How to not suck? (For a new player)

Talk about what worked out for you on QManager. Strategies, fun things or just habits you acquired.
Nobody
Rookie
Team Name: London Knights

How to not suck? (For a new player)

Postby Nobody » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Hey guys! I just joined quidditch manager on matchday 20 of this season. My team, the London Knights (http://quidditch-manager.com/view_team.php?id=2148) obviously isn't very good, given that the other teams have had more time to develop players and do other quidditch managery things. However, a couple of days ago I picked up Gorka Cortes, a 57Avg Chaser (http://quidditch-manager.com/player.php?id=44114) for what I'm pretty sure is a steal price at 752G. Cortes has lead my team to 2 victories against bottom tier teams in my division, but with me having joined so late, I don't know if it will be possible for me to stay in Oak division like I would want to. My team obviously isn't going to be that good after just a season and a third anyways, and demoting to sapling I'm sure wouldn't be that bad, but I feel like playing in Oak for the next season would be nice. Is there any reasonable way for me to stay out of the bottom four in my league? (http://quidditch-manager.com/league.php?division=16) Also, what are the best things I can do for myself to get my team stronger now and in the long run? Do I upgrade my stadium to get more income? Do I take out a loan and go buy players? Do I get a player loaned to me? (And how does that work?)

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Re: How to not suck? (For a new player)

Postby Speedy » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:45 pm

A player loan requires being active in the forum and maybe a larger team will agree to help you. The risk for the larger team is that you might quit and then that player is unrecoverable. If you prove yourself here to be honest and committed, people will probably lend you players.

I always recommend the stadium first. Player loans come with money but usually it is required that you spend it on the academy (which is a waste in the lower leagues). The stadium upgrades make you self sufficient - which makes you stronger in the long term.

I'd say buy few players and don't worry about winning everything. It is very hard to be relegated from Iron or Oak because when teams get deleted, everyone else is bumped upwards. That happens on Matchday 31 and I wouldn't worry.

Even without trading for good players, a team can reach Honour league if they are active and good with their money. The Sale Denied made it there with their original squad (who all started at 20 avg or so!)
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Postby Orick » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:01 pm

And while you take your first steps, don't be afraid to hire cheap veterans. 30+ players might serve you only for a few seasons, but they have a very good quality for a reasonable price. You won't be having great young players untill few seasons or so, so it's always good to have an older player or two in the squad (especially chasers), until you're able to buy younger, decent ones. You can easily have a 80+ AVG veteran for 10k or less and in lower leagues even one player on such level makes a huge difference.
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Nobody
Rookie

Postby Nobody » Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:55 pm

How should I go about upgrading my stadium? How many Galleons should I put into it and when?
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Nobody wrote:How should I go about upgrading my stadium? How many Galleons should I put into it and when?

The most economic way is to upgrade full sectors and try not to close down your whole stadium at once, since sectors under construction will be out of bounds for spectators.

You can play around with values and the "Quote" button to get a feel for it.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Deniz87
Captain
Team Name: Paddock Wood Fairies

Postby Deniz87 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:52 pm

so,is the "quote" button like a preview?

and what is the exact number of new seats we should add at first ..and when?

Orick wrote:And while you take your first steps, don't be afraid to hire cheap veterans. 30+ players might serve you only for a few seasons, but they have a very good quality for a reasonable price. You won't be having great young players untill few seasons or so, so it's always good to have an older player or two in the squad (especially chasers), until you're able to buy younger, decent ones. You can easily have a 80+ AVG veteran for 10k or less and in lower leagues even one player on such level makes a huge difference.

oh didn't considered this. :) nice
PADDOCK WOOD FAIRIES | :Iron1st: S.39 :Steel1st: S.42
Nobody
Rookie

Postby Nobody » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:38 pm

Every sector starts with 150 seats, then caps at 2,000, so I should wait until I can afford a 1,850 seat upgrade (2,293G), then do that all at once?
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:42 pm

Nobody wrote:Every sector starts with 150 seats, then caps at 2,000, so I should wait until I can afford a 1,850 seat upgrade (2,293G), then do that all at once?

I would do two to start, and then the rest. You could take a loan, Stadium is the only surefire investment that will pay for itself.
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:23 am

^ This, if you figure out the right ticket price that goes with your stadium size and team popularity.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Nobody
Rookie

Postby Nobody » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:37 am

Would anyone else recommend taking out a loan to get my first two sections upgraded? Does the stadium make enough back quickly enough to make the loan worth it?

Return to “Tips & Tricks”