You changed my mind

Updates on anything regarding QManager
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Re: You changed my mind

Postby Deatheater » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:36 am

Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
leghab
Backup
Team Name: Bebbington Bebbies

Postby leghab » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:39 am

cp4cfc wrote:Lurking is generally my modus operandi in most games. I sit in the dark corners and plot for the day I become lord of the light!!

This is my life. Welcome to the club.

We meet every six weeks, every Monday night.
oh god i am not good with computer how did this get here

RIP KWKW
RIP OXFORD SHOES
cp4cfc
Starter
Team Name: Gillingham Giants, Chatham Chavs

Postby cp4cfc » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:47 am

Out of interest, has any other club other than myself made it to Honour without any league patches?
CWC Winner S44 :WC1st:
Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:54 am

cp4cfc wrote:Out of interest, has any other club other than myself made it to Honour without any league patches?

I will eventually!

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

cp4cfc
Starter
Team Name: Gillingham Giants, Chatham Chavs

Postby cp4cfc » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:01 am

Deatheater wrote:
cp4cfc wrote:Out of interest, has any other club other than myself made it to Honour without any league patches?

I will eventually!

Just make sure you don't play too well then :)
CWC Winner S44 :WC1st:
Deatheater
Legend

Postby Deatheater » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:08 am

cp4cfc wrote:
Deatheater wrote:

I will eventually!

Just make sure you don't play too well then :)

Does it look like my team is playing well? We are in eighth of Steel after 8 seasons.

Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:14 am

DarioDiConca wrote:Image L000000L

Ummm...
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:19 am

Ok, so I missed quite a lot today......... :shock:

I guess I have a lot to read.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Mezarim
Rookie
Team Name: Oban Stags, Edinburgh GreenGoblins

Postby Mezarim » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:15 am

Phew,

from an emotional stroke to a recovery. Logging in in order to write down some words of farewell and seeing this.. Well, the tiny spark of hope never died, even though my mind started to wander in visions of creating a game somewhat similar of my own. *sigh of relief* In my opinion this is simply the best wizarding world -themed game. It truly works and gives back rewarding experience both short and long term.

But the latest decision... I feel this kind of sensitivity grows the motivation to play even higher, at least in my case. /respect

Now, back to submitting the Finnish and Swedish names ...

With magick,
Mez

:Steel1st: :Gold1st:
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:31 am

Ok, first things first. Obviously immensely happy at the end result and quite glad I had none of today spent worrying my favorite ever online game would end.

I think it's true that often changing one's mind can be the much harder thing to do and it takes strength to do that rather than weakness. Most of us have always been mindful that this is not a job and always tried to minimise impacts of what we suggest to Andre etc. I have absolutely no experience in programming but I have helped with things in the past that don't need any programming and would do again. With anything at all, I think there are a number that would be happy to do that. Even just the smallest thing with the game or the forum to help things run smoother and be less of a load on your shoulders Andre.

You mentioned something about a football game, obviously it would be undoubtedly more popular but I don't think it has to be an either or. I'm sure a lot of people here would love to try your attempt at a football, I have yet to find one I like but going by QM I am sure I would like it. I have really given up on online football games myself. Sure said football game would be by far the most popular but I think running QM still along side would bring more people to it. They will know how good your footy game is and be curious to try something different from you. But you doing a football game would make me intrested and I think that could work in reverse with QM. Why not aim for Andre's gaming empire! With footy, Ice Hockey, Cricket, American Football, Rugby....... ok i'm getting ahead of myself but you get the idea.

I also have an idea to make your time more worthwhile, another small game created and run by one person I play Cricket championship has memberships. There are two important points for this first it's not compulsory you can play for free. Second being a member gets you access to new features first but all features are eventually rolled out site wide. My thinking being that time is money, you work hard at this game so why not make it pay a little in a way that does not detract from your philosophy of not having pay to win? Just an idea I think is worth considering. They also have small side adverts on each page, though I don't know how much that's actually worth to him. Regular player base the last couple of years has been between 400 and 500. So pretty comparable to QM. Not that it's not worthwhile now from a fun perspective but there are lots of things that are fun that as adults we do less of than we like due to other responsibilities.

Making things easier to manage is a good idea, efficiency is always a good idea. I think everyone would rather a game that takes longer to get to being complete than no game at all whilst you tidy it up.

QM is great, your footy game will be great if you go for it. Just remember there are an army of followers prepared to bow down and help you in anyway we can with ideas, our own time and skills (what little some of us may have) for a genuine and great guy.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win

Return to “Announcements”