquisitors' fans furious but also worried, about the future of their team. Both Rodak and Woods didn't want to comment on that, dodging the question with generic statements about focusing on the upcoming matches and how Juliet Beddoe is going to become a new leader, worthy of replacing Drake Lowe. But is she really?
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:11 pm

Orick wrote:And Inquisitors shirt already matches my hair, now that's a funny coincidence!

That's exactly what I first thought when I saw her!

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club

Return to “Roleplay”