Key Attributes

Talk about what worked out for you on QManager. Strategies, fun things or just habits you acquired.
User avatar
Speedy
Legend
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:11 am
Team Name: Crewe Cuts
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Key Attributes

Postby Speedy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:55 pm

This question has been asked and answered a lot, but I wanted to make a thread in which we simplify the entire discussion so that any new manager can easily remember the stats to look for and the ones to ignore. Even if every manager agrees in this thread about the key attributes and the dump attributes, there is no way each will apply the same numerical weighting to each - so giving an outline of your strategy here does not mean that everyone will steal from you (probably :P)

Personally, I have found the following attributes to be the most useful:

Keeper:DEX / AGI / ALE
Chaser:ACC / DEX / SPD
Beater:STR / ACC / STA
Seeker:SPD / AGI / STR

In addition, BAL is useful across the board - though not as heavily weighted as any of the above.
CHA is almost certainly useless in matches, but a boost to club popularity (which can mean better finances).
MOR, while sort of useful for Seekers, is also pretty much a dump-stat across the board.
trackdiver23
Starter
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:11 pm
Team Name: Manchester Legionnaires, London Hoplites

Re: Key Attributes

Postby trackdiver23 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:34 pm

From my experience, I'd disagree on a couple of things here.
(All these being top 3 stats, though not necessarily in any order)
Keeper: SPD/AGI/BAL
Chaser: AGI/ACC/DEX
Beater: I agree with yours.
Seeker: SPD/STR/DEX (I'd almost say AGI is high here too. But I tried keeping it at 3 stats)

And I'd agree that CHA and MOR are dump stats. Despite it being said that MOR is useful to seekers, I've yet to notice it much in the game mechanics.
User avatar
Deatheater
Legend
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:13 pm
Team Name: None anymore
Location: Place
Contact:

Re: Key Attributes

Postby Deatheater » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Keeper: SPD, AGI, ALE, BAL, DEX
Seeker: BAL, DEX, STR, ALE, AGI, SPD
Chaser: SPD, AGI, ACC, DEX, BAL, STR maybe
Beater: all but SPD and of course, the dump ones, CHA and MOR


I am not a very experienced manager, and these are just my opinions that probably aren't accurate.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
User avatar
ShamptonSheepshagger
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:01 am
Team Name: Southampton Sheepshaggers

Re: Key Attributes

Postby ShamptonSheepshagger » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 pm

For the Unicorns my stat-priority is clear.

CHA > all, in all positions. 6/7 starting players are running 99 CHA, #7 is on his way







Southampton Sheepshaggers Actually train my players?! 32k Stadium 3/9/15 Barry Bartenders Run by Greece's Economics Minister - HONOR SEASON 40
Runcorn Unicorns The true underdog story Ayr Mayrs Well, this went well 32k Stadium 3/9/15
User avatar
Speedy
Legend
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:11 am
Team Name: Crewe Cuts
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: Key Attributes

Postby Speedy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Deatheater wrote:Keeper: SPD, AGI, ALE, BAL, DEX
Seeker: BAL, DEX, STR, ALE, AGI, SPD
Chaser: SPD, AGI, ACC, DEX, BAL, STR maybe
Beater: all but SPD and of course, the dump ones, CHA and MOR


I am not a very experienced manager, and these are just my opinions that probably aren't accurate.

By "key stats" I meant three or four stats per position. You chose 5, 6, 6, and 7. :P
Which of the ones you chose are the top priority for you?


ShamptonSheepshagger wrote:For the Unicorns my stat-priority is clear.
CHA > all, in all positions. 6/7 starting players are running 99 CHA, #7 is on his way

Yeah, I've noticed that in the Player Rankings. Seems like Delia Brenes would have been desirable for you, if she was for sale.
User avatar
Deatheater
Legend
Posts: 2167
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:13 pm
Team Name: None anymore
Location: Place
Contact:

Re: Key Attributes

Postby Deatheater » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:39 pm

SpeedyReedy wrote:
Deatheater wrote:Keeper: SPD, AGI, ALE, BAL, DEX
Seeker: BAL, DEX, STR, ALE, AGI, SPD
Chaser: SPD, AGI, ACC, DEX, BAL, STR maybe
Beater: all but SPD and of course, the dump ones, CHA and MOR


I am not a very experienced manager, and these are just my opinions that probably aren't accurate.

By "key stats" I meant three or four stats per position. You chose 5, 6, 6, and 7. :P
Which of the ones you chose are the top priority for you?


ShamptonSheepshagger wrote:For the Unicorns my stat-priority is clear.
CHA > all, in all positions. 6/7 starting players are running 99 CHA, #7 is on his way

Yeah, I've noticed that in the Player Rankings. Seems like Delia Brenes would have been desirable for you, if she was for sale.

Oh, key attributes. Okay, sorry.

Seeker: DEX ALE AGI
Beater: SPD ACC STR
Keeper: AGI BAL DEX
Chaser: ACC SPD AGI
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
User avatar
ShamptonSheepshagger
Rookie
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:01 am
Team Name: Southampton Sheepshaggers

Re: Key Attributes

Postby ShamptonSheepshagger » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:18 am

SpeedyReedy wrote:
Deatheater wrote:Keeper: SPD, AGI, ALE, BAL, DEX
Seeker: BAL, DEX, STR, ALE, AGI, SPD
Chaser: SPD, AGI, ACC, DEX, BAL, STR maybe
Beater: all but SPD and of course, the dump ones, CHA and MOR


I am not a very experienced manager, and these are just my opinions that probably aren't accurate.

By "key stats" I meant three or four stats per position. You chose 5, 6, 6, and 7. :P
Which of the ones you chose are the top priority for you?


ShamptonSheepshagger wrote:For the Unicorns my stat-priority is clear.
CHA > all, in all positions. 6/7 starting players are running 99 CHA, #7 is on his way

Yeah, I've noticed that in the Player Rankings. Seems like Delia Brenes would have been desirable for you, if she was for sale.


So in all seriousness, the Unicorns were kind of a long-term experiment to see how much CHA impacts... well... anything... and long story short, look at the Bartenders popularity, 3050, and their approximate avg CHA is floating around 50.

The unicorns however have 3210 pop, and a MINIMUM CHA of 71. Honestly, I don't see how CHA has really any game impact. In the past I swapped a captain (99CHA) for a mid-50's CHA and my pop dropped ~200.

Just my 2cents on Charisma. Doesn't seem worth it, but the unicorns are all in now, they aren't changing a thing. ;)







Southampton Sheepshaggers Actually train my players?! 32k Stadium 3/9/15 Barry Bartenders Run by Greece's Economics Minister - HONOR SEASON 40
Runcorn Unicorns The true underdog story Ayr Mayrs Well, this went well 32k Stadium 3/9/15
User avatar
Speedy
Legend
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:11 am
Team Name: Crewe Cuts
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: Key Attributes

Postby Speedy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:25 am

ShamptonSheepshagger wrote:So in all seriousness, the Unicorns were kind of a long-term experiment to see how much CHA impacts... well... anything...

Absolutely. CHA does almost nothing for the match engine. It is entirely or almost entirely used outside of games, for things like the sponsor amount (pre-season bonus) as well as the ticket sales.
An additional 500 CHA probably allows 1 or 2 mS more per ticket in a 32k seat stadium. At the top level, that's 30 games with an ticket sale boost of 320 G each. 320 G per matchday is more than 9,000 G additional funds per season.
Even if your team isn't winning as much as a result, a 9,000 G boost every season has to be worthwhile! However, energy going into CHA is energy not going into the stats which will bring success and glory. It's a tough balance.
User avatar
NerdRunner
Starter
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:31 am
Team Name: Grimsby Grindylows

Re: Key Attributes

Postby NerdRunner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:04 am

So here are my key stats:

Keeper: DEX/AGI/ALE
Chaser: ACC/DEX/AGI
Beater: ACC/STR/DEX
Seeker: SPD/DEX/STR

So I notice that I substitute in Dexterity for several things that you guys have other stats for. Personally, I don't think speed has too much of an impact on my chasers. I'm sure it helps with calculating scoring opportunities, but when it comes to simply keeping possession, it has to be all about agility and dexterity. For Beaters, can someone explain why Stamina is really important, because I have found that dexterity really helps with their making contact with the bludger (as opposed to getting hit by it after a swing and a miss...). Agility is definitely fourth for my Seeker, but Dexterity is what gives you the snitch grab, right? Hand-eye coordination? Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this, but I'm happy with the success I've had with my seeker and I have valued his dexterity. Also I agree that Balance is important across the board.
Founded Season 27, Matchday 29
Currently Silver League
Season 28: Oak Division 2 Champions
Season 29: Iron League 1 Champions :Iron1st:
Season 32: Steel Division 1 Champions :Steel1st:
User avatar
Speedy
Legend
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:11 am
Team Name: Crewe Cuts
Location: Vancouver, BC
Contact:

Re: Key Attributes

Postby Speedy » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:48 pm

NerdRunner wrote:So here are my key stats:

Keeper: DEX/AGI/ALE
Chaser: ACC/DEX/AGI
Beater: ACC/STR/DEX
Seeker: SPD/DEX/STR

So I notice that I substitute in Dexterity for several things that you guys have other stats for. Personally, I don't think speed has too much of an impact on my chasers. I'm sure it helps with calculating scoring opportunities, but when it comes to simply keeping possession, it has to be all about agility and dexterity. For Beaters, can someone explain why Stamina is really important, because I have found that dexterity really helps with their making contact with the bludger (as opposed to getting hit by it after a swing and a miss...). Agility is definitely fourth for my Seeker, but Dexterity is what gives you the snitch grab, right? Hand-eye coordination? Maybe I'm thinking too hard about this, but I'm happy with the success I've had with my seeker and I have valued his dexterity. Also I agree that Balance is important across the board.

I can't think of my reasoning for the Beater-STA choice (I think it has to do with how tiring it would be hitting and dodging bludgers for hours on end) but the Seeker-DEX choice, for me, is because I want a Seeker who can get to the snitch. In my estimations, it is the fourth most important skill, but there is no point having 99 DEX if the Seeker loses every head-to-head, or doesn't even notice the snitch or the other Seeker. I'd rather my Seeker win every head to head and eventually grab the snitch, than lose the head to head with 99 DEX simply going to waste.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron