QM future

A warm place for general discussion.
Cokeland Bay-Saxton
Youngster
Team Name: Manchester UnitedFC

Re: QM future

Postby Cokeland Bay-Saxton » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:09 pm

I also agree with a change of ownership.
Manchester UnitedFC
Iron League
Founded Season 57
Booty_Wizard
Youngster
Team Name: Barnsley BootyBouncers

Postby Booty_Wizard » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:25 pm

My boy Wand has managed to maintain tech and communities for years in the game we come from, if you are willing to hand QM off instead of shutting it down, he's your guy.
In case you were wondering The Barnsley BootyBouncers both make booties bounce and have bounceable booties.

Stadium Theme Song:
[+] NSFW
Naughty words

Team Theme Song:
[+] NSFW
Naughty words + Booty in the thumbnail
Cokeland Bay-Saxton
Youngster

Postby Cokeland Bay-Saxton » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Booty_Wizard wrote:My boy Wand has managed to maintain tech and communities for years in the game we come from, if you are willing to hand QM off instead of shutting it down, he's your guy.

What he said
Manchester UnitedFC
Iron League
Founded Season 57
nakari
Youngster
Team Name: Tamworth Tapirs and Paisley Peppers

Postby nakari » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Posting in support of a possible takeover. I'm from the same group as SparetheWand, TimStark, and 10-12 other players. SparetheWand definitely has the capability to do it. Honestly, I just don't want to lose this game. It's such a unique and exciting experience. But it's fair enough to want to move on from it, and I wish you all the best!
Cokeland Bay-Saxton
Youngster

Postby Cokeland Bay-Saxton » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:29 pm

Booty_Wizard, nakari, TimStark, and a few others got me into this game, and now I want it to stay. I shall also throw my support to the change of ownership.
Manchester UnitedFC
Iron League
Founded Season 57
Chingis
Youngster
Team Name: Chester Chingizeez

Postby Chingis » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Can confirm that this guy is pretty onto it. Haven't known him as long or as closely as some of the people like Tim, but from what I can see he's as dedicated as it gets.
Zankman
All-Star
Team Name: London Dynamo

Postby Zankman » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:48 pm

As excited I am at the prospect of the game continuing to live...

Ya know, all of this is very suspicious, lol.

Suddenly a huge group of supposedly related but completely unknown players voicing themselves on this topic and showing support for a takeover?

I mean... It's great if true, good to hear that a community of friends/acquaintances plays this game together - but it would be far, far less suspicious/weird if any of you had more than 1 post, lol.

In other words: You all kinda came out of nowhere. Would have been great if all of you had been posting on this forum on a daily basis, keeping it more active...
As it stands now, I give all of you a 33.3% chance of being legit, a 33.3% chance of being a bunch of trolls and a 33.3% chance of being some very weird multi-account thing.

Hope I'm wrong, tho!
Legacy of the London Dynamo
Founded:
Season 30 - Sapling 8.
Promotions (first season in new league):
Season 31 - Oak 5.
Season 32 - Iron 4.
Season 34 - Steel 3.
Season 37 - Bronze 2.
Season 38 - Silver.
Season 41 - Gold.
Season 44 - Honour.
Titles:
Season 48 - Club World Cup 1st Place.
Highest Honour Placement(s):
Season 44 - 5th.
Rivals:
Isle of Man Hood, Gillingham Giants, London Asswinders, London Ravens, Exeter Patronum, Dudley Dursleys...
Inspiration
London Inquisitors (RIP, S24 - S40).
nakari
Youngster
Team Name: Tamworth Tapirs and Paisley Peppers

Postby nakari » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:02 am

We're all very real :P We play a different game together, which got us into Quidditch Manager. It's just that we tend to discuss it with each other rather than on here, sorry >_< You should see our Discord server just after Quidditch Manager updates. Probably should have started talking on the forum sooner, but it's a lot less active than where we usually talk about QM. Didn't want to suddenly flood it with us, when there seemed to already be an established community. Easier for me at least to talk with friends I already know, and where I already have an account, and where I already spend a lot of time. Reason I'm joining now and talking is because I enjoy this game a lot and this seems like a possible way to keep it alive. No trolling, promise!
TimStark
Youngster
Team Name: Wolverhampton Wyverns

Postby TimStark » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:04 am

To be fair, I didn't actually realize the forums existed until about last week so that's my bad for me at least! A good fifteen or so of us are from a browser game called Nationstates and thought this game looked really awesome and all got involved in playing on here. The hour after the game updates every day is basically spent just talking about what happened that day in QM on our DIscord server, so we're all pretty passionate about it haha. I do see how it could look suspicious haha, but we genuinely all are just folks who'd love to see the game stay alive and keep going. If there was anyone else who was interested in taking the game on, I'd back them too. Ultimately, I just want to see it keep going, so I can maybe eventually get the Wolverhampton Wyverns up to Div 1! I'll definitely look to get more involved on the forums now that I know they're here. It'd be great to connect with other players in the community outside of my little bubble!

I might shitpost a lot in other places, but I'm 100% legit :D

edit: jesus Nakari and I posting two minutes apart really fuels that multi claim eh? We're also discussing this in Discord rn lol, hence the close-together replies :P
SpareTheWand
Youngster
Team Name: Shrewsbury Renegades

Postby SpareTheWand » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:11 am

Zankman wrote:As excited I am at the prospect of the game continuing to live...

Ya know, all of this is very suspicious, lol.

Suddenly a huge group of supposedly related but completely unknown players voicing themselves on this topic and showing support for a takeover?

I mean... It's great if true, good to hear that a community of friends/acquaintances plays this game together - but it would be far, far less suspicious/weird if any of you had more than 1 post, lol.

In other words: You all kinda came out of nowhere. Would have been great if all of you had been posting on this forum on a daily basis, keeping it more active...
As it stands now, I give all of you a 33.3% chance of being legit, a 33.3% chance of being a bunch of trolls and a 33.3% chance of being some very weird multi-account thing.

Hope I'm wrong, tho!

I've lurked on the forum but never bothered to make an account until I saw this. I jokingly suggested trying to carry on QM myself, but it was one of those jokes based in truth that kept growing in my mind. I poked some people to come over and it turned into a rally of support. Funny enough, the people I poked to reply to this thread are the people who poked me to join QM in the first place. :)

FWIW, one of the things I'm known for in the other game we play is finding technical solutions to problems over there. I've written and shared a variety of applications written in PHP and/or JavaScript, and helped to provide support to other developers writing their own scripts. I've also developed some prototypes for browser games of my own and I poked my friends to be test users for me. They're using apps either written by me or forked from my projects on a daily basis. Considering their experience of what I can do added to their enthusiasm for QM (the daily update can get pretty hype for some of us), it at least makes sense to me that they'd be eager to push their support like they have.

We've made the mistake of enjoying our own little QM community without taking much effort to involve ourselves in the greater community of players already here. And to be honest, it's not something I even considered until this point - we came at this with the idea of continuing a game and only now has it occurred to me that there's a community that would be lost as well. With that in mind it makes a lot of sense that some alarms might be going off for you right now.

Return to “Pitchside Tavern”