Greetings, fellow managers.

New here? Jot down a line or two, telling us about you!

How many Excel spreadsheets do you have related to Quidditch Manager?

None, because that's insane!
35%
None, but that's a great idea.
30%
Only the one.
17%
Two or three
17%
Four or five
No votes
Six or seven
No votes
Eight or more!
No votes

Total votes: 23
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Re: Greetings, fellow managers.

Postby Speedy » Mon May 05, 2014 10:58 pm

matthueycamo wrote:
SpeedyReedy wrote:
matthueycamo wrote:It's interesting how you have full squads in all your teams. The only time I have ever had a full squad was for about 3 matchdays when I was putting my starting players up for sale.

Yeah, I usually field the spares in B-squad games, hoping that they might make it into the A-squad.

BTW, if anyone wants a Keeper, the Dundee Mifflins have far too many! :P

I will give you 5 G for the lot!

That's quite an offer there! I can't wait to expand my stadium by 0 seats and not buy myself that dragon I've been looking at!
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 pm

SpeedyReedy wrote:
matthueycamo wrote:I will give you 5 G for the lot!

That's quite an offer there! I can't wait to expand my stadium by 0 seats and not buy myself that dragon I've been looking at!

You should be grateful, if it was anyone else I would offer 3G. But for you special price 5G.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Sun May 18, 2014 7:23 am

SpeedyReedy wrote:Now that I've been here a while, I realise that my introductory post was more about my teams and less about myself. I am a student at UBC, majoring in History. I was born in Canada and have lived in British Columbia since 2008. I live with my girlfriend who I have been seeing for 2 years and we basically spend all of our free time playing video games and watching movies. Recently we completed LEGO LotR and loved it. Today we started Borderlands 2 (Woo, PlayStation Plus!) having completed everything from Borderlands GOTY except for Crawmerax.

I actually don't consider myself a die-hard Harry Potter fan, but really like the site and have been playing football (soccer) management games since 1998 (USM 98/99, various Championship Manager titles, Football Manager from 2005 to 2014, and then manager mode on FIFA/PES from time to time. I also really like Fantasy Football and play the World Cup one every four years - which I think we should all do!) When playing this game, I forget that it is even related to Harry Potter - which I think is good because it shows that the site is better than just a fanclub of the books. Anyway, that is all for now. Peace out, internet strangers!

Updated my original post to include an actual introduction. Greetings, all!
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:08 pm

Happy Birthday to me! (Not my actual birthday)

Bristol Badgers (founded 25th March 2014) - Started in Oak Division, currently 1st in Gold League.
Dudley Dursleys (founded 29th March 2014) - Started in Sapling Series, Top 5 Honour League team (4th season in Honour).
Dundee Mifflins (founded 2nd April 2014) - Started in Sapling Series, Current Honour League Champion (4th season in Honour).

:Gold1st: :Bronze1st: :FK: | :Honour2nd: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st: :FK: | :Honour1st: :Honour3rd: :Honour3rd: :Bronze1st: :FK: *

What a difference a year makes...

* Overall win/loss ratio will be added up to the end of Season 31. The Sale Denied are 4 seasons younger and have been ignored in this post.
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Made a few changes to the spreadsheet too (not shown: spreadsheet pages for raw data, international teams, scouting, training, sponsors, trade history, regen rating, rivals, and a graph of my teams' league positions over time)

Old: http://i.imgur.com/Eistuz4.png
(Positional Rating rates players in all positions, with their Best one noted. Squad Status considers age, skill, etc., and influences my own Valuation, which is based on the In-Game Tradelist values.)

I'd never made a spreadsheet before playing this game. I'd used Excel at school to do basic things like graphs, but nothing with commands like SUM, IF, VLOOKUP, LARGE, or AVERAGE.
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 pm

SpeedyReedy wrote:I'd never made a spreadsheet before playing this game. I'd used Excel at school to do basic things like graphs, but nothing with commands like SUM, IF, VLOOKUP, LARGE, or AVERAGE.

Quidditch Manager is so educational!

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:47 pm

Good day, Quidditch managers. I've been absent for a few weeks and have decided to call it a day.

I went by Speedy, here was my portfolio:

ImageBristol Badgers
Deleted: January 9th 2017
Legacy: 9 Seasons in Honour, Shutout, Undefeated Season
Trophies: :Gold1st: :Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Stadium: La Tejónera - 32,000 seats
Star player: Arnaldo Crespi (Homegrown Spanish Beater)

ImageDudley Dursleys
Legacy: 17 Consecutive Seasons in Honour (18 total), Sapling to Honour in 9 Seasons
Trophies: :WC2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd: :Honour3rd: :Honour3rd: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Stadium: Privet Drive - 32,000 seats
Star player: Kendall Green (Homegrown Chaser & Captain)

ImageDundee Mifflins
Legacy: 19 Consecutive Seasons in Honour (19 total), Sapling to Honour in 9 Seasons
Trophies: :WC1st: :WC3rd: :Honour1st: :Honour1st: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd: :Honour3rd: :Bronze1st: :FK:
Stadium: Scranton, PA - 32,000 seats
Star player: Leo Beattie (Homegrown Chaser)

ImageSale Denied
Deleted: October 31st 2015
Legacy: 3 Seasons in Honour, Oak to Honour in 10 Seasons (despite Trade Embargo)
Trophies: :Bronze1st:
Stadium: Sale End - 32,000 seats
Star player: Wilbur Carr (Homegrown Chaser)

In addition I was once an active forum member and moderator, which I enjoyed and am glad to have been given the chance to do. I learned much about Excel in my time on this site and enjoyed spending time with people from all across the globe, sharing in our love for video games and/or fantasy literature. I am sorry to be leaving but this game is one of my most played of all time, so there may come a day that I return and set a new team on their path to victory. However, for the teams I currently own, there will be no further management. At the end of this season, my remaining three teams will be scattered to the wind and while I hope that some of the players I raised from teenagers will perhaps spread into other squads for at least a little while, I may never know if this comes to pass.

I hope you all have an excellent Christmas period, a great New Year, and that this game continues to entertain others as much as it entertained me.

And as my favourite Hogwarts Jedi, Bilbo Baggins, once said,
"I regret to announce this is the end. I'm going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell. Good-bye."
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:56 pm

An end of an era...

Thanks for your time and effort, man! You've been a good and (obviously) active force within this game.

I also thank you for all the help you gave me personally - from simple advice to trade agreements and loans, you've helped shape the London Dynamo to what they are today.

It is sad to see you and your teams go, but, as they say: Leave the memories alone!

Best of luck in your future (real-life) endeavors.

Thanks and goodbye, Speedy!
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Postby Orick » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Sigh. I come back and you leave us, talk about bad luck. Best wishes, man!
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors

Return to “Introductions”