Player appreciation thread

A warm place for general discussion.
Speedy
Legend
Team Name: Crewe Cuts

Re: Player appreciation thread

Postby Speedy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:58 pm

Damn.
I made space in my squad for an aging youth player to fill, and then forgot to sign them. Now they are 21.1 and no longer at the club.
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:58 pm

SpeedyReedy wrote:Damn.
I made space in my squad for an aging youth player to fill, and then forgot to sign them. Now they are 21.1 and no longer at the club.

Who is it? I'll see if I can afford to buy them and sell them back to you for free.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:41 am

Deatheater wrote:

Who is it? I'll see if I can afford to buy them and sell them back to you for free.

That seems like a waste of your money.
It's okay, I'll live without her. (Marcia Boyd, who I was training as a Seeker but is somehow listed as a Keeper)
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 am

SpeedyReedy wrote:
Deatheater wrote:

That seems like a waste of your money.
It's okay, I'll live without her. (Marcia Boyd, who I was training as a Seeker but is somehow listed as a Keeper)

Yes, it would be a waste for me, but I really owe you big time, because let's be honest, that Connelly-Lee for Levene-Grant trade wasn't fair, you were just being nice. I've kinda owed you all along, and I thought this would be nice.
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Ripp
Captain
Team Name: Newcastle Gunslingers, Poole Koerakoonlased

Postby Ripp » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:09 am

I don't know if it's great or not, but she's only 18,2 years old and already made it to 70 avg.

I remember that when I started buying youngsters with the Gunslingers, I didn't want any players that were under 70 avg at 21 years of age. That was the line between good and bad players for me. After a few seasons, the line moved to 19 something years old player with 70 avg. And now I have a team full of players that will be 70 avg before they hit 19.
Newcastle Gunslingers
"We deal in lead, friend."
easydoesit
Rookie
Team Name: Bristol Bobcats

Postby easydoesit » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:47 am

Ripp wrote:Image

I don't know if it's great or not, but she's only 18,2 years old and already made it to 70 avg.

I remember that when I started buying youngsters with the Gunslingers, I didn't want any players that were under 70 avg at 21 years of age. That was the line between good and bad players for me. After a few seasons, the line moved to 19 something years old player with 70 avg. And now I have a team full of players that will be 70 avg before they hit 19.

I think that's pretty good - looking at old training logs my team (who are currently 5th in Honour) didn't have any players who got to 70 before age 19 (some were pretty close). Obviously actual skill values matter more than averages (mine are generally lower charisma/morale which is why they've topped out at high 80's/very early 90's) but looks like you've got a strong future ahead of you.
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:00 pm

No, no, she is a very weak player. No future at all.

You better just sell her to me right away.

I'll be nice and, like, give you a solid 5k, just to make you feel better.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
Speedy
Legend

Postby Speedy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:46 pm

That's really high for an 18 year old.

The Badgers had a full academy and played Brenes from her 17th birthday in 4 games per day and she was only 70.9 at 18.9 years old.
None of their other six (with the same academy, training, and experience) managed it.

Good work!
Ripp
Captain
Team Name: Newcastle Gunslingers, Poole Koerakoonlased

Postby Ripp » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:17 pm

Hmm, I didn't know it was really high. Good to know!

It seems that the players are getting a lot better and the competition ever tougher. I searched in my RP topic and found, that when I bought Philbert Beattie in last October, he had an AVG skill of 87,2 which ranked him 84th in the top players list. Now, a player has to have at least 88,9 AVG to qualify at all. In that light my future doesn't seem all that great at all.

And yes, I'm aware that AVG's are quite meaningless if they're boosted by meaningless skills.
Newcastle Gunslingers
"We deal in lead, friend."
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Hey!

You have offers blocked, so I hope I am not a bother but....

I would love to work out a deal involving Emily to be transferred to the Misfits.
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact

Return to “Pitchside Tavern”