Which friendly should you accept?

Talk about what worked out for you on QManager. Strategies, fun things or just habits you acquired.
Deniz87
Captain
Team Name: Paddock Wood Fairies

Re: Which friendly should you accept?

Postby Deniz87 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:32 pm

more funny is that if I hadn't replied this thread would still have no responses lol

anyway I have no prob accepting 0% offers too. Maybe because I'm more focused in player development (proficiency) but it's true that I should start to see it as a way to earn a bit extra money.
PADDOCK WOOD FAIRIES | :Iron1st: S.39 :Steel1st: S.42
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Postby Ruse » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:37 pm

Do you get a win bonus if you win friendly games?
I know it´s little bid of topic, but i think it could be part of the discussion, cause smaller clubs often play against much stronger teams and will lose lot´s of games.
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

Ruse wrote:Do you get a win bonus if you win friendly games?
I know it´s little bid of topic, but i think it could be part of the discussion, cause smaller clubs often play against much stronger teams and will lose lot´s of games.

Nope. Friendlies affect form and proficiency slightly, but the only money involved is the amount agreed upon when the friendly is scheduled. They also grant a little experience, so a 0% is technically better than nothing.
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:14 am

Deniz87 wrote:more funny is that if I hadn't replied this thread would still have no responses lol

true, and the most curious thing is that it was only a "thank you" that revived this thread :lol:
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Deniz87
Captain
Team Name: Paddock Wood Fairies

Postby Deniz87 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:11 pm

hehehe I'm happy about that: it's always good to know what other fellow managers think! :)
PADDOCK WOOD FAIRIES | :Iron1st: S.39 :Steel1st: S.42
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:11 pm

cygnus-flamel wrote:I detest teams that doesnt offer even a minimal amount of revenue for the visiting team, i generally prefer to go without one friendly than accepting those friendlies, its my way of trying to encourage revenue sharing, although generally i dont have to resort to that.
It's crazy how common this practice of offering 0% friendlies has become. Below Steel division, I sort of understand it because the clubs really need every galleon, and they are expecting a thrashing nearly every time, but in Bronze or Silver or Gold or Honour, it's terrible to expect a small team to both lose to you and not get money for it. If it isn't a small team accepting the friendly, the offering club actually earn more revenue, even if they do lose. In that case, a 5% gesture as a thank you for the match experience and the revenue just seems like the right thing to do.

I looked into this a while ago and switched from 5% every time to 10% every time because I realised how little I had been offering. I don't know how the teams in the top tiers can justify it.

I've actually started restricting my friendlies to tier 5 and below, to counter the greed of Bronze and higher teams. I hope it works out to help the smaller teams more.
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:19 pm

I mean... Maybe you are right?

Thing is, I was doing 10%+ for so long that I felt, in retrospect, like I was throwing away unnecessary amounts of money.

Nowadays my standard is 6% + a popularity minimum close to mine (which now basically means high Gold teams at the lowest).

I am having a horrible time trying to find Away Friendlies, though... Can't even get 5% usually.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:51 pm

I always offer 5%, and always will. I only take 0% if they're Steel or lower. I also agree with Zankman's pop restriction, but I am less strict with mine. 2k if I log in within 3 hours of calculation, and then lower pop restriction if I'm late.
The worst offender in my opinion is gone from the game thankfully, but the Kiddymincers used to offer 0% only.

Who does it in Honor, Gold, or Silver? They should be publicly shamed and boycotted.
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:11 pm

Sokolov wrote:I always offer 5%, and always will. I only take 0% if they're Steel or lower. I also agree with Zankman's pop restriction, but I am less strict with mine. 2k if I log in within 3 hours of calculation, and then lower pop restriction if I'm late.
The worst offender in my opinion is gone from the game thankfully, but the Kiddymincers used to offer 0% only.

Who does it in Honor, Gold, or Silver? They should be publicly shamed and boycotted.

I used to offer 5% with the Hamsters, but then I took a loan and I need to squeeze the cash, so I've been offering less lately, 2%, but that is only a temporary thing.

Utd and Misfits will start offering 5% when they make Top 3, they usually offer 2%

However, sometimes I am in a hurry to post and accept...etc, so I post a 0%...which is the only time I have done that

*Edits in red*
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Ripp
Captain
Team Name: Newcastle Gunslingers, Poole Koerakoonlased

Postby Ripp » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:25 am

I mainly offer 5%. If there are a lot of zeros and I have to play one of them, I offer 3%, and if there are a lot of 5%'s, then I offer 7%.

Usually, when I wake up, the friendly page looks like this:
qui.png
qui.png (13.48 KiB) Viewed 1618 times

Five minutes ago there were all zeros and only my two teams offering 5%. It's times like these when I wonder why on earth is it forbidden to arrange friendlies between two of your own teams? If you're supposed to manage them as two separate teams with two separate owners, then taking the only 5% offer is the only reasonable move. It's not like I'd be transferring money from one team to another or something.

I'm happy to see, that the greedy teams that constantly offer 0% are left without friendlies quite frequently.
Newcastle Gunslingers
"We deal in lead, friend."

Return to “Tips & Tricks”