QM future

A warm place for general discussion.
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Re: QM future

Postby Zankman » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:14 pm

I mean, we can make a spiritual sequel called "Broom Wizards", right?

Whatever, whether the game stays up/gets new management or someone makes a spiritual successor (and I hope at least one of those happens, at least the latter), I'll keep playing. Hope that someone at least notifies me about it.

From not caring about Quidditch at all to being really sad that it's going away... Ugh, how things change.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
SpareTheWand
Youngster
Team Name: Shrewsbury Renegades

Postby SpareTheWand » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:08 am

Zankman wrote:I mean, we can make a spiritual sequel called "Broom Wizards", right?

Whatever, whether the game stays up/gets new management or someone makes a spiritual successor (and I hope at least one of those happens, at least the latter), I'll keep playing. Hope that someone at least notifies me about it.

From not caring about Quidditch at all to being really sad that it's going away... Ugh, how things change.

A couple of us are talking about an idea for a new game. I'm personally trying to stay away from quidditch out of respect, so the challenge is finding something people would be familiar with, but being able to put a twist on it so that it still fits into a management sim.

I definitely think I'll have something with light features ready for testing before QM goes dark. When that time comes, and with Cygnus's permission of course, I'd like to invite the people here to join us there if they're still looking for a casual browser sim to check once or twice a day.
Orick
All-Star
Team Name: London Swallows

Postby Orick » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:10 am

Best luck in your new endavours, Cygnus. You've made a great game and gathered a nice community - that's something really special and I hope you will remember us just like we will remember you and QM.

I guess this is my farewell too, it was a pleasure to play and occasionally chat with you, gentlemen (and possibly a few ladies (?) ).
Proud owner of London Swallows [Steel Division 1]
Former owner of London Inquisitors
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:57 am

SpareTheWand wrote:A couple of us are talking about an idea for a new game. I'm personally trying to stay away from quidditch out of respect, so the challenge is finding something people would be familiar with, but being able to put a twist on it so that it still fits into a management sim.

I definitely think I'll have something with light features ready for testing before QM goes dark. When that time comes, and with Cygnus's permission of course, I'd like to invite the people here to join us there if they're still looking for a casual browser sim to check once or twice a day.

Well, if you added a bit more depth/things to do to the game, that would be cool too. :P

Just don't do that Blitzball thing, pls. I dislike Final Fantasy... That's from Final Fantasy, right? Yeah. :D

Orick wrote:Best luck in your new endavours, Cygnus. You've made a great game and gathered a nice community - that's something really special and I hope you will remember us just like we will remember you and QM.

I guess this is my farewell too, it was a pleasure to play and occasionally chat with you, gentlemen (and possibly a few ladies (?) ).

That's a good point and something that shouldn't be understated - we did make a nice small community here, after all.
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
Radioactive
Youngster
Team Name: Newport Eels

Postby Radioactive » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:39 pm

If you guys set up a crowd fund for making a spiritual successor I'd donate to help out. Or you guys can explore other fictional sports and make a similar game but for a different sport I'd be down to help out with that too. I'm not good with coding but I am great at brainstorming ideas so I'd love to help out that way too. We could always brainstorm together and create a fictional sport from scratch.

Will you keep this forum up Cygnus for some time after the last season?
Cygnus
Site Admin
Team Name: Cardiff Corgis

Postby Cygnus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:57 pm

Radioactive wrote:Will you keep this forum up Cygnus for some time after the last season?

Yeah, we can keep the forum up for a while. While inactive, I might have the pensieve stay available if you log into the game with an existing account.

Member of the "lose honour league in the last match to the second placed team that became the first placed team" club
SpareTheWand
Youngster

Postby SpareTheWand » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Zankman wrote:Well, if you added a bit more depth/things to do to the game, that would be cool too. :P

Just don't do that Blitzball thing, pls. I dislike Final Fantasy... That's from Final Fantasy, right? Yeah. :D

We've moved past that idea.

This is all getting off topic though. We should probably find another place to talk about these things so we don't threadjack.
cdo
Youngster
Team Name: Ayr Heads

Postby cdo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:43 pm

In this hypothetical new game, would I be more successful?

Asking for a friend..... ;)
SpareTheWand
Youngster

Postby SpareTheWand » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:07 am

cdo wrote:In this hypothetical new game, would I be more successful?

Asking for a friend..... ;)

Says the Honour to the Oak :P
Radioactive
Youngster
Team Name: Newport Eels

Postby Radioactive » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:26 pm

If you guys do move forward with this idea I would like to be kept updated :)

Return to “Pitchside Tavern”