Club World Cup V

Updates on anything regarding QManager
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Re: Club World Cup V

Postby Cygnus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:41 pm

I don't know, a lot of people would be left out of the fun and human national managers could choose poorly to benefit their own teams' players and what not.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:45 pm

Cygnus wrote:I don't know, a lot of people would be left out of the fun and human national managers could choose poorly to benefit their own teams' players and what not.
True, a lot of people would be left out, but if you want to manage you have to earn it. And yes, its true that they could purposely mess up, but like I said there could be some way to fire them.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Deatheater wrote:
Cygnus wrote:I don't know, a lot of people would be left out of the fun and human national managers could choose poorly to benefit their own teams' players and what not.
True, a lot of people would be left out, but if you want to manage you have to earn it. And yes, its true that they could purposely mess up, but like I said there could be some way to fire them.

Only after the corruption, though.

Anyway, wouldn't you (as manager) pick the best squad available to you? Sure, we might disagree on certain weightings, but the AI manager will probably do much the same as any human manager.
Just roleplay as if you were the Assistant Manager or something...
Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:44 pm

Speedy wrote:
Deatheater wrote:

Only after the corruption, though.

Anyway, wouldn't you (as manager) pick the best squad available to you? Sure, we might disagree on certain weightings, but the AI manager will probably do much the same as any human manager.
Just roleplay as if you were the Assistant Manager or something...

Not necessarily. Depending on who the team against us is, I'd call up the players I think can beat the opposition. It's not about the average, it's about the skills that position needs.

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:18 pm

I would set it up so people can apply for a position and then maybe there is some kind of vote. Then have term lengths of like 3-4 months at which time there is a vote including all the people that have applied since and the current manager. Managers that do it properly would get voted for again whilst those that seem to do it to benefit their team would not.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:43 pm

I don't understand all this fear of managers benefiting their players when it is something so easily preventable as Matthuey mentions above with the votes and maybe some sort of way of sacking the manager if it becomes obvious that he is cheating , also, it doesn't seem like the players are going to benefit a lot from playing wit their national team anyway, just saying...
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:09 pm

That's what I'm saying!!

Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:09 pm

cygnus-flamel wrote:I don't understand all this fear of managers benefiting their players when it is something so easily preventable as Matthuey mentions above with the votes and maybe some sort of way of sacking the manager if it becomes obvious that he is cheating , also, it doesn't seem like the players are going to benefit a lot from playing wit their national team anyway, just saying...

Yeah, they should get no experience for the matches which is the main thing that I think might tempt people not to play their rivals players. Proficiency increases to a position would make no difference to league matches. Whilst as long as a form bonus is not too large that is not enough on it's own to make it a benefit.

Maybe allow recall petitions on the forum that Andre can then decide if it's a valid reason to hold a early vote on the coach position and that should really be enough to stop the chance of somebody doing it.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win

Return to “Announcements”