Goodbye, Quidditch Manager

Updates on anything regarding QManager
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Re: Goodbye, Quidditch Manager

Postby Orick » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Sad to hear that, but I completely understand. I wish you all the best, Andre!
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:38 pm

I always thought that Quidditch manager would outlive my interest for it but it seems it wont be the case, it will be very weird because it was already a fully integrated part of my routine and a genuine escape of all the pressure of university, this forum helped me in a lot of senses too, I remember that I started to participate to practice my English but I stayed because of the amazing community that we all created and contributed to in one way or other.

The only thing left to say is good luck everybody, I hope that everyone here can have a good last season. It will be strange not seeing you everyday :lol:
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:46 pm

I gotta say, this is very painful. I admit right away - it is selfish to say so... But this going away will hurt, a lot. Mixture of sadness, anger and disappointment.

It has mostly to do with MY life and my personal, hm, issues and whatnot. This game made me happy and engrossed me, even if it wasn't so deep gameplay-wise.

Either way, it's just painful for me - but I do not "blame" you or judge you or anything.

It was your prototype, your experiment, your passion project... And unfortunately you're not some rich billionaire who can afford to run this game, you're just a guy with his own life, own struggles.

The reasons you bring up are completely fair... Even if a new HP movie or even Quidditch-centric movie comes out, even if you port this game (partially) to iOS and Android, it will likely still be niche and take a lot of time and money to maintain.

And now I feel bad, eh, in oh so many ways: I definitely had fun (which is all that matters!) playing this game and was drawn into its world, but, at the same time, it all kinda seems "wasted" given that I will now never, ever reach the actual "late game" of getting to Honour League!

I mean, I haven't even won any League, much less Honour. :/

In another sense, I feel bad for not having the means to donate to the game through these past months...

---

Since no one has asked so far, I will: Is there any way/chance that you hand over the reigns of this game to someone else? (Personally I'd love to be that person but I definitely can't, at least quite yet...)

---

Anyway, thanks for the great game! It was loads of fun and I maintain that you made an excellent, charming, well-designed game the likes of which I'd be proud to create myself if I could - the rules, the attention to detail, the systems and infrastructure, the player appearance generator...
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
rwa001
Rookie
Team Name: Oxford Occultists

Postby rwa001 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Thanks for the great game Cygnus. Good luck with your personal life and future work.

I may have missed it, but do you have some outside form of communication I should follow with regards to future projects you might release?

Cheers,
Ryan
Puddington
Rookie
Team Name: Cork Conquerors

Postby Puddington » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:53 pm

I guess all there is left to say, GG Andre. Thanks for an unique experience I had to look for very hard to find it. Best of luck in all your future endavours!

With the best regards,

Puddington
Victura te saluto! We are the CONQUERORS!!
barberaboy
Backup
Team Name: Preston Pokemon, Preston Pride

Postby barberaboy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:01 pm

It'll be sad to see the site go but it's understandable. You're a busy person, you go do you.
When your next project goes live, shoot me an email, I'm sure it'll be a great game to play.
:Silver1st: Season 36
Career Win/Loss at the end of Season 39: 467/259, 64.3%
leghab
Backup
Team Name: Bebbington Bebbies

Postby leghab » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:18 pm

I have to say, I didn't expect this :(

That being said, even though I'm sad that I'll now have to find something else to do, I'm happy I was able to take part in this game, and sometimes (often) post some non-sequiturs in the forums.
Please do send out an email if (when) you decide to start another game.

Well done, Andre.

Wishing you the best of luck in accomplishing your dreams, and also remembering and accomplishing all of the weird/strange/absurd things that you always thought "Lol I should do that" throughout your life. Assuming you have those, and it's not just me.

For example - if you ever felt like, oh, you know, filling your car with whipped cream and the marshmallow bits from Lucky Charms, and attempting to eat your way through to the backseat, well, you go and you do that.
Most likely, you'll need to hire a professional service to clean your car out after, but hey, at least you did it.

Oh - and if you're ever in Boston, you let me know.

Best,

Bahgelsson, B. B.
oh god i am not good with computer how did this get here

RIP KWKW
RIP OXFORD SHOES
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:31 pm

I've come to terms with things and am a bit less emotional now, so: Thank you very much, again, for the great game!
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:41 pm

To Cygnus,

This is truly the best game I've ever played. Never have I committed myself to a game for so long with such passion. FIFA, Halo, Call Of Duty, Minecraft, screw off, until you can tell me you created an awesome game with one person.
And Cygnus, do us a favor. Don't make another game to the public unless you know it'll be fun and relatively easy to manage. If you think it'll just stress you, we'll be back right here, seeing another game disappear. Heck, I don't suggest you make another game at all unless it's for work. Your life is important, and with a wife and a full time job, the times of screwing around on the internet are over.
I say this sadly, as I know this also means many won't have a great game to play, but it's time you focused on your life. Remember the wise words of Dumbledore; "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." All good things must come to an end, and I'm afraid we are at one.
So, I think I've said what I wanted to say, and expressed feelings I wanted to express, so I say one last thing. Here's to the 3 years of the best web game I've ever seen.

Farewell,
-Matthew aka Deatheater :twisted:
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
hyouton
Youngster
Team Name: Edinburgh Crankos

Postby hyouton » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:29 pm

I am sad but I understand. Thank you for the game.
I haven't played the game for that long but it was already a part of my day.
I wish you the best. :)
Last edited by hyouton on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Announcements”