Development (FIS)

Updates on anything regarding QManager
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Development (FIS)

Postby Cygnus » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Hey managers,

I'm opening this thread to talk about any kind of progress in the development of Quidditch Manager.

As some of you might know, you can check on progress of future and partially completed features in the devTracker.
The link is located next to the donate button ;) on top of all pages.

Today I finished a big part of code renovation, labeled as "FIS - MATCH CALCULATION CLEAN-UP".

The new match reports are working great with the completely different way match events are now stored. The only bigger thing that is left is the stats section, which is not very readable in the last demonstrated layout.

I have added Fouls, Injuries and Suspensions to the list, too.

SUSPENSIONS have already been worked on and most of it is already taken care of.

There is as good as no code for FOULS and INJURIES yet, but their concept is already pretty advanced. That's why they are labeled as "on hold" until I start actually putting down some lines for either of them.

I hope you'll keep visiting the devTracker now and then to discover some progress and I will try to post in here to notify that changes are being made behind the scenes!

Best,
Cygnus

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Re: Development (FIS)

Postby Sokolov » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:51 pm

You're the best <3
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:47 pm

Cygnus wrote:The only bigger thing that is left is the stats section, which is not very readable in the last demonstrated layout.

I personally think they are really sharp looking, and to make them more readable I think if you increase the character spacing and line spacing a smidgen I think they are golden.
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Piarou
Rookie
Team Name: Cork Sandtrail

Postby Piarou » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:26 pm

Xter wrote:
Cygnus wrote:The only bigger thing that is left is the stats section, which is not very readable in the last demonstrated layout.

I personally think they are really sharp looking, and to make them more readable I think if you increase the character spacing and line spacing a smidgen I think they are golden.

Maybe give the player-names a colour? Or at least some more room between the sections (Seeker, Beater, Chaser, Keeper)?
*-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-*

No one has ever changed their mind because they were called an idiot. John Green

Return to “Announcements”