Beating a better team?

Talk about what worked out for you on QManager. Strategies, fun things or just habits you acquired.
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Re: Beating a better team?

Postby Zankman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:02 am

Control would be logical, yes.

Keep in mind that your team actually needs to be slightly better to ensure that - and you don't look at the Overalls for that, you look at the Key Stats and "filtered" Overall ratings.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
Radioactive
Youngster
Team Name: Newport Eels

Postby Radioactive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:38 am

Zankman wrote:Control would be logical, yes.

Keep in mind that your team actually needs to be slightly better to ensure that - and you don't look at the Overalls for that, you look at the Key Stats and "filtered" Overall ratings.

I've come to the realization that overalls and even stats themselves are kind of over-rated. A chaser to be good essentially has to be able to avoid bludger hits, intercept the ball, make accurate passes, and make accurate scores. If you have a chaser that can do that all then he's an all-star which are the high avg players that are stars of the honor league teams but what if you kind of have specialized chasers. One to score, one to pass, and another to intercept? Would that be better then having 3 great sorcerers? I want to test this theory out later down the line when I have more money and I'm going to build a lineup depending on what kind of stats the player themselves get in games. My overall theory will be to find out what stats help chasers to avoid bludgers... that way all 3 of them will have these stats and then I will try to get players that could do each of the things I mentioned earlier better then the average chaser and build a team with that. In my opinion though avoiding the bludger is a necessity for all chasers but scoring doesn't have to be the focus for all 3 if that makes any sense. I wonder how well this would work out and if anyone has tried something similar and wishes to collaborate with me pm me.
DarioDiConca
All-Star
Team Name: Plymouth Catchers & Isle of Manhood

Postby DarioDiConca » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Radioactive wrote:

I've come to the realization that overalls and even stats themselves are kind of over-rated. A chaser to be good essentially has to be able to avoid bludger hits, intercept the ball, make accurate passes, and make accurate scores. If you have a chaser that can do that all then he's an all-star which are the high avg players that are stars of the honor league teams but what if you kind of have specialized chasers. One to score, one to pass, and another to intercept? Would that be better then having 3 great sorcerers? I want to test this theory out later down the line when I have more money and I'm going to build a lineup depending on what kind of stats the player themselves get in games. My overall theory will be to find out what stats help chasers to avoid bludgers... that way all 3 of them will have these stats and then I will try to get players that could do each of the things I mentioned earlier better then the average chaser and build a team with that. In my opinion though avoiding the bludger is a necessity for all chasers but scoring doesn't have to be the focus for all 3 if that makes any sense. I wonder how well this would work out and if anyone has tried something similar and wishes to collaborate with me pm me.

I think chasers are the most important position in the field, I always try to have "perfect players" in that position, basically players that are 99s in everything except for stamina, nowadays it s possible, although hard, to have players with such skills. Some seasons ago when we still didn´t have academy, the average players in honour was around the 70´s, a 80´s level player was a rarity, and the 1st time a 90´s player appeared (Mona Duffy) everyone just lose their minds xD, normally people would value dexterity, speed, agility, acc, bal and alert for their chasers.
:WC2nd: Season 28, 32, 48
:Honour1st: Season 27, 48
:WC3rd: Season 36
:Honour2nd: Season 26, 45,46
:Honour3rd: Season 25,34,35,37,47,49
:Bronze1st: Season 20
:Steel1st: Season 17

Founded Season 14
Founder of the "dealer system" club
Founder of the "lose 2 CWC finals in a row" club
Founder of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Radioactive
Youngster
Team Name: Newport Eels

Postby Radioactive » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:56 pm

DarioDiConca wrote:
Radioactive wrote:

I think chasers are the most important position in the field, I always try to have "perfect players" in that position, basically players that are 99s in everything except for stamina, nowadays it s possible, although hard, to have players with such skills. Some seasons ago when we still didn´t have academy, the average players in honour was around the 70´s, a 80´s level player was a rarity, and the 1st time a 90´s player appeared (Mona Duffy) everyone just lose their minds xD, normally people would value dexterity, speed, agility, acc, bal and alert for their chasers.

as a small time manager I don't have the luxury of having these superstars just yet so that's why I'm wondering if I could possibly make it work with the set up I mentioned earlier and see if finding specialized chasers would be a good strategy. It will take a while to figure it out though.

Return to “Tips & Tricks”