Honour League - Season 57

A warm place for general discussion.
MSteele
Starter
Team Name: Hartlepool Midshipmen

Re: Honour League - Season 57

Postby MSteele » Mon May 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Match Day three Spotlight:

Catching Fire: The Plymoth Catchers have started off their title defense in good form, and are the early season pacesetters with a record of 4-0. They look to continue their good run of form against the newly promoted Snorkack and the slumping Gunslingers. Both teams currently prop up the table early in the season and all reports indiciate it could be an easy day for the Catchers. Still, they will need to be at the top of their game and avoid complacency to keep this streak going.

Excellent Exeter: Tight on the heels of Catchers and also with a perfect 4-0 record are the Exeter Patronum. With early victories over the London Dynamo and Kingston Killers, this is a team looking to make a statement and progress into the upper reaches of professional Quidditch. Matchday three offers another stern test in the Isle of Man Hood and the Hartlepool Midshipmen. The Hood finished in a tie for second and are currently 3-1, and looking to make up ground on the Catchers. The Midshipmen, though indifferent of form, have claimed the scalp of the Villains and are full of international players. Look for tense matches here.

CWC XI Rematch: Fans eager to see a repeat of last year’s Club World Cup Final need wait no longer, as the Kingston Killers take on the Freham Fighting-Hamsters. Led by seeker Edwige Lejeune and chaser Juana Aguinaga, the Fighting-Hamsters look to avenge their loss to the Killers in last year’s final in what promises to be an exciting match. Not to be overlooked is the match between the Killers and the Dynamo, with both clubs eager to earn a win in this early season clash. After finishing tied last season, there is undoubted pressure on both lineups to prove they have what it takes to go that next step in catching the Catchers. All around, it should be a marvelous day for fans and neutrals alike.
Newcastle East: Season 29-46
1x Iron Division Champions

Hartlepool Midshipmen: Founded Season 47
Promoted to Iron Season 47
Promoted to Steel Season 48
Promoted to Bronze Season 52
Bronze 2 Champion Season 53
Silver League third place Season 54
Gold League runner up Season 55
MSteele
Starter

Postby MSteele » Wed May 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Matchday Four Spotlight

Flying Fareham: Fresh off of a victory against Club World Cup Winners the Kingston Killers, the Fareham Fighting-Hamsters are on a roll. The team currently sits tied for second with the Hood and Patronum. They can really lay down a marker for their title aspirations this matchday as they take on the Catchers and Patronum. With both the Fighting-Hamsters and Patronum only a game back from the Catchers, expect a hard fought game between the two as neither club wants to lose ground on the Catchers. The Fighting-Hamsters are also looking to boost their title credentials by becoming the first team to give the Catchers their first loss of the season. Without a doubt, this pair of matches are the most intriguing of the matchday.

A Harrowing for Harrogate: To say this is not the start to the season that the Harrogate Villains and their fans expected is an understatement. Currently in 11th and four games back from the leading Catchers is certainly not where this team was predicted to be at the start of the season. Making the trek to Plymouth will not be a pleasant experience, especially after the Catchers pipped the Villains to the title last season. A tight rivalry match like this could be the moment to wake up the Villains and snap them out of this early season slump. The Villains will also take on Millport United in a must win game. Will the wily veterans on the Villains be able to pull out one more good run, or could we be witnessing the end of an era?

Other matches to watch:
Ayr Victory (4-2 6th) vs. Exeter Patronum (5-1, T-2nd)-another top of the table clash between two teams looking to keep within distance of the Catchers

Victoria Valkyries (3-3, 7th) vs. Millport Misfits (2-4, 14th)- two newly promoted teams renewing their competitive rivalry in the top flight.

cygnus-flamel
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: Swansea Alchemists, Dublin BlackCats, Convocation

Postby cygnus-flamel » Wed May 17, 2017 9:10 pm

MSteele wrote:Matchday Four Spotlight

A Harrowing for Harrogate: To say this is not the start to the season that the Harrogate Villains and their fans expected is an understatement. Currently in 11th and four games back from the leading Catchers is certainly not where this team was predicted to be at the start of the season. Making the trek to Plymouth will not be a pleasant experience, especially after the Catchers pipped the Villains to the title last season. A tight rivalry match like this could be the moment to wake up the Villains and snap them out of this early season slump. The Villains will also take on Millport United in a must win game. Will the wily veterans on the Villains be able to pull out one more good run, or could we be witnessing the end of an era?

Does anybody know if the Villains had a major change in its squad? or is it just RNGesus displaying its wrath on him?
Swansea Alchemists. Founded season 25.
Titles: :Steel1st: S.30, :Bronze1st: S.38, :Silver1st: s.40

Dublin BlackCats. Founded season 29.
Titles: Oak S.30, :Steel1st: s.41
Pharaoh97
Backup
Team Name: Liverpool Hypogriffs, Liverpool Pharaohs, LQC

Postby Pharaoh97 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:45 pm

@cygnus-flamel They didn't do a change in the offseason per what i've seen. I think the drop of their keeper is the biggest factor but their record is certainly not great for this lineup

@MSteele Great posts for both matchdays, nice of you to contribute
Last edited by Pharaoh97 on Wed May 17, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud owner of the Liverpool Hypogriffs:
Founded season 47,
Season 52 Steel division 2 champion :Steel1st: ,
Season 53 Bronze league 2 co-champion,
Season 54 Silver league runner-up,
Reached Honour at season 56

Liverpool Pharaohs :Iron1st: :Steel1st:
Liverpool QC
MSteele
Starter

Postby MSteele » Wed May 17, 2017 10:30 pm

cygnus-flamel wrote:Does anybody know if the Villains had a major change in its squad? or is it just RNGesus displaying its wrath on him?

No idea, but maybe this is PNGesus' revenge for all those titles. But the Villains went 2-0 today so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. And thanks Pharaoh. Got inspired by you and Zankman and have free time now, so I figured I'd knock a couple out. Probably the closest I'll get to actually roleplaying my team.

Xter
Hall-Of-Famer
Team Name: MU, MM, FFH, HC, GL

Postby Xter » Sat May 27, 2017 2:45 am

Hamsters had such a good start!!

But then it died.

Maybe I'll be the manager to go 3 for 3 teams relegated from honor?
Xter

Millport Quidditch Association
Fareham Fighting-Hamsters Organization
Glasglow Lagavulin Organization
Halifax Canadiens Organization

Founder, Chief Editor, and Writer at Quidditch Weekly

Contact
Deatheater
Legend
Team Name: None anymore

Postby Deatheater » Sat May 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Xter wrote:Hamsters had such a good start!!

But then it died.

Maybe I'll be the manager to go 3 for 3 teams relegated from honor?

Start a new club!

"Xter, Founder of the 'get all your teams relegated from Honour in the same season' club"

Uh, I mean, don't lose hope! You can do this if you believe in yourself! Encouraging statements!
Ew why was my signature so cheesy?

Really, song lyrics? Yeesh, I haven't left all of my cringiness behind. I promise, it's mostly gone now.

I should have at least quoted a less dramatic song.
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Postby Ruse » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Wow. Double wins against Catchers and Patronum brings my Victorys at 2nd place.
What a close season finish.
5 teams still fight for the title.
Hood 42, Victory and Catchers 41 and Villains and Patronum 40.
Pharaoh97
Backup
Team Name: Liverpool Hypogriffs, Liverpool Pharaohs, LQC

Postby Pharaoh97 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Congrats to the Catchers for a second title in a row. This one was closer but the same team came on top :Honour1st: . Great season also from the Vilains, Hood and Victory.

My Hypogriffs completed their 10th full season in the Quidditch world with a good 7th place finish in the top league. A 4 place and 9 wins improvement from last season! Hopefully the team will keep getting better next season too and maybe (probably a pipe dream) challenge for the top 3.
Proud owner of the Liverpool Hypogriffs:
Founded season 47,
Season 52 Steel division 2 champion :Steel1st: ,
Season 53 Bronze league 2 co-champion,
Season 54 Silver league runner-up,
Reached Honour at season 56

Liverpool Pharaohs :Iron1st: :Steel1st:
Liverpool QC
Ruse
All-Star
Team Name: Ayr Victory, Victoria Valkyries, HW Aethersprites

Postby Ruse » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Congrats to the Catchers. Close run at the end.
amazing season by the Victorys, reaching a new teamrecord with 46 wins in one Honourleagueseason.

Return to “Pitchside Tavern”