Key Attributes

Talk about what worked out for you on QManager. Strategies, fun things or just habits you acquired.
NerdRunner
Starter
Team Name: Grimsby Grindylows

Re: Key Attributes

Postby NerdRunner » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 pm

SpeedyReedy wrote:I can't think of my reasoning for the Beater-STA choice (I think it has to do with how tiring it would be hitting and dodging bludgers for hours on end) but the Seeker-DEX choice, for me, is because I want a Seeker who can get to the snitch. In my estimations, it is the fourth most important skill, but there is no point having 99 DEX if the Seeker loses every head-to-head, or doesn't even notice the snitch or the other Seeker. I'd rather my Seeker win every head to head and eventually grab the snitch, than lose the head to head with 99 DEX simply going to waste.

I have to say I agree with your assessment of Seeker head-to-heads. I value seeker strength above dexterity, although I see now that that isn't clear from my post. I was just ordering my top three in no particular order.
I was more making the point that I think dexterity is more important than agility for seekers, but maybe agility also factors into head-to-heads and I'm not aware?
Founded Season 27, Matchday 29
Currently Silver League
Season 28: Oak Division 2 Champions
Season 29: Iron League 1 Champions :Iron1st:
Season 32: Steel Division 1 Champions :Steel1st:
trackdiver23
Starter
Team Name: Manchester Legionnaires, London Hoplites

Postby trackdiver23 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:58 am

I've been having a hard time in deciding who DEX is useful for. I noticed that it helps my chaser's accuracy a bit, hence my reasoning there. I don't know if ALE is even useful for a keeper, because I haven't noticed much change with it. I'll find out with my current keeper, who has like 30 something ALE right now.
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:05 am

If you want to see evidence if it is useful it absolutely is. Just look at my keeper in bronze. Two really good stats already, agility and alertness and 6 th best keeper so far. If you think about it logically alertness basically deals with reaction time and the faster a keeper reacts to a shot the better chance of getting to it and using their other stats to stop it. No good having really good other stats if the keeper can never react to get to the shot to use them.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:17 am

I have had so many great keepers with both the Alchemists and the BlackCats and I can say without fear of getting it wrong that agility and dextery are the two main attributes and in my opinion for what I have seen balance is the third most important attribute for keepers. I too used to think that alertness was one of the three main attributes for a keeper but I discovered that keepers with great balance generally do better than keepers with great alertness, but well this thread has made me realize that we all have very different ideas of what are the main skills for every position and at the end I suppose people should look to train the skills they think work better for them.
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
trackdiver23
Starter
Team Name: Manchester Legionnaires, London Hoplites

Postby trackdiver23 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:21 pm

My main argument against ALE comes from my last keeper, Simona Dacey. She was among the top keepers at the Honour level for a number of seasons (even THE top for a couple of them.) Her ALE never even topped 70. What she did have was 99 in AGI, DEX, and BAL, with 85 SPD to back it all up. I thing Cygnus is the only one that will ever truly know the end of this debate (kinda makes it unfair to be playing his own game then :P )
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:32 pm

trackdiver23 wrote:My main argument against ALE comes from my last keeper, Simona Dacey. She was among the top keepers at the Honour level for a number of seasons (even THE top for a couple of them.) Her ALE never even topped 70. What she did have was 99 in AGI, DEX, and BAL, with 85 SPD to back it all up. I thing Cygnus is the only one that will ever truly know the end of this debate (kinda makes it unfair to be playing his own game then :P )

Heh. Ban Cygnus (j/k...don't).
Shank
Rookie
Team Name: Birmingham Warlox

Postby Shank » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Do you guys know which attributes actually effect the individual statistics? I've read what helps with shots and passing as well as duels but I haven't seen anyone mention anything about interceptions.
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:50 pm

Shank wrote:Do you guys know which attributes actually effect the individual statistics? I've read what helps with shots and passing as well as duels but I haven't seen anyone mention anything about interceptions.

I don't know, but I imagine DEX and SPD probably play a sizeable role.
Shank
Rookie
Team Name: Birmingham Warlox

Postby Shank » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Speedy wrote:
Shank wrote:Do you guys know which attributes actually effect the individual statistics? I've read what helps with shots and passing as well as duels but I haven't seen anyone mention anything about interceptions.

I've been looking at the leaders in Interception for all the leagues and I think alertness plays a big role in it but Dex seems to be a big one too. It could just be a coincidence though and they all just happen to have those stats high but it plays no role.
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Shank wrote:
Speedy wrote:

I've been looking at the leaders in Interception for all the leagues and I think alertness plays a big role in it but Dex seems to be a big one too. It could just be a coincidence though and they all just happen to have those stats high but it plays no role.

Good point. ALE is probably more important than SPD.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”