Around London Inquisitors

Get creative and develop stories around your team, players and staff.
Ripp
Captain
Team Name: Newcastle Gunslingers, Poole Koerakoonlased

Re: Around London Inquisitors

Postby Ripp » Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:25 am

Thank You for the kind words!

The Gunsligers have always been thrilled to play against Inquisitors, and every time we see Inquisitors offering a friendly, our players get all excited. Playing against one team makes the progress visible too, as Deatheater pointed out. In 10 games, we've scored just a little more goals than You scored in the first game, but the caps are really getting smaller. We've been playing with 4 substitute players, but for this one special occasion we'll field our best team. Ye be warned!
Newcastle Gunslingers
"We deal in lead, friend."
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Postby Orick » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:54 pm

From "Zoom Quidditch"

INQUISITORS CLINCH HONOUR LEAGUE

Two weeks before the end of the season, London Inquisitors are the 3rd team after Harrogate Villains and Preston Pokemon to secure their promoting spot. This means, that "The Azures" will be playing in Honour League next year, for the first time in their history.

If anyone would ask me, what fullfilling your dreams feel like, I can certainly explain now. I am proud to announce, that next year, London Inquisitors will compete in the highest of leagues, The Honour League. with these words Rodak announced his team's big success. In the 13th season of their history, The Azures are making the history and joining the elite.

This certainly is something. It was an incredible journey, one, that I would never change for another glory. It's for the moments like these, that I love this sport. Vivian Fraser, who was with the Inquisitors since their very beginnings, explained.

It will without a doubt be a very challening season, the next one. But this recent victory might give a special boost for Inquisitors and who knows, maybe the newbies will cause a surprise next year?
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Deniz87
Captain
Team Name: Paddock Wood Fairies

Postby Deniz87 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:09 pm

Congrats Inquisitors!
PADDOCK WOOD FAIRIES | :Iron1st: S.39 :Steel1st: S.42
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:27 pm

From "Daily Prophet"

INTERVIEW WITH LUKE RODAK

Luke "Orick" Rodak, coach of the London Inquisitors and recent winner of the Golden Broom Media Award found some time to talk with us about his job, his current team standing and the future of Quiddicht. I hope that our readers will enjoy this little talk.

DAILY PROPHET: Welcome, Luke! It's nice to see you again, after two years of break. Another Media Award will now decorate your office!
LUKE RODAK: Hello, Daily Prophet! Yes, once again I've managed to win the Award, although the competition was extremely tough. I guess my recent involvement with making quidditch magazines more popular around the world might have won me this one. Still I am very grateful for every vote in my favour.
DP: Doesn't it hurt that you personally have more cups and awards than your team?
LR: What kind of question is that? Of course it doesn't hurt I see no reason to even compare my work as a Media person, altough it is a part of my job and the work that Inquisitors are doing. Even though we have no trophies in our cabinet we've achieved a lot. We're now an Honour League team and that means a lot. I think we don't have anything to be ashamed of. Next question please.
DP: Well, since you've started it... How is your team doing now? After a spectacular win with Dursleys on matchday one, Inquisitors seem to be in a recess...
LR: You're right, we might've gotten overjoyed and too cocky after this unexpected win against very difficult rivals. What's even more funny, our lates win was also with a team from the top of the League, Vultures. I guess my players get really focused when it comes to games with the big guys.
DP: Were you expectng more or less coming to Honour?
LR: Well, we knew it will be tough, but we had no idea, that things will actually look like that. Every match is a real struggle for us and even though my players are giving everything they have, it's not enough very often. Right now we're trying to avoid relegation and I really hope that our hard work will get us there.
DP: So no Trophies for now?
LR: *laughs* No, certainly not. But to be honest staying in Honour league is an achievement itself. Knowing that you're one of the best teams in the world means something. Although I do hope that future holds some surprises for us.
DP: Are you prepared to compete? You didn't make a single transfer this season.
LR: That is true, although I cannot say we were inactive. We've send several direct offers for certain players, but naturally teams are not eager to part ways with their stars, even for a big sum of money. But we didn't say our last word yet. And, after all, our current squad is pretty solid.
DP: What are your thoughts about disputed changes to the laws of the game? Wider lineups, rotations during the matches and most importantly, banning the healing spells Do you think that enabling injuries is a good way to go?
LR: First of all, it's not a total ban on healing spells, just the ones that work rapidly. We all know that their consequences are pretty dire. Most of the former quidditch players have incredible problems with their bones and muscles when they reach 40. I believe that even though banning some of the spells and medicaments from the game might result in these injuries you speak of, but also they might ease the pain once Quidditch players end their careers. A fun, or rather grim, fact: yesterday I had a meeting with two of my friends from German Quidditch League - in which these spells and elixirs are banned from a long time - Gerhard Schneider and Adam Amsel. We're all over 50 years old now and we have absolutely no problems with our bodies, even though we've suffered pretty grim injuries back in the day. Later I've met with Fairfax Brick, my former player, who is advancing to 40. And believe it or not, poor fellow has to rely on special balms just to make the pain from his many times rapidly re-grown knee stop. I think it's the players like him that make the Authorities of British Quidditch League think about putting the safety of the players and their happy and calm retirement above all.
DP: That is very good point, Luke. Is there anything else you would like to see changed regarding the rules?
LR: Yes, I think we need an official Loan system. Right now it's a mix between direct negotiation and transfers, but players cannot be oficially put on the "Loan" list and their comeback is more a result of a "gentlemen agreement" than anything else. I really hope this matter will be resolved with official rules and terms.
DP: Thank you very much for this conversation, it was a pleasure!
LR: The pleasure is all mine! Thank you very much.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 am

From "London Quidditch"

INQUISITORS ARE HERE TO STAY

After rather disappointing season, London Inquisitors finish their very first year in Honour league right above the relegation spots, on 13th place. Fans are certainly not pleased with this performance and some even speculate, that without better coaching, Luke Rodak might be out of job soon.

"We've done our job and for that I am thankful. Of course we wre hoping for more, and next season might be even more challenging than this one. We will be working hard and hope for the best" with this quite blurry and non-specific comment, Luke Rodak summed up past year. His team didn't see many changes - apart from buying very young keeper, István Hencsei and selling two players from their academy: Sandra Howell and Hanna Słowakiewicz, their lineup wasn't changed. It looks like Rodak already is thinking about creating a new team, rather than improving the current one, while desperately trying not to be relegated to Gold League. His efforts so far are succesful, however fans are certainly hoping for much better results. And without some major changes in the main lineup, we might not see new quality from the Azures soon.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:58 pm

From "Zoom Quidditch"

SURPRISING LEADERS

With a surprising 4 wins in 4 matches, Inquisitors are preparing for matchday 3 of Quidditch Championship in Honour League. It's not just a matter of luck, since they've beaten such teams as Dundee Mifflins, Dudley Dursleys, Rotherham Rooks and Britsol Bangtails, who are considered as very demanding rivals. It seems that the purchase of April Webb, who joined The Azures for 80 000 Galleons was the change this team needed. Who were to say, that Inquisitors, who last year barely avoided relegation, now would lead the table?

I am very proud of my players, but let's not be too hasty, it's but the beginning of a season calms down Luke Rodak, Inquisitors' coach Yes, it is a fine record we have so far, but we have 56 matches to play. Anything can happen. Of course I believe that we can keep up the momentum and score more victories along the way, but it's a difficult one for sure.

Inquisitors will face Portsmouth Phoenixes today and then they're off to Preston, for a match with Pokemon. It's a real test for them to prove, that this beginning wasn't just a falsestart, but a real display of their skills and aspirations.
Orick
All-Star

Postby Orick » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:34 pm

Archival article on the Fall of the Inquisitors from “Zoom Quidditch”

The Fall of the Inquisitors

When looking at the history of Quidditch teams in London, one cannot ignore London Inquisitors – or “The Azures”, as their fans called them. This team started as a semi-pro Quidditch team in Season 25, slowly advancing throughout the years. In season 37 they’ve made their way up to the top and claimed the hot spot in Gold League, advancing to the Honour League. The team did not achieve any great success, but it’s owners were very active in the press and media, thus contributing to popularize Quidditch and unite all of the people in the industry. Inquisitors coach throughout these years – Luke Rodak – however not quite known for his deeds on the pitch, was a very popular person back then, organizing many social events for Quidditch fans and press, including the Golden Broom Awards – a special event for press and managers in the world of Quidditch to appreciate their players and colleagues.

It was, however, season 38 when the owners of London Inquisitors decided to sell their team to foreign investors – American Broom Travels - who were not really interested in the game, but wanted to use Inquisitor’s fame and Rodak’s popularity in the industry to their own marketing schemes. This started an open conflict with Luke Rodak who was always interested in the game in the first place, and the media in the second and was not happy to become American investors’ mascot. Rodak was quickly sacked and a new coach – Larry Barrows – took over the team. Barrows rule was quite successful for the team, resulting in 6th place in Honour League in season 39 for Inquisitors. However, new owners of the club were not interested in investing in the team, blocking Barrows’ efforts to get new players to the lineup.
Soon it was revealed, that the American Broom Travels syphoned the money that team was making on Quidditch and transferred it to their own, private accounts, basicly stealing it from the team. Such actions are forbidden by the World Quidditch Association and resulted in fining the team. American Broom Travels were, however, not interested in paying the fine and soon next penalties occurred. Finally, in season 40, American Broom Travels did not file a registration of London Inquisitors to season 41, thus disbanding the team. Despite the players’ and fans’ efforts to keep the team running, the officials were forced to delete the team and end it’s history in Season 41.

As for Luke Rodak, the former Polish player and German League star came back to Poland to train Polish National Youth Team, however, without greater effects. After two years of training with the youth he was proposed to lead the Polish National Team, but he declined the offer. “Inquistors were my whole life. My heart was broken when I was forced to left London, Quidditch does not satisfy me anymore” he explained back then. Soon he decided to end his coaching career and left Polish National Youth Team. He died few years after.

The history of London Inquisitors makes for a great story about passion, reaching your dreams and sharing the love of Quidditch. Luke Rodak’s efforts to popularize Quidditch and Golden Broom Awards made for a great chapter in the history of this sport. It is also a warning to other teams, to choose their partners carefully and not to give away their legacy into wrong hands. As a bittersweet ending one can only note, that American Broom Travel bankrupted few years later, giving former fans of London Inquisitors a little bit of closure and revenge.

Return to “Roleplay”