A Dilemma

Talk about what worked out for you on QManager. Strategies, fun things or just habits you acquired.
K2SC
Starter
Team Name: Manchester Mandrills

A Dilemma

Postby K2SC » Fri May 27, 2016 2:09 am

I realise this may sound a bit like noobing, but I'm struggling with the notion of just getting a sum of G loaned. Currently, my academy upgrades are where I want them to be, and I am on another round of borrowed money. Do I just wait patiently for the Gs to flow (meaning losing opportunities to get good players before they end up somewhere else) or do I risk it all and go for the biggie (rending me in debt and potentially destroying the Academy)?

This has been gnawing at me for the better half of this week. Decisions, decisions...

QM veterans, I defer to your wisdom!
K2SC,
Manager-Owner, Manchester Mandrills
"Ape over us!"
~Since 1907
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Re: A Dilemma

Postby Ruse » Fri May 27, 2016 3:15 am

I would never risk everything. There will always be the next good player or good bargain at the tradelist, so i normally be patient and developing my teams slowly bt constantly.
But of cause you can loan also money without risking your academy.
Just watch at your daily profit when you have just one homematch and then you know how much you can loan and repay each day without risking your academy.
you just made then a smaller profit and could have later less money.
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Fri May 27, 2016 3:50 pm

K2SC wrote:I realise this may sound a bit like noobing, but I'm struggling with the notion of just getting a sum of G loaned. Currently, my academy upgrades are where I want them to be, and I am on another round of borrowed money. Do I just wait patiently for the Gs to flow (meaning losing opportunities to get good players before they end up somewhere else) or do I risk it all and go for the biggie (rending me in debt and potentially destroying the Academy)?

This has been gnawing at me for the better half of this week. Decisions, decisions...

QM veterans, I defer to your wisdom!

I like a good mix of risk and reward, however, I would always make my priority the Stadium. I went from 500 G a day to 3,500 G a day by upgrading my stadium, which basically allows your finances to grow on most matchdays.
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
K2SC
Starter

Postby K2SC » Fri May 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Xter wrote:I like a good mix of risk and reward, however, I would always make my priority the Stadium. I went from 500 G a day to 3,500 G a day by upgrading my stadium, which basically allows your finances to grow on most matchdays.

Been there, done that, now at 12K. I had thought the second tier would be like the first, but only after seeing what it entailed that I focussed more on the Academy and better players.
K2SC,
"Ape over us!"
~Since 1907
Ripp
Captain
Team Name: Newcastle Gunslingers, Poole Koerakoonlased

Postby Ripp » Fri May 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Before having 12k arena and an academy - go Greece-mode. After getting them - like you've done - settle down and wait.

After all, your loan deals say that some of the money given to you was meant for academy expansion (so that the loanees would get better training). Destroying the upgrades a month later would be irresponsible and would probably upset Cygnus and Sokolov. :D
Newcastle Gunslingers
"We deal in lead, friend."
K2SC
Starter

Postby K2SC » Sat May 28, 2016 12:03 am

Ripp wrote:Destroying the upgrades a month later would be irresponsible and would probably upset Cygnus and Sokolov.

Which was the reason for the dilemma mentioned above :? But in any case, it looks like I have to play the waiting game...
K2SC,
"Ape over us!"
~Since 1907
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Sat May 28, 2016 6:19 pm

What dilemma? If you lose the upgrades, you break our contract. There's a hefty fee in there.

Be patient. It will take you about 10 months to reach Honor if you play your cards right. No need to rush, you'll kick yourself later.

Did you know I blew all my money on players and had a 900 seat stadium when I was in Bronze on my first climb up? It was dumb. Take it slow and steady. Like Ruse said, there will always be another 'good deal'.
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
K2SC
Starter

Postby K2SC » Sat May 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Sokolov wrote:What dilemma? If you lose the upgrades, you break our contract. There's a hefty fee in there.

I know. But with the competition in Steel, and soon to be Bronze is tough. Preparing my players for the league is going to be a right task in itself, not to mention my team isn't really up there in terms of prowess like the other groups. I'm not enough that desperate for money, but like any manager, I need a sizable income of money, which is drying up because of my standing loan. I would never want to incur the wrath of fee payment.

Ever.

Sokolov wrote:Be patient. It will take you about 10 months to reach Honor if you play your cards right. No need to rush, you'll kick yourself later.

True. I can wait ten months. Can I win my matches like that? Only time will tell. Strangely enough, Pokemon comes to mind now. "I wanna be the very best/Like no one ever was..."

Sokolov wrote:Did you know I blew all my money on players and had a 900 seat stadium when I was in Bronze on my first climb up? It was dumb. Take it slow and steady. Like Ruse said, there will always be another 'good deal'.

I...okay. I'll do it. It sounds a little reckless from me, but I can control the urge. Thank you, all of you, for pitching in with advice. :)
K2SC,
"Ape over us!"
~Since 1907

Return to “Tips & Tricks”