Honour League S52

A warm place for general discussion.
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Honour League S52

Postby Ruse » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:52 am

Welcome to Poole Koerakoonlased, Fareham Fighting-Hamsters and Ashford Ironbeaks.
Last edited by Ruse on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Re: Honour League S51

Postby Xter » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:25 am

Isn't it S52?

Big question of the year? Will Xter go 3/3 in getting his teams relegated?
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Ripp
Captain
Team Name: Newcastle Gunslingers, Poole Koerakoonlased

Re: Honour League S52

Postby Ripp » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:01 am

Lol, we have 3 teams controlled by Xter, 3 by Dario and two by Derricson.s and me. That's 10 out of 16 teams controlled by 4 users. #notfun
Newcastle Gunslingers
"We deal in lead, friend."
Crompton
Starter
Team Name: Kingston Killers

Postby Crompton » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:18 am

Wow, this is the first season I have played in this game where the Corgis aren't in Honour. Tis a sad day ladies and gentlemen :cry:
League Record 901-551
Finishes (11, 1, 1 :Iron1st: , 12, 10, 4, 1 :Steel1st: , 5, 4, 1 :Bronze1st: , 1 :Silver1st: , 2, 13, 12, 8, 9, 10, 10, 7, 6, 4 :WC1st: , 11, 6, 8, 4)
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Ripp wrote:Lol, we have 3 teams controlled by Xter, 3 by Dario and two by Derricson.s and me. That's 10 out of 16 teams controlled by 4 users. #notfun

We definitely need more active (and good) Managers.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
Piarou
Rookie
Team Name: Cork Sandtrail

Postby Piarou » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:31 pm

A LOT of more active managers and a stop to multi-accounting, is my preferable future for this game.
*-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-*

No one has ever changed their mind because they were called an idiot. John Green
Ripp
Captain
Team Name: Newcastle Gunslingers, Poole Koerakoonlased

Postby Ripp » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:53 pm

What's wrong with multi-accounting if one team isn't helping the other? This game kind of favors multi-accounting since you can't see your own players minimum value i.e. That's why I created my second team. I don't find minimum value important any more, but when I did, I had two options: create a new team or beg other managers.
Newcastle Gunslingers
"We deal in lead, friend."
Piarou
Rookie

Postby Piarou » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:38 pm

My biggest argument against multi's is that it makes it harder for new players to reach the top, as that is filled with mostly old players with various accounts. I wonder how many teams in the Big Three are owned by owners that only have 1 team. My guess is a maximum of 30%. This set-up makes it less likely for new players to STAY active, and thus limits the game's growth.

As to your argument of data,I think there are other ways to make this data available, with some adjustments to the game.

Mind you, I don't really mind about winning, I just want my players to become as good as I can get them, be they winners or not.
*-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-* *-*

No one has ever changed their mind because they were called an idiot. John Green
Sokolov
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Bristol Bangtails

Postby Sokolov » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:31 pm

Piarou wrote:My biggest argument against multi's is that it makes it harder for new players to reach the top, as that is filled with mostly old players with various accounts. I wonder how many teams in the Big Three are owned by owners that only have 1 team. My guess is a maximum of 30%. This set-up makes it less likely for new players to STAY active, and thus limits the game's growth.

As to your argument of data,I think there are other ways to make this data available, with some adjustments to the game.

Mind you, I don't really mind about winning, I just want my players to become as good as I can get them, be they winners or not.

Gotta say I agree about ending multi-accounts when the active numbers reach a higher level. But right now, if everyone was only allowed one account, there would be waaay fewer teams.
Bristol Bangtails
Honour League
Founded Season 19
:Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour2nd: :Honour3rd:
:Gold1st: :Silver1st: :Bronze1st: :Steel1st: :Iron1st:
Piarou
Rookie

Postby Piarou » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:36 pm

I agree that at this point it seems unwise to kill multi-ing. I wonder what the rate of leaving is, though. If that is very high compared to other games, the multi-ing might just be the issue. But I am not even close to being a knowledgeable statistician in this field, so I leave that to the experts.

Return to “Pitchside Tavern”