You changed my mind

Updates on anything regarding QManager
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

You changed my mind

Postby Cygnus » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:01 pm

I thought I had it all figured out. I'd close down Quidditch Manager, take a break and start working on something bigger. Easy!

I was brooding over the decision this weekend and Sunday I was on the brink of posting, but Aline (my wife and Énóis owner) told me to sleep another night over it, not to make a hasty decision and to try to see how I would feel about it. This morning I got up and wrote up the goodbye letter. Quidditch Manager would end after season 39. Posted and done, I thought.

I had been demotivated and fed up with the game; the drive was gone. FIS has been a huge mountain in front of me and I felt like I would not be able to master it.

But the more hours went by, the harder it got to keep away from the forums, to not log in to Quidditch Manager. I even read Dario's post out loud to my wife.

I read your posts one by one and every single one mirrored a part of me, aspects of Quidditch Manager that had faded inside me came back to life and by the end of the day I was actually crying and I thought it would be weak to just revert the situation and come back. But Aline told me that I could bring Quidditch Manager back whenever I wanted to - heck, that it had not even been gone yet - and that you guys would be happy to have it back.

So here I am, declaring that Quidditch Manager will stay on for as long as I'll feel this motivation again.

Now, I feel like maintaining QM will be a fulfilling task again and, even if slowly, I strive to keep on completing it. Again, FIS will be the next big step and after that I will try to make QM more comfortable to manage and administer, to make things easier for myself and to automate more stuff.

I am sorry to have caused such turmoil and now the whole goodbye thing certainly looks a totally fickle attention seeking media stunt, but please trust me when I tell you that it felt like a set decision to me a day ago and your messages flushed out the frustration and filled me with motivation again.

Thank you for playing and enjoying Quidditch Manager and for giving me a push up that mountain!

André

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
leghab
Backup
Team Name: Bebbington Bebbies

Re: You changed my mind

Postby leghab » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 pm

That's fantastic news!!!!!
What a roller-coaster today has been!

"In-All-Seriousness" Edit: I was genuinely sad about the possibility of QM going away - I told my girlfriend and she was sad, too. I've been refreshing the forums more or less all day today, and seeing this news makes me very very happy. Thank you, Cygnus.

That being said -
For example - if you ever felt like, oh, you know, filling your car with whipped cream and the marshmallow bits from Lucky Charms, and attempting to eat your way through to the backseat, well, you go and you do that.
Most likely, you'll need to hire a professional service to clean your car out after, but hey, at least you did it.

Oh - and if you're ever in Boston, you let me know.

Can you please still do this.

P.S. if ever you have any ideas how any of us can help - I don't know much about PHP, but I am still happy to help anyway that I can - please let us know!
oh god i am not good with computer how did this get here

RIP KWKW
RIP OXFORD SHOES
DarioDiConca
All-Star
Team Name: Plymouth Catchers & Isle of Manhood

Postby DarioDiConca » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:12 pm

oh dear god i wanna kiss you so much right now xDDD

I texted to my girlfriend and some close friends that i was feeling kinda of depressed because QM had come to an end xDD
:WC2nd: Season 28, 32, 48
:Honour1st: Season 27, 48
:WC3rd: Season 36
:Honour2nd: Season 26, 45,46
:Honour3rd: Season 25,34,35,37,47,49
:Bronze1st: Season 20
:Steel1st: Season 17

Founded Season 14
Founder of the "dealer system" club
Founder of the "lose 2 CWC finals in a row" club
Founder of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:16 pm

pretty good news, i remember that i awoke today and the first thing that i did was checking QM and finding myself with the bad news, needless to say i was a Little sad like everyone else but now is good to know that Dario and your wife saved QM :lol:

And to think that some people were already pushing the doomsday button like Deatheater.
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
TransylvaniaHungary
Captain
Team Name: London Nemeth

Postby TransylvaniaHungary » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:17 pm

Oh, thank you!!! :D
This is as touching as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuz2ILq4UeA :lol:
:Steel1st:
KAI93
Starter
Team Name: Rochdale Rovers, Weston Westerners, Elephants

Postby KAI93 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:22 pm

Today has definitely been, as was previously said, a roller coaster of emotions. Thank you for keeping the site up!
Rovers: Founded Season 37 Matchday 8
:Steel1st: (S41) :Bronze1st: (S51)

Westerners: Founded Season 40 Matchday 0
:Steel1st: (S44) :Bronze1st: (S50)

Elephants: Founded Season 46 Matchday 19
:Iron1st: (S48)
Crompton
Starter
Team Name: Kingston Killers

Postby Crompton » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Yay, I've been here not quite 3 months and I've been really enjoying learning and playing QM. This turn around has cheered me up right before bed. Thank you Cygnus :-)
League Record 901-551
Finishes (11, 1, 1 :Iron1st: , 12, 10, 4, 1 :Steel1st: , 5, 4, 1 :Bronze1st: , 1 :Silver1st: , 2, 13, 12, 8, 9, 10, 10, 7, 6, 4 :WC1st: , 11, 6, 8, 4)
barberaboy
Backup
Team Name: Preston Pokemon, Preston Pride

Postby barberaboy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:31 pm

YESSSSSS
OUR BEING KIND AND UNDERSTANDING WORKED
NOW WE CAN GO BACK TO DEMANDING FIS
In all seriousness, I'm so glad the site is staying. Now I can spend hours a month making spreadsheets and wasting my college courses! Oh wait I do that now.
:Silver1st: Season 36
Career Win/Loss at the end of Season 39: 467/259, 64.3%
DarioDiConca
All-Star
Team Name: Plymouth Catchers & Isle of Manhood

Postby DarioDiConca » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:33 pm

Image L000000L
:WC2nd: Season 28, 32, 48
:Honour1st: Season 27, 48
:WC3rd: Season 36
:Honour2nd: Season 26, 45,46
:Honour3rd: Season 25,34,35,37,47,49
:Bronze1st: Season 20
:Steel1st: Season 17

Founded Season 14
Founder of the "dealer system" club
Founder of the "lose 2 CWC finals in a row" club
Founder of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:35 pm

I too was legitimately sad. I spent the day telling my coworker, although I'm sure she doesn't really care.

May my addiction continue indefinitely!

Return to “Announcements”