Club World Cup V

Updates on anything regarding QManager
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Re: Club World Cup V

Postby Matthueycamo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:03 am

Speedy wrote:
Cygnus wrote:Yeah, this would be one of the reasons it would take a few days to implement.

I'd probably start off so that national team matches don't modify anything on the player (skill, form, prof...), but ultimately they should at least get a form boost out of it.

Would they lose form for losing International games, or is it more of a +form for representing their nation?
Also, will international teams be locked in - or will they change throughout the tournament?

I would presume that because Andre recently changed national team makeup calculations to include form and proficiency teams could change from match to match.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:07 am

Speedy wrote:
Cygnus wrote:Yeah, this would be one of the reasons it would take a few days to implement.

I'd probably start off so that national team matches don't modify anything on the player (skill, form, prof...), but ultimately they should at least get a form boost out of it.

Would they lose form for losing International games, or is it more of a +form for representing their nation?
Also, will international teams be locked in - or will they change throughout the tournament?

Since we don't have suspensions yet, I think they should be locked in as I know it from the usual world cups. I don't know if it would make sense to have backups at this point, since it would be ultra complicated to decide whether to play one or the other player, which team would adapt to the other etc.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Matthueycamo
Legend

Postby Matthueycamo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:12 am

Cygnus wrote:
Speedy wrote:

Since we don't have suspensions yet, I think they should be locked in as I know it from the usual world cups. I don't know if it would make sense to have backups at this point, since it would be ultra complicated to decide whether to play one or the other player, which team would adapt to the other etc.

Can't you just use the same calculations you use for picking who is on the squad at the moment? That would seem to be quite simple.

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Cygnus
Site Admin

Postby Cygnus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:15 am

Matthueycamo wrote:Can't you just use the same calculations you use for picking who is on the squad at the moment? That would seem to be quite simple.

I meant that there wouldn't be a bench player that substitutes someone in match two, because you need someone quicker this time and don't need as much strength for example.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Matthueycamo
Legend

Postby Matthueycamo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:16 am

Cygnus wrote:
Matthueycamo wrote:Can't you just use the same calculations you use for picking who is on the squad at the moment? That would seem to be quite simple.

I meant that there wouldn't be a bench player that substitutes someone in match two, because you need someone quicker this time and don't need as much strength for example.

Oh right so they could still change but not based on tactics at all.

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Cygnus
Site Admin

Postby Cygnus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:19 am

Yeah, maybe it should be possible for them to change from match to match and that would emulate a bench?

Matthueycamo
Legend

Postby Matthueycamo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:23 am

Cygnus wrote:Yeah, maybe it should be possible for them to change from match to match and that would emulate a bench?

Yeah, I was envisioning like the six nations rugby when I posted above rather than the world cup because in that you can change your squad between games not just your line up. So there in such a situation would be no need to have a fixed squad since no substitutes in quidditch so the bot would just pick the 7 according to form, proficiency and skill on the matchday before. So the teams should basically then mirror the nations page as it was on the day of the match.

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:19 am

Could we maybe try having real managers? I know the flaw is that if they aren't active the team would suffer, but maybe if they weren't active for a few days they'd be fired and the CPU would be manager until a proper replacement is found. I just really want to manage the USA. I would take control, and lead them to victory or die trying. I'd bring back trophies to my country and prove ourselves as true champions. We'd be showered in glory, having established ourselves as a true Quidditch nation. I would do it all for my country. The land of the free, and the home of the brave, AMERICA! USA! USA! USA! USA! Image Ahem, sorry, got caught up in the moment there.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Cygnus
Site Admin

Postby Cygnus » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:45 am

Deatheater wrote:Could we maybe try having real managers? I know the flaw is that if they aren't active the team would suffer, but maybe if they weren't active for a few days they'd be fired and the CPU would be manager until a proper replacement is found.

That'd be too much work right now, sorry.

Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Cygnus wrote:
Deatheater wrote:Could we maybe try having real managers? I know the flaw is that if they aren't active the team would suffer, but maybe if they weren't active for a few days they'd be fired and the CPU would be manager until a proper replacement is found.

That'd be too much work right now, sorry.

Oh well. Maybe sometime in the future?
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.

Return to “Announcements”