Fight to the Big 3 - Oak, Iron, Steel, Bronze Discussion

A warm place for general discussion.
Ezaco
Backup
Team Name: Kingston Marines

Fight to the Big 3 - Oak, Iron, Steel, Bronze Discussion

Postby Ezaco » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Everyone loves on the Honour League... which is fair. It's the EPL of QM. But sometimes people just wanna talk about their own teams! And with the majority of teams in the Lower 4, why not have our own topic?

I'm in the Iron League this season, my second, by virtue of deletions. I'm pleased that I figured stuff out over the few days of the off season and through cuts (and a good suggestion of just take the damn loan and get a player or two) I'm far more competitive than I was in Oak. 16-6 with most of those losses coming in the first part of the season. Position 5/6 seems to be my barrier (switching with the Mayflies) until I make some other major change. Everyone ranked above me I lose to, and everyone ranked below me I beat (with one exception because my Seeker was asleep -_-).
Kingston Mariners
Founded Season 28 (Match Day 14)
Re-Founded Season 41

:Iron1st: Season 43 Iron League 4 Champions
:Iron1st: Season 46 Iron League 1 Champions
:Steel1st: Season 47 Steel League 1 Champions
NerdRunner
Starter
Team Name: Grimsby Grindylows

Re: Fight to the Big 3 - Oak, Iron, Steel, Bronze Discussion

Postby NerdRunner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:49 pm

To be honest I'm lucky this season. I'm on top of Iron 1 with an undefeated record but I have possibly the least competitive league in Iron. I've got a solid team right now but if I was in your league I'd have a hard time against those top few teams. Same in Iron 4. I've got high hopes for my team though and I'm starting to prepare for Steel.
Founded Season 27, Matchday 29
Currently Silver League
Season 28: Oak Division 2 Champions
Season 29: Iron League 1 Champions :Iron1st:
Season 32: Steel Division 1 Champions :Steel1st:
cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:53 am

Ezaco wrote:Everyone loves on the Honour League... which is fair. It's the EPL of QM. But sometimes people just wanna talk about their own teams! And with the majority of teams in the Lower 4, why not have our own topic?

I'm in the Iron League this season, my second, by virtue of deletions. I'm pleased that I figured stuff out over the few days of the off season and through cuts (and a good suggestion of just take the damn loan and get a player or two) I'm far more competitive than I was in Oak. 16-6 with most of those losses coming in the first part of the season. Position 5/6 seems to be my barrier (switching with the Mayflies) until I make some other major change. Everyone ranked above me I lose to, and everyone ranked below me I beat (with one exception because my Seeker was asleep -_-).

nice initiative, i think that the teams in the lower divisions need a place where to talk too :D. About the loans, i was like you, i was eager of taking a loan but later you realize that asking for loans to buy players is pretty common and helpful to build a team,actually to buy most of my players i had to take loans.

NerdRunner wrote:To be honest I'm lucky this season. I'm on top of Iron 1 with an undefeated record but I have possibly the least competitive league in Iron. I've got a solid team right now but if I was in your league I'd have a hard time against those top few teams. Same in Iron 4. I've got high hopes for my team though and I'm starting to prepare for Steel.

Actually your league seems very competitive too but you have a solid squad and good chasers. Its nice to see that Rocio Carrasco ended in a competitive team, hopefully we will see us in the Steel división the next season.
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Postby Speedy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:00 am

Sale Denied are very competitive in Steel 2 this season, which is in a large part due to loans. My restriction with them is no selling players (a large part of my other clubs' income) but money for facilities and a stadium has been great.

I suppose I have no other expenses with them, so getting the biggest loan I can afford to make daily payments on has no downside. A club in need of a certain player might need some cash in reserve for a chance purchase, but maybe that's not the case. As ever, I recommend a 32k seat stadium as quickly as you can, and then facilities as soon as your budget allows the purchase and upkeep of them.
Ezaco
Backup

Postby Ezaco » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:18 am

NerdRunner wrote:To be honest I'm lucky this season. I'm on top of Iron 1 with an undefeated record but I have possibly the least competitive league in Iron. I've got a solid team right now but if I was in your league I'd have a hard time against those top few teams. Same in Iron 4. I've got high hopes for my team though and I'm starting to prepare for Steel.

Didn't you go undefeated in Oak League? We were in the same division there. Hated it :P

Looks like you drew the SheepShaggers, Blueants, and Sharks from out division, who were... frankly pretty weak but to be fair they were new. The ShadowBalls came from there and are pretty decent, and that's reflected.

I ended up getting 3-4 from our division too, but they're all in the bottom half of the Iron League 3. Predictably I lost to the Toros today, but beat the Mayflies. So it looks like the 5th rank is mine for the rest of the season until I upgrade chasers.
Kingston Mariners
Re-Founded Season 41

NerdRunner
Starter
Team Name: Grimsby Grindylows

Postby NerdRunner » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:07 am

Actually your league seems very competitive too but you have a solid squad and good chasers. Its nice to see that Rocio Carrasco ended in a competitive team, hopefully we will see us in the Steel división the next season.

And I'm very happy with her performance so far!

Ezaco wrote:Didn't you go undefeated in Oak League? We were in the same division there. Hated it :P

Looks like you drew the SheepShaggers, Blueants, and Sharks from out division, who were... frankly pretty weak but to be fair they were new. The ShadowBalls came from there and are pretty decent, and that's reflected.

I did but to be fair I had the first half of the season to rack up free wins with next to no competition ;)
You've definitely got a nice team going so far though. You've definitely done the catching up you needed to compete with the top Iron league teams and I think you can start to give the Toros and the Bears a run for their money.
Founded Season 27, Matchday 29
Currently Silver League
Season 28: Oak Division 2 Champions
Season 29: Iron League 1 Champions :Iron1st:
Season 32: Steel Division 1 Champions :Steel1st:
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Postby Orick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:56 am

I am having a bizarre season in Steel 1. Looking at teams in my league, I should be 4th or 5th (at best) and to be honest, that what I was expecting. So far though I am second, lost only to Dragonslayers and Gray. Yesterday I took another quite surprising victory against Manticores, but today I will probably lose two matches - I am playing Wolves AND Dragonslayers :| I think I might finish 3rd or 4th this season, which would be awesome for me.
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Ezaco
Backup

Postby Ezaco » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:28 am

Well that was surprising...

Jagiellonia beat me more by luck of the draw on Seeker spotting, which happens...

But the Whirligigs beat me soundly... Definitely didn't see that coming.
Kingston Mariners
Re-Founded Season 41

cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:27 am

Ezaco wrote:Well that was surprising...

Jagiellonia beat me more by luck of the draw on Seeker spotting, which happens...

But the Whirligigs beat me soundly... Definitely didn't see that coming.

I know, I generally keep an eye in the other's teams seekers and even if they sometimes have better AVG than my seeker I have seen that he is faster and more agile that many of them, still he keeps loosing duels to them, it may have something to do with his relatively low Dexter but I don't know.

This matchday I barely managed to defeat two of the weakest teams in the division but I didn't use my two best chasers so I am okay with that, actually I think that I will use the rest of the season to give play time to my younger players so they can develop faster, Campbell and Romero aren't getting any younger jaja
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Ezaco
Backup

Postby Ezaco » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:41 pm

26 games left.

Six games out of third place.

6 games against those in the top 4, who I seem to always lose to.

2 games against the Mayflies, whom I keep switching rank with. I have won the previous two games, however.

So assuming I lose all six of the top 4 games, and if I split the Mayflies, and I win the other 18 games against those ranked lower than me.. I'll end up 41-19. That's a win percentage of 68%... which seems par for the course. I'll probably overtake the Mayflies, but I'll probably end there at the 5/6 position. Not horrible... but I was hoping to at least break into that Top 4, or even into a Place position.
Kingston Mariners
Re-Founded Season 41

Return to “Pitchside Tavern”