Multi Accounts

Updates on anything regarding QManager
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Multi Accounts

Postby Cygnus » Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:23 pm

As stated in the rules, it is not allowed to abuse the game system by creating multiple accounts.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Cygnus
Site Admin

Re: Multi Accounts

Postby Cygnus » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:25 am

Thanks to the new tradelist activity feed, I've been noticing that people are "selling" players to their secondary teams for next to nothing.

This is pretty much pumping money into the lower teams, which gives them an unfair advantage over the others in the same division, who are just starting.

Even though the game's rules state that "It is [...] not allowed to manage more than one team at the same time." in paragraph 1, I am currently tolerating multi accounts, if it's apparent that they are played as separate teams.
Regardless, I always have an eye on what's happening moneywise between teams, but figured that these occurences will be hard to monitor, revert and/or punish manually with an increasing player base.

In general, I encourage playing this game for the fun of it, while trying to stay away from any loopholes you find that could be used to abuse the game's system.

I'll be handling occurences of unfair multi account trading on a case-to-case base until a preventive measure is implemented.

I have started a Suggestions post here.

Thanks!

Quidditch Manager Admin

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:00 am

Maybe some kind of self policing would be best?

Say a list of possible main accounts with multiple teams here on the forum. That way if such a trade happens and it's not similar to market trades between two players it might be spotted and looked into. I am all for allowing more than one account (though I only have one) but of course there needs to be some measure that prevent's most people from trying to take advantage oebf this. Being somebody in a lower league it does worry me that some may be already doing this and it may be affecting my team.

Until now I had just thought those caught would have the "puppet team" deleted as a matter of course.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
pman
Rookie
Team Name: Bangor Beavers

Postby pman » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:25 am

One of my players from my highest team is up for auction right now, there are no bids on her after 4 days. I want to bid with one of my other teams (and if it's a winning bid, I'll have gotten her for well below the buyout price for a player of her calibre). Is it acceptable for me to bid? Somebody else could easily come in and bid over the top of me.
Silver League Champion: Season 33
Bronze League 2 Champion: Season 29
Matthueycamo
Legend
Team Name: Basingstoke Biscione

Postby Matthueycamo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:43 am

pman wrote:One of my players from my highest team is up for auction right now, there are no bids on her after 4 days. I want to bid with one of my other teams (and if it's a winning bid, I'll have gotten her for well below the buyout price for a player of her calibre). Is it acceptable for me to bid? Somebody else could easily come in and bid over the top of me.

You mean you will have got her bellow your valuation. If she has not been purchased it is because the market believe the current price is too expencive.
Founded season 15 matchday 4, 22/10/2013(15th of March 2027)

Iron 3 Champions 2028
Steel 1 Promotion 2031
Bronze 1 Champions 2034
Silver Runners Up 2035
Gold runners Up 2037
Gold Promotion 2041
Total Competitive Record: 723-544. 57.06% Win
Cygnus
Site Admin

Postby Cygnus » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:56 pm

It would be acceptable to bid e.g. 1 G on her and if you win that would mean that any 1 G bidder would have won. So I don't see a problem with low bids. Low buyouts are way more problematic, as it could be a "1 second auction" where you just pass on the player for free basically.

High bids with your lower teams are also problematic, as you'd be paying over market value and pushing money into your main team.

Hornet91
Rookie
Team Name: London Hornets

Postby Hornet91 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:17 pm

Is there a way of making multiple accounts a bit more open by having some way of declaring sister teams.
DevilsOfDerby
Starter
Team Name: Derby Devils and Bedford Butchers

Postby DevilsOfDerby » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:48 am

Hornet91 wrote:Is there a way of making multiple accounts a bit more open by having some way of declaring sister teams.

Other, than calling yourself out like I did? Not really. I suppose Cygnus has a list I'm sure of what he has seen though.
Welcome to HELL
Derby Devils
Club World Cup II Champion
1x Honor League Champion
3x Honor League Runner-up
2x Honor League Third Place
1x Gold League Champion
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:06 pm

DevilsOfDerby wrote:
Hornet91 wrote:Is there a way of making multiple accounts a bit more open by having some way of declaring sister teams.

Other, than calling yourself out like I did? Not really. I suppose Cygnus has a list I'm sure of what he has seen though.

It would be cool if "affiliated teams" could be displayed on each respective Team Page. There needn't be an obligation for those teams to work together (in fact I think the majority try to keep their teams separate) but it would be nice for others to see the connections and then police the trading if they see shifty activity.
DevilsOfDerby
Starter
Team Name: Derby Devils and Bedford Butchers

Postby DevilsOfDerby » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:37 pm

I went ahead and affiliated it on here at any rate. Hopefully that gets others to follow suit.
Welcome to HELL
Derby Devils
Club World Cup II Champion
1x Honor League Champion
3x Honor League Runner-up
2x Honor League Third Place
1x Gold League Champion

Return to “Announcements”